Fighting Nigerian Email Scams (funny!)

Started by suncrafter, Mon 26/01/2009 09:35:44

Previous topic - Next topic

suncrafter

Have you ever gotten one of those Nigerian scams in your email? You know - where they say you won millions in a lottery (or whatever)?
Well the webmaster on this site http://www.419hell.com/ answers those scam emails and does everything he can think of to mess with the scammer's head and waste their time.

Here is a fake photo ID that one of the scammers sent him...
(I think I could eat a photo with some paper and poop a more convincing ID!)
Proud webmaster of:
"Stickman Murder Mystery Games"
Please visit my Links Page too!

Nacho

Man, they could care a bit more of the quality of the photoshop... I mean Scottish executive English executive... :P
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

ThreeOhFour

When I see "(funny!)" in the title of a thread in the Gen Gen I never expect to laugh.

This time I laughed ;D

Buckethead

This is kinda funny but sad at the same time.

Matti

Oh boy, what a pathetic attempt to make an convincing ID.

MoodyBlues

It could be convincing if it had just a few more pixelated crests.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

monkey0506

I've been listening to the conversations with Charles Soludo. Very convincing scam... ;)

Spoiler
419Hell.com Dude, "...in South Africa...we were trying to make a hybrid duck-pig-cow..." and then, "...there's another Calvin Huckle, an adult entertainer. He juggles ice cream cones with his member."
[close]

Bwahahaha. Not to forget:

Spoiler
HULLO?
[close]

And look at this amazingly real scan of a real bank card:

Funny the way the magnetic strip extends beyond the physical confines of the card...oh well, looks real to me! :=

Buckethead

I took the time to listen a few of his phone calls with the girl that fell in love with him.

It's kinda funny it sort of goes like this:

Candy calls.
His "dad" picks up.
It takes a while before he comes one.
He tells about his fetish for farm animals
He asks her to make a cow sound.
Then a goat sounds
Which she then actually makes.

Also one one where his dad doesn't want to hang up the phone but listing instead. He punches him in the eye lol. While this Candy person is still waiting on the phone.

His "dad" also asks where she is calling from.
When she says Nigeria. He says:

"hey that's kinda far away"

That girl must of spend 100s of dollars calling him. lol

Goldmund

I don't really think that saying "I don't normally sleep with stinking Nigerian whores" is particularly amusing.

zabnat

I listened the warning calls to victims on this one bait, where baiter got the scammer to believe that he is another scammer and is sending good cheques to people. I actually thought that nobody could be so stupid to fall in to these scams, as they are so obvious. Well, some people that he warned about were like "can't believe I was going for that". But I kind of understand them, they had some financial troubles and then they just wanted to believe in those. But these some people seemed to be chronic victims for these scams and the guy said there has been cases where victim has lost all of their money, house etc. What's wrong with these people? How can they fall for these scams so many times?

InCreator

On this particular site, it's not so interesting, but following links took me there...

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

Now this is hardcore!
http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

Take a look at first few and you'll get what I mean. Baiter's comments here and there make it even funnier.

Despite being funny, it's quite sad and irritating stuff overall, I'd say.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 26/01/2009 21:03:19
I don't really think that saying "I don't normally sleep with stinking Nigerian whores" is particularly amusing.

I agree, this is not funny at all. In fact, I didn't even bother checking the website out. Calling people names like that, scammers or not, is in poor taste.

I did find the fake ID that was posted in this thread hilarious, however.

Buckethead

I agree. He's just insulting those scammers all the time. Which is some times funny. But most of the time just rude. And I don't think it's funny how he tries to waste the scammers money. Sure scams are anoing and not a good thing. But these people are not trying to scam you because their lives are good but they would like to make fast money and get rich. They do it because they are stinking poor and their future looks bad. Plus they don't quickly get punished for it.  Making things hard on them isn't going to help anyone. Sending money isn't either though.

Andail

Flame-baiting - and publishing the results - is such an extremely cheap way of creating "comedy", and seems most of all like an effort to get attention.

"OH YOU WANT ME TO SEND YOU TEH MONNEY?? OK HOLD ON!!"

* fifty emails later *

"OOPS LOL I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!!"

You didn't only waste the scammer's time, you also wasted your own. And the viewers'.   

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I completely agree with everything said on the start page of 419eater, but especially:

For the most part these criminals are not, "poor people trying to scratch a living", but are very prosperous compared to their law-abiding countrymen, and many operate in highly organised, and highly successful criminal gangs. Millions of dollars are stolen on a DAILY basis, with absolutely no thought given to victims, who are losing vast amounts of money, homes, relatives, jobs and worse. Contrary to popular belief, it is not just "greedy & stupid people" that fall for these scams.

I don't see any problem whatever with fucking with these jerks and costing them time and money.  They are trying to rip someone off and deserve not an ounce, not a damn teardrop of my or your or anyone else's sympathy.  Whether or not it's 'entertaining' is immaterial so long as scambaiters continue to wreck the plans of some of these pricks, though I must admit I loved the videos a scammer sent in where he was doing all sorts of crazy stunts to try and get a load of money.

vict0r

No pity. Fuck these idiots trying to make money off of someone elses work. I agree that it's not the funniest stuff ever, but I find everything written on that site in good taste at least.

woot52

suncrafter

Quote from: vict0r on Tue 27/01/2009 15:12:21
No pity. Fuck these idiots trying to make money off of someone elses work. I agree that it's not the funniest stuff ever, but I find everything written on that site in good taste at least.

Here here!
Proud webmaster of:
"Stickman Murder Mystery Games"
Please visit my Links Page too!

LUniqueDan

No..wait... are you telling me that Yolanda are not really in love with  me?  :o

Next time I'll stick with underage austrian teens.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ghost

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Fri 06/02/2009 21:56:46
Next time I'll stick with underage austrian teens.

Strange taste, but I could hook you up with my distant cousin's relative's aunt's sister, who is teh hottest.

Just gimme some money first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk