Indiana Jones

Started by R4L, Sat 10/03/2007 22:32:40

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

I agree. The whole resorting to heros children says to me their plot devices are weak and thats the only way they think they can be salvaged.

Also, 26 years, sure, but uh, I thought the whole point of Indy was for it's early 1940's style. Are they putting Indiana in the 70's now or something? Eek :/ Like the son debate that too sounds like cashing in on crap. But I doubt they will.

Andail

I demand an "Indy in the 70's" photoshop phriday!

Miez

Quote from: Mods on Sun 25/03/2007 19:21:03
Also, 26 years, sure, but uh, I thought the whole point of Indy was for it's early 1940's style.

I thought it was going to be early fifties? Post war?

Afflict

I leave Indy to Spielberg. He has done a great job on the other thus far, I can't wait for the sequel.

And regarding Natalie Portman... Oh yeah, she got the body the looks and the attitude imo.

Steel Drummer

Quote from: Mods on Sun 25/03/2007 19:21:03
I agree. The whole resorting to heros children says to me their plot devices are weak and thats the only way they think they can be salvaged.

Also, 26 years, sure, but uh, I thought the whole point of Indy was for it's early 1940's style. Are they putting Indiana in the 70's now or something? Eek :/ Like the son debate that too sounds like cashing in on crap. But I doubt they will.
Well... Indy did Marion in Raiders (the scene in the ship), that was in 1939, if his son is 20 something in this movie, then it would be late 50s, early 60s. The "Indy's son" thing isn't even a near possibility.

Quote from: Hammerite
Don't spoil it. 
The only reason I wouldn't want Portman to be in it is because she's way too young for Indy. Of course, she could be his daughter, but I think adding anyone else into the Jones family would ruin it. In my opinion, they should just leave the Indy series as it is without making any more films. Lucas is getting stale. He used to be good, before the 90s, but when the prequel trilogy of Star Wars came out he almost ruined the series (okay, Episode 3 was good, but that's about it) and he's probably going to ruin this series too by releasing separate box sets for each film with 10 seconds of extra footage added to the movie, and a rehash of the documentaries that were on the first Indy box set. What's more, the Indy films had a really nostalgic quality to them- this time around, Lucas is probably going to insist on using digital film for Indy 4 (like he did with Star Wars episodes 2 and 3). Or, if he doesn't do that, he'll force them to shoot the entire movie in his surreal blue screen world. Even if he uses regular cameras to shoot it, I doubt that Spielberg, Lucas, or anyone will ever be able to top the original films. 

Quote from: Afflict
And regarding Natalie Portman... Oh yeah, she got the body the looks and the attitude imo.

Well... I've seen teenage girls with better bods.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Hammerite

QuoteWell... I've seen teenage girls with better bods.
I KNOW some teenage girls who look better  :) but y'know, she's still pretty damn hot.  ;)
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Redwall

Is her "hotness" really relevant to whether she'd be good in such a movie?
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Steel Drummer

First rule of Indy films: the girl's gotta be hot. ;)
No seriously, you've got a point. She was a decent actress in George Lucas' other 'masterpiece'. Better to use her than Hayden Christensen (more so, if he's playing Indy's son).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This is all moot anyway because Lucas keeps rejecting Darabont's script as of last month anyway.  And he actually said in an interview the movie would be a 'character study'.  Who wants to see Indy sitting in a chair talking about Marion, Billy, and Elsa while sipping tea with his dad?  Maybe they'll do flashbacks to the tv series just to be extra dumb!

Andail

These parent-child relations are never very realistic anyway. Sean Connery played Indy's father, and he's only some ten years older than Harrison Ford.

Nacho

Quote from: Andail on Tue 27/03/2007 09:13:19
These parent-child relations are never very realistic anyway. Sean Connery played Indy's father, and he's only some ten years older than Harrison Ford.

And now they seem to have the same age... Poor Harrison... That Calista is evil...  :-\
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Hammerite

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Tue 27/03/2007 05:26:28
First rule of Indy films: the girl's gotta be hot. ;)
No seriously, you've got a point. She was a decent actress in George Lucas' other 'masterpiece'. Better to use her than Hayden Christensen (more so, if he's playing Indy's son).

what about the girl in the second one, she was both annoying and nothing particularly special.
looks and personality were both awful.
i'd rather have had a relationship with the short kid.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

m0ds

A good family guy quote springs to mind; Lady only in movie cos she humping director... ;)

Steel Drummer

Regarding the character study thing: the third Indy film was sort of a character study; maybe this one is going to be too.

Redwall

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 27/03/2007 08:45:28And he actually said in an interview the movie would be a 'character study'. Who wants to see Indy sitting in a chair talking about Marion, Billy, and Elsa while sipping tea with his dad?

I'm actually agreeing with the Drummer here. How does "character study" = "Indy sitting in chair sipping in tea"? I realize Indy isn't exactly high-brow entertainment, but that doesn't mean we should run away at the first mention of characterization.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Steel Drummer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070413/ap_en_ot/people_shia_labeouf

This was just posted on Yahoo within the last few hours.. I wonder if it's true?

Evil

I can only hope LaBeouf's only line is "Hang on, Lady. We going fo a ride!"

Steel Drummer

Major update: Spielberg and crew had a live video shown at ComicCon San Diego, on the set of Indy 4 (well, in the back of the set behind a curtain, so you couldn't really see anything from the set), and the following people are definitely in the movie:

Harrison Ford--- Indiana Jones
Ray Winstone--- Sidekick with an undisclosed name
Shia LaBeouf :P--- another 'sidekick', used for comic relief (apparently)..
Karen Allen--- Marion Ravenwood

John Williams will return to make the soundtrack. The title is still unknown, (Spielberg said: "We're here on the set of Indiana Jones and the *cough cough cough*) but Lucasfilm plans to release a trailer later this year with the title in it.

More details here!

m0ds

As I've said before, with Williams making the music, I don't think this film can go wrong.

Still. Screw THAT Indy 4, and worry about THIS Indy 4;
[some other time ;)]

radiowaves

Wow, that looked pretty good for low budget amateur movie!
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk