MythBusters

Started by Domino, Sat 03/01/2009 23:44:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

I love this show. I have been watching it for years.  I hope it never ends...who is with me here?

Cheers,
Domino

ManicMatt

Dont be silly, this program doesn't exist! it's just a...

(Sorry couldn't resist)  ;D

Stupot

Yeh.  It's the perfect recipe for a TV show. Put a bunch of mates in front of a camera with lots of explosives and give them something to prove (or disprove).  Awesomeness ensues.

DoorKnobHandle

HillBilly

Coming up on Discovery Channel:

MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
AMERICAN HOT ROD
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MYTHBUSTERS
MIAMI INK

Then an all new episode of MYTHBUSTERS!

Stay tuned for our MYTHBUSTERS marathon after we've officially replaced "Discovery" with "MYTHBUSTERS".

Don't think it's gonna end anytime soon!

matt

what?

ManicMatt

Ha, thats just like The Simpsons on Sky one. All 20 episodes that they always play...

Darth Mandarb

I love the show as well ... however, the recent seasons are getting away from "myths" per-say but it's still a great show.

I just love that two uber-geeks were given a show where they don't have to pretend to be ANYthing ... they can just be the glorious geeks they are!! 

I don't really like Grant or Tory (though they are growing on me I guess) because they are geeks, but they try to be cool and just can't pull it off (it feels phony to me) but I LOVE Kari!!  I can watch her all day.

I just watched the episode where they tested Beer Goggles and Adam wiped out on the treadmill ... too freakin' funny.

Trent R

On Christmas I watched the Pirate episode, and learned that eyepatches were for nightvision!

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Nacho

Mmmmmm... Kari... Mmmmmm...

Edit: "Y" from "Kary" to "I" of "Kary".  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SpacePirateCaine

Actually, I've spent the last two weeks watching basically every Mythbusters episode in existence in sort of a Mythbusting Marathon. It's pretty awesome, though I'm kind of on science overload right now. Just finished watching the MacGyver myths episode and though not all of these equate to 'myths', they are testing some pretty relevant movie stunts to see if they actually work (Jumping through vertically stacked awnings a la Indie Jones 'n the Temple of Doom).

Mythbusters is hands-down my favorite non-scripted TV show, and I sure as hell hope that they're still going when Adam's Jamie's age and Jamie's starting to prodigiously use the 'I'm getting too old for this' line.

Fun Fact: When I lived in California, I drove right past M5 frequently on my way to and from San Francisco. Anyone else living in the area, you can see them off the 280 or the 101 over Cesar Chavez/Army Street.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Oliwerko

I used to watch them every single day last year, and stopped only after they started repeating them over and over and until I've seen them 5 times already. For me the best show ever, 'cause there's a bit of real science (I hate brainiac, that's just stupid and not funny either) and then there are the insane people doing it. As Darth said, it's good because they don't have to pretend anything, they just have fun. And besides that, some of them have the same sense of humour like me (esp. Adam, I guess). But I also like the other ones, sometimes when Grant is doing something with Tory it's kind of funny too.

And I don't have any favourite episode, because in every one there's something because of which you would call it your favourite  :D

voh

Still here.

Pumaman

I dunno, I've never really seen the appeal of Mythbusters. They're mostly ok, but the pace of the show is too slow for my modern 30-second attention span. Although it may be a kids show, I still prefer Brainiac :P

LUniqueDan

QuoteThey're mostly ok, but the pace of the show is too slow for my modern 30-second attention span. 

Same here. Their topics are appealling but the whole show is too dilluated to avoid make me zapping. I'm more into '''''Penn and Teller''''' instead - even if I tend to disagree with them when the show became politically-oriented.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Layabout

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 04/01/2009 13:52:56
I dunno, I've never really seen the appeal of Mythbusters. They're mostly ok, but the pace of the show is too slow for my modern 30-second attention span. Although it may be a kids show, I still prefer Brainiac :P

Ahh the endless appeal of see what happens when you put things into microwave ovens. How can one resist?
I am Jean-Pierre.

InCreator

Watchable.

Unfortunately, there's very little of episodes on Youtube and TV is something that.... wastes valuable computer time so I haven't watched really for years. Not even with a TV card.

Oliwerko

Quote from: InCreator on Sun 04/01/2009 14:55:32
TV is something that.... wastes valuable computer time.

True.
That's why I don't watch them anymore.

Nacho

When has the show become politically oriented? And oriented to which side? (Just asking) "Here" the show is not politically oriented yet, but probably someone is watching a season I haven' t seen yet.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I've never really been that interested in Mythbusters either.  I did enjoy the episode where they placed their dummy on a toilet to test the cigarette+methane = explosion myth, and the waterheater rocket was pretty neat.  It's just not a show I'd actively devote time to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk