Mittens 2005

Started by AGA, Fri 04/03/2005 21:36:11

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Blargh.

Mittens 2005. Hopefully in Australia. Presumably North New South Wales/Brisbane area somewhere (Brisbane airport would be nearest). Somewhere in the middle of July. Hopefully for 2 weeks. All very vague at the moment, but details won't get confirmed unless enough people show an interest.

So, who will be probably be able to come?

I will do my damnest to get there, but it won't happen at all unless enough people are gonna go, so...

Las Naranjas

Nothings happened so far since there's been too little interest registered.

If you want it to happen, please say so.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Privateer Puddin'

Yes, depending on dates. I think my exams end 20th June, but i wont be able to confirm that straight away, but mid July should be fine.

Pumaman

I'd love to go and see Australia, and meet you aussies!

Obviously people going from abroad should be aware that a return flight from the UK costs in the region of 600-800 pounds, so it's not something to take lightly.

Anyway, I'd be most interested to see which of you aussies would attend.

Darth Mandarb

I really wanted to go last year ... but time/money didn't permit.

The only thing that would keep me from going this year will be the financing of it.  Because I've always wanted to visit Australia!

If it were later in the year ... like July/August I'd have a better chance (we just spent a fortune on a cruise next month!)

But yes, I'm DEFINITELY interesting in going!  I owe DG a beer :)

AGA

My first post suggests mid-July. It all depends when people are most available to travel, I guess. Flights during some months are substantially cheaper than others too.

quintaros at work

I was wondering when Mittens '05 would be discussed.Ã,  I was very interested in going last year but the funds never materialized.Ã,  This year money should not be as big an issue and I'd enjoy visiting Australia, so colour me interested.

edmundito

Aw man, the chances are that I won't be able to make it to Mittens/Brittens/Amerittens(?) this year. Why? well, you see, I'm graduating from the university and I have to get all this legal paperwork done so that I can stay in the country and it's not recommended that I leave the United States until the next year. I can't even go home...!  :'(
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Ponch

I've only been lurking about these forums regularly for about a year or so, so this question may seem incredibly stupid... But who in the world are the Mittens and how did we end up with an entire crew of them?

If everyone else knows what the Mittens Crew is all about, feel free to lampoon me for being incredibly dense, but surely I'm not the only one who has been wondering this.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,

Ponch

Kinoko

Given that I'm in Brisbane, it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I don't make it into JET and head off to teach in Japan for a year at the end of July. Even then, if the timing's right, I may be able to come back and make it.

auhsor

Well I'd like to make it seeming as though I'm from Australia, but it probably won't happen. I start back at uni mid july and I live kinda like mid south NSW, so its a fair hike to get to brisbane. Still not ruling out the possibility.

Peter Thomas

I'm in Brisbane, and I'm interested, but it depends on a lot of things. Like a lot of people, I couldn't commit until less-vague details were given, but if you're just trying to gauge interest levels, then you can definitely include me.
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Reptile

Whenever Mittens is held anywhere in the UK again then I'll go. I'm not some rich dude with 900 pounds to spend. Unfortunantly.Ã,  >:(
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

Haddas

My interest rate is a gabillion. However I'm not of age, nor do I have the financial support to partake in the misadventures of the mittens crew

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Reptile on Sat 05/03/2005 00:49:31
Whenever Mittens is held anywhere in the UK again then I'll go. I'm not some rich dude with 900 pounds to spend. Unfortunantly.Ã,  >:(

There may be another Brittens type event.

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 05/03/2005 00:09:06
I've only been lurking about these forums regularly for about a year or so, so this question may seem incredibly stupid... But who in the world are the Mittens and how did we end up with an entire crew of them?

Mittens is the yearly meetup of agsers, it's been going since 2002, there have been mittens in london, sweden and new york. Depending on how many you've gone to, you get a different title ;)

[Cameron]

Is there an age restriction?

hedgefield

I'd love to go, but I won't be able to make it for the next few years. Unless it was in Holland ofcourse...

DragonRose

:( The only way I'd be able to afford travel expenses is if I were to dig a hole through the centre of the earth and come out in NSW.

Actually....

* DragonRose gets shovel.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Ubel

It's just too damn unfair I'm not 18.Ã,  >:(

I think I would get the money for the trip also, and I would really REALLY like to meet you agsers, but I'm only 15 so thats it... :'(

Ishmael

How much I'd like it, I probably just couldn't make the trip... I'd get lost somewhere on the way or something...

Quote from: Pablo on Sat 05/03/2005 12:48:13and I would really REALLY like to meet you agsers, but I'm only 15 so thats it... :'(

..there are several Finnish AGS around the forum aswell, so at some point in the future a Finnish AGSer gathering could be a possibility...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk