Dig in, Minecraft [AGSCraft server] BACK ONLINE!

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 24/09/2010 03:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Oh my. The smooth lighting looks gorgeous. No wonder why he makes it the default lighting setting now.

He actually fixed the fence walking glitch. Now you can actually walk on a fence without glitching everything out. 'Bout freakin time.

DoorKnobHandle

Oh YES! Just the thing that was needed to get me back and motivated! Sweet and thanks for letting us know!

Phemar

It seems to run faster, but also glitches out more often. It's crashed twice in the last hour :/

Other than that, exploring a new world I generated and it seems there's a few funny glitches - nothing major, just stuff like dirt and trees appearing in mid-air, big walls of leaves appearing without trunks (I thought they might be bushes, but they weren't connected to the ground...)

At least it runs smoother :D

Oh yea, and for anyone who's interested, the new crafting recipes are as follows:

Code: ags

<empty> <empty> <empty>
<wool> <wool> <wool>
<planks> <planks> <planks>

= Bed

Code: ags

<empty> <empty> <empty>
<redstone torch> <redstone dust> <redstone torch>
<smoothstone> <smoothstone> <smoothstone>

= Delay thingy

Edit: Also, pressure plates now only require 2 blocks next to each other, meaning they can be crafted without a table.

There's also half-slabs for sandstone and wood now, crafted with three blocks next to each other.

Edit edit: Apparently there's also some new obsidian looking block, and no-one seems to quite know what it is...

Ryan Timothy B

The delay switch is awesome. I was hoping he'd give you control for timing and he did. Right on.
Only 4 different settings, but it definitely reduces the amount of room you need to make a music track.

straydogstrut

Phemar's post prompted me to log in again after too long. Even on my low res settings, the graphics are much improved.

More impressive is what you've all been up to - this world is disturbingly coherent and some of the structures (AGS coliseum, AGS Forum) are really clever. Also, I loved the 'corporate takeover' of the hotel I started yonks ago;-)

I need to make more time to play MC again=)

Ryan Timothy B

Galen

So who tunneled though my island, stole a bunch of torches, tore down the trees I planted and then smashed my windows? If I find you you'll meet my friend 4-Stacks-of-Arrows.

Phemar

Peder 🚀

Lol, I am having problems getting the server up and running again (survival island).. So it is delayed...

Phemar

Ok no worries :D

By the way, does anyone else think it might be time to try out a new world?

DuncanFx

Quote from: Phemar on Thu 24/02/2011 23:31:24
By the way, does anyone else think it might be time to try out a new world?

I wouldn't mind a reset of the main world soon. There's some amazing stuff on there, but the landscape needs a refresh.

Phemar

Btw, if you're thinking about reseting the world, try out the seed 9152786191808694786.

It creates an AMAZING world! Go to the section around x=-99, y=77 and z=176. It's honestly breathtaking!

DoorKnobHandle

Please don't just kill the current world, give us a deadline of a couple days at least please (like 3), I'd like to take a look at it one more time and maybe make a youtube walkthrough so it's saved forever because there it's just so developed right now, so big too.

Galen

Quote from: Phemar on Sat 26/02/2011 00:30:54
Btw, if you're thinking about reseting the world, try out the seed 9152786191808694786.

It creates an AMAZING world! Go to the section around x=-99, y=77 and z=176. It's honestly breathtaking!
"gargamel" makes something interesting too.

I'll miss my house though, never got a chance to finish it ;_;

Calin Leafshade

Maybe a reset is due.

Consider the warning of the apocalypse issued.

You have 3 days.. or until i remember that i said this.

Phemar

Can you back up the world, then spawn some TNT into chests? That way we could have a little fun before it goes bye bye :D

P.S. Calin, there's a little thing in your signature that looks strangely like a penis lol.

Peder 🚀

All previous worlds gets zipped and put available for download for use in the singleplayer part of Minecraft:

http://minecraft.agsarchives.com/worlds/ (Link available in first post too).

Arboris

Revisiting the first world with the new lightning engine makes the stuff look even more awesome then before

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

straydogstrut

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk