Release Something!

Started by Kinoko, Mon 06/06/2005 03:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

I'm in. I've been busy as hell since I went back to school, but I'm sure I could release a tech demo or something. Maybe something that shows off the arcade driving code or something.

- Ponch

Ishmael

Oh yes, if I get some GUI graphics gone there will be a techy demo of some lame excuse's relative showing up for this.

And Snake, the link in your sig is le b0rked, fix it please :=
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

scotch

I'll show something of my current project, perhaps a tech demo, or some screens, I don't know yet.

Adamski

QuoteOn another note: I'm still waiting on Byzantine, Revenants and Run Hot. I'd love to see some new shit from those games

Byzantine will surface next year.

Snake

Ish: The thread must have floated off the forum... when I get some progress done (according to the forum rules) I'll make a new thread. For now I'll just redo my sig. Thanks for letting me know :)

wOOt for Byzantine!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Snake

Yeah, that's it ;)
I read the promo again and some things have changed a bit since then - I really need to update it. I never noticed all the spelling mistakes and gramatical errors in it before either.
Ah well, for now I'll lock it and update it when I get something worthwhile accomplished. Anyone seen Rincewind around?

--Snake

Squinky

I never realized I had been edited before, heh. (You left my edited quote unedited in one of your following replies...if that makes any sense)

What I love is, like in 2003, you said it would take 3 years....getting pretty close man...

Snake

Haha - VERY close indeed. If it's not released by 2008, I'm giving up all together with everything ;)

--Snake

Nine Toes

Heh.  Maybe you and I can quit together. We'll do a "buddy system" type of thing.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

esper

Hey, I have an idea for "release something" day...

Why don't we put together teams to make production quicker and better? We can have people say "I'll make GUIs for people who are going to release a game on Release Something day," or "I'm taking requests for backgrounds," or "I'll throw out some tunes for anyonew who wants them," all specifically for Release Something day. I know I'm going to try to release a whole game (see my sig) for it, and it would be a great help for me. If we did that, then maybe people who are just going to release screenies or demos or something will have a full game to present at the end of the month...

Just a suggestion ;)

PS I'm not that great at art or music, but I'll proofread (I r gradurated from collidge)and playtest any game, as well as help with anything else anyone might want.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Kinoko

Just a reminder people. Deadline's creeping up!

(Holy shit, I'm behind)

Snake

Deadline? Reminds me of the good-old school days. Kinda forgot.
Shit... guess you won't see anything from me. I did have something in mind though, but screw it - all my games are pipe dreams anyway.

Good Luck to everybody else, btw :D

--edit--
Mr. Hyde! *buddy system engaged*

--Snake

Kinoko

That's a shame, Snake :/ But you know, screw the deadline. Just set your own and use that to motivate yourself.

Okay people, one more week! The 30th is creeping up! I'm devoting almost all my time after work this week to finishing what I can for the demo.

Pet Terry

Oh yeah.

I was supposed to have somethingsomething scripted by the end of this month so I could pass it along to dialog writers and stuff, but then I found myself knee-deep in requests for music. And because I have a job, I can't work on game stuff all day long! And there are some games I'm supposed to play! But I'll try my bestest!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

edmundito

I'll release something! So.. deadline is the 30th or the 31st?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

IM NOT TEH SPAM

the 30th-- rules and such are stickied in the top of the competitions and activities.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Barbarian

I have an old project I had started on, that's been lying around for a while on my hard-drive collecting dust, that I've decided to dust-off and am now working on it a bit and will try to submit for this "Release Something" thingy.  I think the setting of my little game might fit in nicely with the whole Halloween timing too (though I don't celebrate Halloween either  :P ).
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Squinky

I was planning on releasing something too, and am so close, just need some more inspiration and time....

Ubel

Planning is a funny word. Yes we are planning on releasing something with Mozesh. I just have to stop being lazy so that we can get it done for the deadline. :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk