Song scout - what the heck are these?

Started by Flippy_D, Tue 04/11/2003 20:48:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Flippy_D

Okay, I'm going to write out two horribly vague descriptions of songs and hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

1) Used in Ford - Destination Football adverts. Well known song, starts with temerous accordian, followed by some very nifty drum and whistle work, then bursts into a lively and oft-sung chorus.

2) I heard a snippet of this, and I'm intruiged. I know it's a fairly popular song, but I couldn't remember anything about it except it's someone who sounds highly like Micheal Caine (read: cockney) talking, punctuated by this chorus, and there as it least this line:
"........wot is known as, *chorus*"
The 'chorus' is two semi-melodic shouts. I can't really elaborate any further. I guess I could match them on cakewalk or something. That goes for both titles.

So if you can, provide titles, if you can't, feel free to mock my general lack of prowess concerning these matters.

Ben

2 could be Parklife by Blur.. just judging by the accent and the one lytric you provided.

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Flippy_D

Heh, nice one Ben. One down.

Looking now Boyd.

Two down. how successful.

Carnival De Paris, by the way. Dario G.

Nacho

I am also looking for a song... It´s been used by Playstation in a TV advertisement... Tons of people start to make a human pyramid to imitate the shape of a famous building in Sao Paulo or some other Brasilian city. Maybe it´s a song used only in Spain, but I suposse not. The song is very silly, sung by a little girl, sounds like very old, maybe sung by Shirley Temple or something. The lyrics repeat something like "Get on board! get on board!"

Someone can help me? Thanks. :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Scummbuddy

I just got Happy Jack from The Who from the Hummer commercial... I should have known it was them.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Minimi

I watched that movie Ice Age, and wanted some song from that movie, and i finally found it! It's Rusted Roots - Take me on my way

its really a nice song!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk