My Plan for Paedophiles

Started by Meowster, Mon 06/08/2007 20:47:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteOf course you do realise that it was his own father who raped and killed his son...

I don't understand that, do you mean Manoulis Douris raped the kid or Maoulis Douris' father raped the kid?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nikolas

Manolis Douris raped and murdered his own child.

Sorry...

LimpingFish

This whole thing was weird from the start. Those of us who have never lost a child can only speculate on the parents frame of mind, either at the moment it happened or over the following months, so I couldn't comment on what they could or couldn't be capable of.

One thing I would make clear, though: I could never feel anything more than a meager level of pity for the McCanns, regardless of any part they may or may not have played in the disapperance of their daughter. You can't keep constant watch over your children 24-7, but you can do everything in your power to ensure their safety.

Kidnap/murder/accidental death aside, the McCanns were lax in protecting their child.

If it turns out that they have covered up their daughters death, the only thing that would surprise me is how they managed to get away with it for so long.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Adamski

I think it's very dangerous for everyone to be playing detective and speculating what actually happened to Madeline, because at the moment all we know are a few scant facts and a lot of heresay. This new magic evidence seems to be far from conclusive, and yet pretty damning at the same time. If it turns out to be baseless then this will be a horrendous cock up in a long line of cock ups. If it turns out that the McCanns accidently killed their daughter, then well... they'll have defrauded a heck of a lot of people. Either outcome will be an unhappy one.

A the moment both the kidnapping and accidental death scenerios seem to have equal numbers of flaws in them, neither make much sense to me any more. I would suggest everyone to keep an open mind until there's more concrete evidence to suggest what actually happened. If the DNA evidence in the car turns out to be Madeline's blood then that'll be pretty difficult to explain away... but if it's anything else that could have been secondarily transferred from the parents it'll be a very weak basis to base any allegations of murder off of.

Andail

Yes, it's rather strange how so many people can be so possitive about a case they have very little insight in.

All I can say is that the police are working pretty logically; it does happen that kids die in their homes by domestic violence or just accident (much more often than by the hand of an unknown perpetrator), shit happens, and as much as it would be horrible for the parents to be wrongfully accused, it's a possibility the police must account for.
It's just that in this particular case, the parents are a couple of doctors, white, loved, normal and popular etc, and therefore people have such difficulties accepting the thought of them being the culprits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk