Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

AGSCraft should now be online with our 3 world.
Portals does not work in multi, neither do damage nor carts!
So where does that leave us?
Basically at where we allready was.....

Arboris

oh poopy :( coop survival sounded like fun

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Darth Mandarb

I was able to play a little [single player] earlier ... but now it won't connect to the minecraft servers.

That guy seriously needs to upgrade his server(s).  If he's going to take people's money he needs to provide more reliable servers.  And I read today the profit is now 6 figures so the dude can afford to (and should) update them.

Peder 🚀

Arboris

he already did, its running on a large cloud network these days.

Personally, this isn't any different from what im used to in WoW when a big patch hits. Everybody connecting at the same time.

Crimson Wizard

I can connect now.
I think biodome tech is working? I can see snowy planes connecting to large grassy areas. Or is it simply a type of winter terrain?

Arboris

no theyre working, its not snowing in my snowlevel anymore tho

Domino

I also cannot access multi-player either.

Vince Twelve

Darthville 2.0 needs to straddle biomes, so the low-rent neighborhood can be constantly covered in snow, while the upscale kids bask in the sun.

I haven't been able to log in yet.  Got my update, though and the biomes look cool.  Haven't seen the nether yet.  Too bad multiplayer didn't get all fixed up yet.

Edit: Ok, started up a new world and hacked in a bunch of obsidian.  Started experimenting with gates.  Wound up making a gate in the Nether that popped me out right into a spider dungeon and died before I could get my bearings!  Awesome!

Crimson Wizard

This new world on ags server has some very interesting terrain features. For instance, there's huge natural cave system right under the starting valley, which has several levels and leads almost to the bedrock.

Matti

So, if anybody is wondering: I'm in too, but my nick isn't Matti, it's MudTea (which is roughly how my name should be pronounced in English).

Unfortunately, my laptop is acting up a bit, so I won't be around too often. I'll check out what you guys build from time to time though.

Domino

Darth has to get his construction team back together to rebuild Darthville.

I have a small house in the middle of the map. I put a huge ass tower with torches on top, because this time; Domino (skeith2572) doesn't want to get lost again.

:)

Vince Twelve

we need that whitelist set up.  There was some obsidian-related vandalism going on today.  tnitl is the suspect.  Boo.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, we've got hooligan again.
Now he puts obsidian blocks everywhere, blocking passages (obsidian is very difficult to remove).

There was a word "TNiTL" written with obsidian blocks, and there's "tnitl" user in the server list. Could be him (unless someone wanted to set him up).
I suggest this investigated.

EDIT: posted almost same moment as Vince ;)

Calin Leafshade

I'm currently at work but i'll set up a whitelist at the next possible opportunity.

MillsJROSS

I'm coming across a glitch, and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

When placing a block in a specific region the block is placed as normal. In about 2-3 seconds, though, it disappears. As far as I can tell it's completely gone from the game world. It's not added back to my inventory, and there are no blocks to pick up.

I've also noticed there's a sandy area near the spawning point, that doesn't allow you to grab sand.

Obviously the game is still buggy, which is why it's an alpha release, but I'm hoping someone at least has come across this before (even if they don't know a solution).

-MillsJROSS

Ryan Timothy B

You can't build or destroy anything in a certain radius of the spawn unless you're an admin, otherwise it will just reset back to normal.

If this disappearing block thing is happening far enough away from the spawn, it's an issue with the lag. I've experienced this before and I usually just moved over to a different chunk, like 16 or so blocks away, and you can start building again. Sometimes.

Darth Mandarb

I experience that all the time ... I think it's an issue with latency from playing over the 'net because it doesn't happen to me when playing single-player mode.

Why it happens more closer to the spawn point (another thing I've also noticed) I have no idea?! (edit: Ryan answered that one)

MillsJROSS

Ryan hit the nail on the head. I was building on top of the spawn location. I simply diverted my skyway. Thanks!

-MillsJROSS

straydogstrut

I just started getting the blocks disappearing issue - nowhere near the spawn point - then I fell through my house..upwards..and day suddenly became night. I quit and now I can't reconnect. Think the server might be having a strop, unless it just doesn't want to play with me anymore=(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk