A new retro album of mine :)

Started by Oliwerko, Sat 05/05/2012 22:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Hello again.

I have recently released a new Italodisco album, which is now ready for you to enjoy. It's filled with authentic music of the late 80s and early 90s. It's not only a "kind of oldies music", but a truly authentic recreation of the music of this period.

It's completely thought through - I used authentic synthesizers of the period, as well as contemporary techniques and procedures. I even laboriously added needle drops/lifts and vinyl crackles so the sound is totally authentic.

You can find more information about the album, listen to the tracks online, or download the whole album including a nice booklet on my blog here:

http://olivermeres.hobbyart.sk/hudba/1990-2012-en/

(the rest of the blog is in Slovak, don't be scared. The album page is in English for you to enjoy)

I hope you enjoy the retro feeling, and will be happy for any feedback :)

(I'm not posting this to critics lounge because I want to share rather than get feedback primarily, but don't be afraid to give me a push if needed :) )

Anian

I think maybe the song with the vocoder could be improved as in the words made more distinguishable, the effect might be just a tad too strong.

The rest - really everything from Miami vice (they're showing reruns on saturday mornings here, so it's pretty fresh in my memory) to Bladerunneriss/Vangelis songs and even a new film that imitates that like Drive. Really interesting and if the atmosphere was the goal, I think you nailed it, you could really make this a soundtrack to a late 80ies movies.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Oliwerko

Thanks for listening and feedback Anian!

Yeah, the vocoder track is more than a year old, and generally the vocals were recorded in very poor conditions. It was more an experiment than anything else.

I am really flattered to hear that it reminds you of Miami Vice and 80s as such, because that was really what it should sound like. It took lots of work, but now I see it was worth it :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk