Mittens 2005

Started by AGA, Fri 04/03/2005 21:36:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamski

Unfortunatly there's no way I'll be able to make an Australia Mittens this year, as much as I'd like to come. The previous three have been highlights of my life, let alone the years they were held!

If there's a Brittens i'll be there for sure this time though.

jetxl

Quote from: Dark Stalkey on Sat 05/03/2005 13:13:16
Unfortunatly there's no way I'll be able to make an Australia Mittens this year, as much as I'd like to come. The previous three have been highlights of my life, let alone the years they were held!

If there's a Brittens i'll be there for sure this time though.
Idem ditto.

Quote from: Alec on Sat 05/03/2005 10:09:27
Is there an age restriction?
18 years. But is up to the person hosting it to make the rules
You have to be responcible and old enough to travel alone.

aussie

As much as I love Australia, I think it's a bit too far away from the world.

Currently in Spain. No chance.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Scummbuddy

It'd be great. if Mittens - The Site were updated, to even include last years, but to all those who don't know much about Mittens, this is a good site to get information about it.

http://screen7.adventuredevelopers.com/mittens/

and if you want to see what idiots do during Mittens, you can go to my site, and see the videos.  I know i've said it before, but now that I have webspace, I can upload that edited Game Theory Discussion that I recorded for an hour. This would be a good time.

you can get the videos and my report on the event here:
http://www.lucasstyle.com/downloads.htm

there are numerous pages of pictures people took with funny captions in last years "mittens -we're back!" thread
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

DragonRose

Quote from: aussie on Sat 05/03/2005 17:39:08
As much as I love Australia, I think it's a bit too far away from the world.

Currently in Spain. No chance.

That's what I call ironic!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Ubel

Quote from: Ishmael on Sat 05/03/2005 13:05:35
..there are several Finnish AGS around the forum aswell, so at some point in the future a Finnish AGSer gathering could be a possibility...

Oh, how great would that be! I've been counting here and have found at least 25 registered Finnish users on the forums, so yes, it would be a good idea to have a gathering in Finland. Mark my words well!Ã,  ;)

Haddas

We're just finishing renovating the house... A large house I might add, with lots and lots of space.

Grundislav

I'm also in the category of "would love to go, but there's no possible way I could go to Australia short of winning the lottery."

auhsor

Hmm... So far there doesn't seem to be much of a Mittens happening yet. Hopefully we can get some more victi... mittens recruits to come to this country. Saying that, I am being a bit hypocritical  :=

[Cameron]

Quote from: jetxl on Sat 05/03/2005 16:32:44
Quote from: Alec on Sat 05/03/2005 10:09:27
Is there an age restriction?
18 years. But is up to the person hosting it to make the rules
You have to be responcible and old enough to travel alone.
I'm from Australia so I'd quiet like to go to mittens in my home country. The suggest place isnt to far away. I'm 16 though. Whoevers hosting mind lowering the age level?

DragonRose

The age has always been 18 in the past because that has been "legal" age in whichever country Mittens was in. At 18 you're considered responsible for your own actions, and therefore the host isn't liable if you break your damnfool neck.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

[Cameron]

16 is the age of consent here though. I cant drink or drive but other than that i an do whatever the hell I like. I could leave home or get a job if i wanted to.

MichaelJackson

Oh yeah, that's right guys. I happen to leave the country, for the first time ever, and you go ahead and organise to have Mittens right then and there, as if I'm meant to take it as just some sort of coincidence. Yeah right.

Seriously, that's kind of a bummer. I'm likely to be in America in July. Oh, wait. No. I get back in the middle of July. I think it should be had in the second half.

Well, I'll be in England in May. Brittens should be on then. Great idea guys.

What about a Mittens in Estonia? I'll be there in April.

Las Naranjas

If you're under 18, whoever is hosting will still be sticked with a Duty of Care Alec, whether they agree to take it on or not.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Andail

Quote from: DragonRose on Sun 06/03/2005 06:49:56
The age has always been 18 in the past because that has been "legal" age in whichever country Mittens was in. At 18 you're considered responsible for your own actions, and therefore the host isn't liable if you break your damnfool neck.

There were some people below 18 in the first mittens. In Sweden these things are of less importance than in for instance the US, because you're less likely to become sued for whichever reason here.

Even though I first planned on going to Australia this summer, I have to declare already that it won't happen. It's simply too expansive.

I have thought of organising a local meeting though. I'll see if there is an interest among nordic ags:ers to meet up in gothenburg again.

Pet Terry

This thread might be going a bit offtopic what with people just saying they hope to go but probably can't. And uh... that's the case with me. I'd love to see Australia but the flights would just be too expensive.

But I'm definately up for attending a smaller meeting somewhere in Europe if you're planning to have one (and if it's some time in the second half of July - August, after 8th of July anyways). So Andail, I'm up for coming to Gothenburg.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Kinoko

I know everyone will hate me for it, but I would personally prefer the 18 age limit be kept for a mittens I'd be attending. It just makes things neat, you're unlikely to get any crap from someone's parents, and drinking wouldn't be an issue.

Still, given that my attendance at this one is up in the air, it's not like anyone should listen to me.

Nine Toes

[Hyde talking to himself]
I would really love to come and see Australia.  I think I could afford it if I started saving NOW...
...but then again I've got lots of bills to pay...
...but it's MITTENS, man!  I wanted to go last year, but I lost my job and couldn't.  Now's my chance!...
...Yeah, but I'm TRYING to be responsible for a change here.  There will always be next year, or the year after...
... or will there?  Stop being a momma's boy, and say, "Yesh, I iz coming"...
... Don't call me a momma's boy!...
... Momma's boy!   :-*...
... I'm going to kick your ass  >:(...
[/Hyde talking to himself]

If I remember correctly, there is a deadline to say whether or not we are coming?
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Blade

No way I could come to Australia, though I'd like too  :-\

I do not know when exactly, but I'm planning on going to work in UK sometime during summer. If there were Brittens at that time I just might hop in. Sweden or Finnland are quite near so maybe I could manage for a meeting there too (but it's highly in question).
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

Layabout

How crazy, 3 agsers from australia, not in australia at the time of the proposed mittens.

I'm in england, aussie is in spain, and toefur is wherever he is, jetsetting about. Crazy stuff.

What australians will attend ausmittens? Or will it just be dg and las drinking VB and trading insults... Which I would love to see.
I am Jean-Pierre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk