Knittens - Brittens in the Netherlands - cancelled.

Started by Wyz, Sat 22/02/2014 00:59:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

May I please ask that we select a date for this quickly? I need to plan this in advance or I won't be able to attend (and I'm afraid weekdays won't be an option for me).

On the Doodle poll, the most popular date is 11th of August, which I presume means either the week from monday 11th to sunday 17th, or the weekend from friday 15th to sunday 17th. Would it be ok to fix this date so that people can base their plans upon that?

Wyz

Maybe I should have been a little more clear about this yes. :)
I was shooting for the first or second week of August because of the poll; the poll has since slightly changed so it could even be a little later.
My idea was to do a week but with the weekend more in the middle so from Friday to Friday is a option for example the first house in the list. That all taken I'd go for August the 1st to the 8th or August the 8st to the 15th or August the 15st to the 22nd or August the 22nd to the 29th.

Which one would work for you?
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

DoorKnobHandle

I'd really like August 15 to 22 personally. What about everybody else?

Radiant

Quote from: Wyz on Tue 17/06/2014 23:51:16
Which one would work for you?
Thanks. In my case, either 1-8 or 15-22, with the understanding that I'd only attend the first three days (1-3 or 15-17 respectively).

AGA

At earliest 15 to 22 would be best, although 22 to 29 would be even better to have a bit more time to recover after Mittens!

Wyz

By majority it looks like we're going for August the 15th till the 22nd!
So it is time for the next phase: Gathering enough people that will come, if so I can book a place! :=
As always: the more the merrier so let's ramp this up! :D

DoorKnobHandle

Wyz

Wyz

Wyz

Everyone start planning their holidays right around now so I don't know for how much longer the place will be vacant.
So, I want to take an option on the house before it's gone but as of now there are not enough people interested. :(

I'm planning on doing so in the weekend so if I don't have enough people by then I'll have to cancel the event. :(

So please let me know if you want to come before Saturday; this is the last chance.

DoorKnobHandle

Yes, PLEASE everybody don't let this opportunity for a great meet-up get cancelled just because you didn't sign up as an interestee. So many people were initially interested! Arjon/Tamara, Miez, Mark etc.! Don't have time this August 15-22?:)

arj0n

I'll recheck when she's back home but i can only attend for 2 or 3 days...

selmiak

damned, as things develop I really don't know if I'll have time then.  :(

Wyz

arj0n

Come on knitteneers to be,
please let us here know if you're still in 😊

the list:

•Ghost
•Radiant (W/E)
•AGA (W/E)
•noavana
•MattFrith
•Minimi
•Dualnames
•Mods

Wyz

arj0n

m0ds

Yes I'm sorry I couldn't commit to this personally right now Wyz, but will definitely consider it for a future date.

Radiant

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 17/06/2014 23:55:56
Thanks. In my case, either 1-8 or 15-22, with the understanding that I'd only attend the first three days (1-3 or 15-17 respectively).
Sorry, I was without internet for a few days. This post was meant to state that I'm still in, but I doubt that my confirmation would have been enough to get this event uncancalled. Well, I'm sad to see this, there are some local AGS'ers that I was looking forward to meet. Should we perhaps reschedule for September?

DoorKnobHandle

It's a shame that not enough people were up for it in the end, especially since so many showed interest initially which got my hopes up. :( I was looking forward to meeting a couple AGSers this year again after last years awesome GerMittens, oh well! Since Mittens will be in the US next time around (at least it should be if I remember correctly), maybe a similar initiative would have more success next year?

Thank you Wyz for putting all the effort into making and updating this thread, organizing the list of interested/confirmed people and finding all those amazing looking places, I know that was a bunch of work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk