The influence of Monkey Island ...

Started by Darth Mandarb, Tue 08/07/2003 01:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

I'll be the first to admit that I never played Monkey Island ... but that's not what this post is about.

Check this out.

I have been seeing this woman (Sara) for about 2 months now.  Today, while she was looking at my fish tank, she asked me what the fish were named.  I told her and she commented that they had clever names.  I told her that when I get my next dog, I'm going to name him Diogi and she responded, "I want to name my dog Guybrush ... or Threepwood"

Now, from posting in these forums that name jumped out at me as familiar.
I said, "Is that from a game?"
She replied, "Have you ever played Monkey Island?"
I was cracking up that because, as it turns out, she's a HUGE fan of Monkey Island!

We've been dating for over 2 months and in all that time I never knew she was into Adventure Gaming ... so I'm introducing her to AGS this week.

Now I know this must be love  :o

I know a lot of you in these forums are huge fans of the Monkey Island ... so I just thought you might get a kick outta this little story!

cheers,
dm

m0ds

If her names Yufster, you're dead.

::)

Renal Shutdown

Is she hot?

Sorry, but someone has to ask, and I thought I'd get it out the way quickly.

Hugs
Iqu
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Meowster

ROTFLMFAO! SHE WANTS TO NAME HER DOG GUYBRUSH! SO DID I!!!! You know the way Elaine has a dog... called Guybrush... coz he's silly and helpless!!! Only... technically it was my sisters dog, and she called it.... Yufster :(

I am dead serious.

Darth Mandarb

I think she's hot as hell ... but you be the judge.

We went camping this weekend in Glen Harbor (up by Traverse City (Michigan)).

These pix are from that trip.
This one is at the Northport Lighthouse on a rock in Lake Michigan.
Picture 1
This one is at the top of the #9 lookout and it makes it look like she's pushing me over the edge ... but don't worry, she's not :)
Picture 2

We hiked the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes and she made it the whole way!  Talk about impressing me!  I thought for sure she'd get about 1/2 way and be like, "Let's just turn back" but she did it all!  Then, she tells me she's into Adventure Games???  I swear I was thinking I was being set up ...

cheers,
dm

Meowster

rodekill

SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Ben

You and your damn luck  :P

EDIT: I'd kill you and Rode and marry her.

edmundito

Awesome DarthM...

I found out my friend has played all 4 monkey islands. he also discovered that I go by the alias netmonkey (by randoming searching on google) and that I make games  :P

But no girls who have played monkey island in real life. Some dude's girlfriend was talking about how she loved king's quest and earlier she was talking to some other guy about the longest journey and I thought "PEOPLE PLAY ADVENTURE GAMES?!!" OMG

I better get a monkey island pin or a tshirt or something and wear it around  :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

rodekill

No one seems to notice when I wear my Larry Vales shirt.

Ok, well, they notice, but not in a sexy way.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Rincewind

Hey, congrats, Darth! You are lucky!
I recognize myself a bit, since I've been getting to know this girl from Stockholm, who basically has almost exactly the same interests as I do - She listens to good music, has sensible political views, reads a lot of books, is interested in languages, but the best part came when I got to know that her favourite game was Grim Fandango! My heart fell... ;D Whoop-de-doo.

Ah, enough of my yappin'. Good luck in the future, man.

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

spooky. it made my day when i found out my girlfriend loves monkey island too. she refused to go near my ps2 till she spotted that i had EMI and then we played it together and it was beautiful.

until we got to the bit with the giant robot monkey, which made us both VERY ANGRY

monkey island girls are keepers
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk