AGS Kart

Started by SinSin, Sun 22/04/2012 21:33:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

I keep meaning to get back into this. I got completely sidetracked by how amazing Unity 3D is. But I doubt I'll ever work on this again.

My method of improving speed was by using triangles instead of a pixel background. But AGS has many glitches when it comes to triangles. If a triangle is too large, it will sometimes even reverse the direction of the triangle. I had it so that any triangle that was partly off the screen would just not draw (just until I got around to manually splicing those triangles into something that won't be mostly off screen; but I never did). Overall it went super quick when all the triangles were on screen and looked very clean. It held steady at 40fps. I even had a nice level editor for it too where you can import a background sprite only for "tracing" and then create your triangles over that.

Dervish

so for all intents and purposes this project is DEAD?
That is too bad I was really impressed by some of the tech demoes I saw coming out of this.
I know AGS really isn't the engine to use to creating something like this but it gave me hope for what could be possible with AGS.
Now if I could only program... Think Brain Think damn you!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Dervish on Fri 08/11/2013 19:44:56
so for all intents and purposes this project is DEAD?
I can't say it's dead, as I can't speak for the others who posted tech demos, but my attempt is dead. That's for sure.

Peder 🚀

Care to share the source code of what you did make Ryan? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk