Any americans watch the debate last night?

Started by Dave Gilbert, Fri 01/10/2004 15:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Ah, poop, so you live in the States and therefore know what's going on! Wow. Well, let's see...I live in Massachusetts, which I believe, is in the States. Hmm, yes, I beleve so. And, ahem, I think I know FAR better than you "whats going on". Let me educate you a little, poop. You see, if you have a certain small amount of money, and get taxed very little on it, you still have a small amount of money left. But, if you have a ton of money, and get taxed a lot, it is still possible to have a crapload of money. Do you get what I'm saying? 52% doesn't affect you as much as it would affect me. I would go broke. Your parents are probably only slightly affected by it.

As for opinion-changing, you need some more educating. I'd rather have a president that changes his opinion once in awhile due to new facts or circumstances, than have a president that doesn't change what he believes, even if proven wrong. Understand?

poop743

Dg, i have a great idea for a game. You can make a game where this guy keeps running into these darn hippies. Ill leave the rest up to u. I think you should release your game anyway. Even if its not totally finished, id love to see it. But im not sure if the hippies would fin dit politically correct. ha

BorisZ

Quote from: poop743 on Fri 08/10/2004 21:55:04
Dg, i have a great idea for a game. You can make a game where this guy keeps running into these darn hippies. Ill leave the rest up to you. I think you should release your game anyway. Even if its not totally finished, id love to see it. But I'm not sure if the hippies would fin dit politically correct. ha

Or you can change hippies with rednecks.
How about it poop?

poop743

i dont think so. I've always found hippies funnier than rednecks. Besides, redneck games have been done before. DG would be the first person to exploit hippies in an adventure game.

Moox

Your new around here, first thing never to do is piss off DG.
Secondly, I am a republican yet I am borderline on most issues but you are really ruining everything republicans stand for. Untill you pay taxes you cant complain about them, I believe you are just mimicing your parents at this point. Get out some more, go to your local party headquarters. View the aclu site, the canadite's sites, the UAG site, and any other political site that is not just a rant. Ask people! When you know get back to us with your ideas, not your Ebenezer Scrooge parent's ideas.

juncmodule

For those of you that don't know the 2nd round of debates are coming on in about an hour and a half. I think it's 2AM GMT, 9PM Eastern Time(US).

For more info about the debates and transcripts (sorry if this was posted earlier), check out: http://www.debates.org/

later,
-junc

BorisZ

Quote from: poop743 on Fri 08/10/2004 23:18:48
i dont think so. I've always found hippies funnier than rednecks. Besides, redneck games have been done before. DG would be the first person to exploit hippies in an adventure game.

You just don't get it, eh?
What do you want me, to draw it all for you?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteGet out some more, go to your local party headquarters. View the aclu site, the canadite's sites, the UAG site, and any other political site that is not just a rant. Ask people!

And maybe absorve some Michael Moore films and books, as well some pro-Bush influence, wherever it comes from. No sarcasm here - if you manage to balance both and somehow find the truth in both points of view, you'll have gone a long way.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

DGMacphee

Quote from: LostTraveler on Sat 09/10/2004 00:09:42
Your new around here, first thing never to do is piss off DG.

I'm not an angry person. I'm just misunderstood.Ã,  :'(

"I just wish I could go
someplace where nobody
knows me."
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Opo Terser

Vern : Geez, Gordie, why couldn't you have gotten breakfast stuff like twinkies, Pez and root beer?
Gordie : Sorry, Vern. I guess a more experienced shopper could have gotten more for your seven cents.

Domino

sorry to be off topic......

Chopper, Sick Balls....

TerranRich

Wow. Well, the debate has just ended, at least for viewers in the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S. Just a few key points:

• There were several points where I would mumble something under my breath, just a thought or a sentiment, and then John Kerry would voice my exact thoughts just moments later, one time almost word-for-word.
• This debate is tougher to choose who the winner was. Personally, I walked away from it just as convinced to choose Kerry as before.
• Basically, Bush kept arguing that he would do the job. Kerry kept arguing that he would do the job right. Even their closing statements reflected this. Kerry, having spoken first, said that he had plans galore, plans for this, plans for this, plans, plans, everywhere! But at least he detailed a few of those plans for us during the debate. Bush merely said that people wanted a strong, decisive leader, who will take action.
• My biggest beef has to be with the "no new taxes" statement by Kerry. A panelist basically told Kerry to look into the camera and promise never to raise taxes for families making under $200K a year. Kerry then said "I will not raise taxes." He didn't add "...for families making under $200K a year," but that was a given, if anybody had been listening. Well, apparently Bush wasn't. He then attacked Kerry and claimed that he first said he would raise taxes for the rich, then not raise taxes at all. I felt like slapping my TV and saying "He meant not to raise taxes for a certain bracket, you idiot!"

Anybody else have some thoughts coming away from the debate?

DGMacphee

I like this little fuck-up from Bush:

"I made a decision not to join the International Criminal Court in The Hague, which is where our troops could be brought to (oops) -- brought in front of a judge, an unaccounted judge.

Now let's play "What Bush was going to say?"

Can you guess what Bush was going to say after "brought to --"? Was it:

a) Justice
b) Kathmandu
c) Delicious cupcakes
d) John Stamos

Pesty

Quote from: DGMacphee on Sat 09/10/2004 04:19:21
I like this little fuck-up from Bush:

"I made a decision not to join the International Criminal Court in The Hague, which is where our troops could be brought to (oops) -- brought in front of a judge, an unaccounted judge.

Now let's play "What Bush was going to say?"

Can you guess what Bush was going to say after "brought to --"? Was it:

a) Justice
b) Kathmandu
c) Delicious cupcakes
d) John Stamos

John Stamos! John Stamos!

That part made me laugh, too. I was hoping he wouldn't correct himself and stumble over his words like he is known to do.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

MrColossal

Didja catch when Bush said something along the lines of: "With Kerry as President Saddam would still be in power! And the world would be a lot better for it."

FLIP FLOPPER!!

I also enjoyed very much when he said "There's a rumor going on around the internets." Ã, Oh that crazy interweb!

Kerry said something that made me smile, about abortion. When he said that he's Catholic but because of this he doesn't have the right to run the country like everyone else is also Catholic.

That was very good to hear, I tell you what.

It also seemed like Bush was very... Pushy. Or demeaning. The way he spoke to the crowd seemed like he was talking to 3 year olds. Which is why I'm glad Kerry kicked him in the nuts by [twice] saying exasperatingly to give up on the labels [calling Kerry [even though he said Kennedy] one of the most liberal senators] and Bush did! Sit back down Mr. Bush, the President is speaking.

From my own brains... There will never be a perfect President for me. Clinton did a lot of good and a lot of bad, Kerry believes in a lot of good but also a lot of bad [marriage = man and woman, eat my ball sack Mr. Kerry] But taking the good and taking the bad.. Ignoring the obvious joke... and weighing them opposite each other, the good scale drops to the ground like AGA's pants in a sheep pasture.

edit while DG and the Pete were posting: Yes DG, I caught that and enjoyed the hell out of it. What's so about justice.. HMMMMM?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

TerranRich

Eric: by saying "marriage = man and woman, eat my ball sack Mr. Kerry", were you expressing your disdain at that sentiment, or were you telling Kerry what your opinion was? I just want to know, don't worry, I won't start a gay marriage thread. I'll keep my opinion to myself.

DGMacphee

Dig it! Jessi Klein's blog on CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/blog/10/08/klein.blog/

I like this part:

"Why are both Kerry and Bush strutting around the stage and yelling? I would say this looks more like a scene from "8 Mile" than a presidential debate, except for the fact that "8 Mile" was far more entertaining than this."

----

Also, check out Bob Novak's blog, which is also funny, but mainly for his very curt entries:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/blog/10/08/novak.blog/

Like this one:

"Bush is not smirking."

MrColossal

allow me to add to that then Terran:

Marriage = man + woman?!?! WHATHAFU? ?? ? ? ?OMG

How's that?

Eric

P.S.? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

TerranRich

What? That made no sense. :P Make sense! Now!

MrColossal

Saying that marriage is reserved for only men and women and yet allowing so many other things to go unchecked is hypocritical and retarded thinking.

It's a symbol of love not an institution. There are people who get married for tax reasons and have no eternal love for each other. There are people who get married and then have polyamorous relationships with multiple partners not out of spite but with the other partner knowing and accepting. There are people who get married in a drive through in Vegas. There are people who don't even get married in a church with a priest rabbi or whatever! Religion doesn't even come into play with their marriage at all, it's all legal! So as long as one of you is a man and the other a woman you can throw marriage around as much as you like? But as soon as the gender is equal OFF LIMITS!

What about transgendered people? Biologically they may be a woman but mentally they are a man and live every bit of their lives as a man. Are they allowed to get married since they can also be legally recognized as a man?

This is mostly what I ment by OMG

And yes, this is about the debates so if someone has something to say about the above PM me please or start a new topic...

I LOVE LOVE how Bush, when asked what some mistakes are, said that history will look back on see some mistakes he made. You don't have to wait 20 years to be able to look back and see mistakes, goddammit, you can do it half a second after the act has been made!

Retard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk