Hi! (BruisedWeasel stopping by for a greets)

Started by MagpieBrews, Sat 08/08/2015 19:38:41

Previous topic - Next topic

MagpieBrews

I've been following Mr. Croshaw's ego reviews and was feeling nostalgic. I wanted to stop in and say hi to all the old farts I knew and hi to the newer people I've never met.

I left AGS as I was moving house, going out on my own for the first time, and if anyone remembers, I had crazy horrible depression then. Well, turned out to be bipolar. But I'm on blessed medication that keeps me somewhat stable, so that's good. I don't deal in visual arts much anymore. I'm almost completely dedicated to yarn- knitting and crochet is my life, and I haven't enough people to take my hats and gloves. I have dabbled a bit now and then in pixel art, but nothing worth sharing. I wanted to do a webcomic about being gay and coming out, with a pixelated art style, but i forgot how slow pixel by pixel mouse clicking can be. :P

As for living on my own, I moved out of the apartment I was moving in when I left here, and I'm in my second apartment, smack in the middle of town. I love it here. Since I don't drive (still), I love having access to a grocery and pharmacy, in town events, a somewhat hip cafe, and some very generous and kind neighbors.

Sadly, I've developed arthritis and edema, so even walking is a pain in the leg. I'm amassing a nice collection of canes and walking sticks though, and getting physical therapy to help keep me on my feet and out of a scooter.

Oh... I also STOPPED GAMING! 8-0 Every console, cartridge, and case, Silhouette Mirage being the only one I kept, I have given to my sisters and friends. I mean, I have Minecraft and the Sims 2, but that's about it. At first I felt a little lost without even a handheld to fiddle with. But I get on fine with just my computer and phone, drowning in facebook and a couple forums.

Oh, I'm liking the new bluecup emotes next to the older standards. Finally Roger has an emote to drink from... unless she leaks...

I don't know if I'll be a fixture here. I tried a couple times jumping back into the old IRC chat, but just couldn't get back into chatting or using AGS. Perhaps, hanging around the arty places I can be inspired and stay motivated to keep up on the comic idea I had, though.

*waves* :-*

ManicMatt

Hello! Er.. I don't remember you. Sorry! Maybe it was before I even came along, or maybe it was when I disappeared myself for a while.

I came along shortly after Mr Croshaw buggered off. I do like his zero punct. videos though. (See what I did there?)

magintz

Hey, I remember you. Hello :) Glad to hear your doing well. Nostalgia is a good thing, just don't get stuck there ;)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

RickJ

Magpie,
I remember you.  I was worried when you disappeared from the forum so it's good to hear from you and know you are doing OK. 

MagpieBrews

RickJ and Magintz, I remember you both. *hugs*

ManicMatt, I don't really remember you, so we may have missed each other. I was also not the most active forum member, other than contributing to the little pixel art game thingy- winner picked the next topic... I also didn't create much gamewise besides some experiments playing around with AGS in the old DOS days and trying to get the hang of the windows version.

Andail

Squinky

MagpieBrews

Andail! Squinky! *hugs*

I've been popping in and lurking a little until I can think of something to contribute. So silent... but existing. Like a stealth fart.

Dualnames

Hello, I have stalked you all, but we have never been contemporaries.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk