Tutorial Thread?

Started by Afflict, Sat 18/02/2006 12:55:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Hey, I just had an interesting idea! What id the sprite jam was constructed in a kind of method like the
coding compitition is... think about it. You need to step by step provide detials on how you did your great piece of art,
even with the background blitz.

In any event it would be great cause we will learn from our fellow AGS'rs ? I dont know just an Idea what do you think?

Maybe even just have a Tutorial thread for graphics?

Tuomas

Sounds like a great idea to me, but at the same time sounds like hell of a lot of work to do, and much less entries... so I won't give my opinion here, just some feedback

Totoro

Quote from: Afflict on Sat 18/02/2006 12:55:40
Maybe even just have a Tutorial thread for graphics?
Have you evern seen the thread entitled "Tutorials" in the critic lounge?  :=

Scummbuddy

I actually do like this idea.. I was considering doing a more detailed 'starting ags' tutorial for beginners, which would still be a tutorial, but it always doesn't hurt to have many tutorials for backgrounds, characters and tutorials on ags.

It could be monthly, but then again, I would want many new tutorials as often as we could. Building them up now will help more future joiners to AGS.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Afflict

Hey thats funny I also am trying to document all of my actions and stuff to my game creation as a n00b pack.
Basicly what I want to do is Make a step by step on everything I did for my game and then release it when
I release the game.

I believe that more people will join ags, when they can see results quicker or even the way to do it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk