Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_Pretend

Hey, everybody.  My name's Heromaker, hailing from the humongous state of Texas, Dallas-Fort Worth specifically.  Man, I nearly flipped when I found AGS.  When I was a kid, up until the age of 14, I did almost nothing but play Sierra and Lucasarts Games, and was trying my hardest to make my own.  (Being young and comparatively unintelligent to where I am now, of course, none of them ever worked/got finished. :)  I've always loved these types of adventure games above all other forms of video game, and since I downloaded the program a week ago, I have spent every spare moment not at work, gym, or sleeping, working on art and writing plot.  (Even at work, I end up coming home every night with about 20 or more post-it notes folded up in my pocket with new ideas on them. :)  My other addiction is superheroes, having loved comics my whole life, and that is indeed the thrust of my newly begun game.  (No more crowing, I promise, just want to let you know it's coming. :)  Should be funny, should be cool, and I look forward to the challenge and getting to know you all better.

I'll tell you what, I've gotten five hours sleep since Friday morning because of this thing. :)

Dambuilder

Okay, guess I'll introduce myself too after having lurked for quite a while now.
Name's Dennis, 24 years old and I'm from Germany.
So if my English ever screws up (which is, um, very likelyÃ,  Ã, ::)), well, that's my excuse!Ã,  ;D

Well, I'm a passionate adventure gamer and I found this page already some times ago, visiting it regularly for about 2 years, I think, now. I have started reading the forum only a while ago, though (relatively speaking, anyway).

Oh well, I've been playing adventure-games since I was a small kid (back in the days of Atari XL and co), as a matter of fact, I was kind of learning English with the help of Sierra's adventures.

Finding AGS was like a dream-come true actually, as I always dreamt of creating my own adventure game. I'm currently working on a title, but in a quite startling on- and off-mode, so it's not likely I'll be posting anything in the "Announcement"-forum soon. ^^;;
But, you know, miracles could happen one day!Ã,  ;D

Err, OK, I've written enough rubbish now, I think! ^^;
Just wanted to say 'Hello' to everybody!Ã,  ;D
Everybody else is having one, so why not me?

Jebus

I've been a member for 4 and a bit months but this is the first time I have been since, I am scotish and i was introduced to AGS by mephistophilis but I dont sound as evil as him. I like games that involve music because I am good at that sort of thing. I like loom quite alot.

rika

Hi everyone, mi name's Ricardo and I'm from Portuga. I'm not really found to gameplay but some games catch my attention... My fav type of music's metal.

monkey0506

I've just noticed that I never posted here...I've been around since the thread was young...but I was...well...I was unfaithful to AGS then.  Yes, it's a sad story, but there was a time I doubted AGS.  A time that I looked elsewhere.  Engines like SLUDGE and AGAST still haunt my nightmares.

I'm Michael.  I'm 17.  I'm from Texas (Houston area).  I live a pretty simple life.  AGS, play games, eat, sleep, AGS, ...

Also in the general discussion forum on page 2 or 3 you can also see that I lead several other lives.  But that doesn't matter.

funkgal

Hi my name is funkgal. I am new here. I am flukeblake's sister. I hope we can become friends and  you can teach me heaps about AGS.

Seneschal

Hey there everybody. I was directed her by SpacePirateCaine; I forced him to join DeviantArt and now he's paying me in kind.

I'm totally out of my league here for the most part, I've never made a sprite, and the only actual background I have is in critiquing Caine's posts. But, you're friendly, and I'm an art whore.

I've got no problems with giving advice on anatomy, character design, story/plotting, or coloring. I can even help with most of those, so long as you don't need them to be animated. :)

Colxfile

I've been pestering the good folk on the technical forums a lot over the last month or so, so I may as well introduce myself...

Hello, I'm Colin. I hail from the dark side of Colwyn Bay in the UK. I play Scrabble to an amateurish extent and play Poker to a lesser degree. I also moonlight for 8 months of the year as a crossword compiler / undergraduate maths student at the University of Surrey.
Some people think I've a great sense of humour. The rest tend to deny all knowledge of knowing who I am...
I am responsible for a MAGS game which was impossible to play, let alone complete.Ã,  I'm slowly working my way through another (better? Possibly...) game that should be out before or after the Apocalypse.
When it comes to failure, I am quite successful.
From my ISC finger notes:
"6) People who over-use exclamation marks should be executed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!!!!!!"
"8) I went to the dentist today. My teeth are fine, though my gums will have to come out."
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

RoboPenguin

Heyaloha, all. (no that isn't a real word, so don't bother getting the dictionary)

I used to to come on these forums a hell of a long time ago, I forget what name I usd to use, but it was probably 'slamgrinder' or 'Hi-BriD'. Somthing stupid anyway.
Looking round I think I can see a few people who used to come when I was here, don't know if anyone will remember me though.

Djokitzaaaaa

Let's get ready to rumbbleeeeee!!!

yep
i am djokitzaaaaa....from serbia....and i am teen :)....born in 1974
i am lookin' for somebody with good drawing skills ...to help me in creating adventure game
my very first game could be seen HERE- belusebius arrival.

c'mon artists-calll meeee
and the devil sends a beast with a wrath,coz he knows that a time was short!!!

MaiSacNjo Mouf

Yeah, hi...

I'm Branden aka MaiSacNjo Mouf
Yes that is a reference to t-bagging.. If you don't know what that is, look it up somewhere else, or send me a message.. I will not discuss it on the boards, as I'm sure it would not be appreciated...

I'm in a band, well, my uncle and I make music I should say.. if you care check out www.myspace.com/dunkthemonkeyÃ, 

More importantly, I'm new to AGS.Ã,  So far I love it, and am learning more every day.
My last job I was a FoxPro (Microsoft Visual FoxPro) programmer.Ã,  Ã, If you know what FoxPro is good for you!Ã, 
Not many people seem to have heard of it.. I got into alittle vb.net, and like i said, i'm loving AGS.

One of these days, I'll make a game to share, until then I'll just keep watching the boards and try not to piss people off....

-MaiSacNjo Mouf
--
The views and events expressed in this post are not necessarily the views of yo mama.Ã,  Who's ur daddy?

joeschmo9991

My name is Joe, and I have a serious drinking problem.

*Hello Joe!*

Just kidding...drinking by yourself is not a drinking problem.

I could best be described as one of those people that if you see me across a gymnasium, down a long corridor, or happen to be walking along the road, you'd recognize me instantly. I have a hard time blending in. I don't have many hobbies. I spend most of my time online checking news and car info. I have an affinity for anything that goes from 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Unfortunately, due to my lack of money and a decent paying job, I have to settle with my Dad's piece of crap from 91. Much of my time is occupied by my baby brother, whom I usually have to watch on a moments notice. He's a good kid, but can't stay in one spot. I'm known for my dry-as-a-desert sense of humor. I'm no good at sports, even though my sister is one of the top NCAA runners in the nation. That's pretty much it. Oh yea...I'm 17, 5'10", 170 lbs., brown hair, yada-yada-yada...and I live in Pennsylvania.

That Guy

'allo 'allo 'allo.

My name's Steve, and I ran across AGS while browsing HotU for neat stuff and finding Larry Vales.  So I downloaded it and dug it.

I'm a professional game programmer by trade, but since our designer's the one who gets to pick what games we work on, I make my own as a hobby.  ;D I'm messing with AGS now to see what I can come up with, and also to improve my Photoshop skillz.

I'm making pretty fast progress... AGS is darn easy to use.  Mucho props to Chris for this program.

Anyhoo, once I get something worth showing, I'll post it for y'all to see it.  Got a cyberpunk game, as well as a horror game, kickin' around in the works.

Best,
Steve

cultdog

Hi, i'm Max. came across ags while browsing the net for a way to create my own games. Have been checking out the site for a year now, but have only just decided to join, because i tend not to post unless i really need or want to.
I'm 15 and I live in the Uk.

Am working on a game based on a hobo, but it's slow progress, but watch out.

Laters.

DizzyDancer

Hey, I'm Rachel. =)
I'm 20 and I live in California.
I first checked out the site a couple/few years ago looking for new adventure games to play, and over time I slowly started scanning the forums, mostly just to get help with the games I was playing. I even downloaded the system itself but couldn't figure it out... And I just finally decided to join, so here I am.  ;)
There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

mitchellman

Hey can neone tell me 2 things? what is Chris Jones email so i can email him, and how do u compile ur games into .EXE files so u can distribute them?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: mitchellman on Wed 17/08/2005 00:37:42Hey can neone tell me 2 things? what is Chris Jones email so i can email him, and how do you compile your games into .EXE files so you can distribute them?
Somehow I get the feeling you missed the point of this thread ...

mitchellman

Somehow I get the feeling you missed the point of this thread ...
Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 19/08/2005 00:06:56

Well maybe... If i did then where would I ask that at?

Sorry!!

(Newbie)

IM NOT TEH SPAM

I am the KING NIPPER! ;D
I just joined AGS, planning on making a game to try to learn a few things.  I already started a game revolving around otis the goose, hopefully I'll go somewhere with it and finish it as a short game.  So far just an intro and two-room game, but it's going somewhere.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

bloodmasta0

Bloodmasta0 here, ive made 18 full length games using AGS over the years but I only just decided to get myself active in the forums- i live in the wet glory of Wales and on account of the wet summers and even wetter springs I spend most of my time making games on AGS, I may release my ready made games, but thats a secret that I share with the future ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk