The 2004 FOREGO Awards - Nominations end March 31st!

Started by Dart, Thu 17/03/2005 00:57:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Dart

The 2004 FOREGO Awards
[/b][/size]

After an initial delay, welcome to this year's FOREGO Awards, brought to you by Dart (me), Al_Ninio (nominations), Darth Mandarb (website work) and Farlander (future graphics)!

What are the FOREGOs?

The FOREGOs are like the AGS Awards, except instead of nominating games for certain categories, we nominate AGS members. They are a way of recognizing and congratulating those in our community who break the mold.

What are the categories?

The complete list of the 2004 FOREGOs Categories can be found here.

How can we nominate?

To nominate, copy the code found here and give me (Dart) a PM with your nominations. You can only nominate up to three AGS members in each category. And remember, you do not have to fill out every category, but it's recommended. :)

When does nomination end? And when does voting begin?

Nomination for the FOREGOs will end in about two weeks time from now on March 31st. At this time, the nominations will be tabulated for each category and the five most prominent candidates in each category will move onto the voting stage. When voting begins is yet to be determined.

The Official 2004 Website: http://www.twin-design.com/ags/foregos/
If you need any clarification about the awards, feel free to give me a PM or reply to this thread.

Happy nominating! :D

Ishmael

Hmmm... nice :)

Just one thing... Why is it "2004 - 2004 FOREGO Awards"? Does it mean that we pick the nominations through the events of the whole last year and the first two months of this year? Personaly I'd stick to only 2004, so next year the FOREGOs could be held for a whole year again...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SSH

Maybe this thread's top post and the website should both have a link to Send Dart a PM maybe?

Dart

It seems that most voters up til now have missed the part about being able to nominate up to three people for each category.

Just a heads up, keep 'em coming, guys! :D Eh eh eh moose beaver maple syrup maple flag aboot igloo, eh? Is THAT enough for you, SSH? :P

SSH

Darty, your accent seems more Middle-Eastern than Canadian  ;)

Indie Boy

I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Al_Ninio

What do you mean 'not working'?
It's working fine...
Just send Dart your nominations. :P

Ishmael

I also wonder if it should be somewhere clearly mentioned that these awards only concern the year 2004 actually? So people won't fly off nominating tech helpers who have popped up this year?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Andail

Good work, Dart.
I hope people will vote a lot on me.
Or just vote, actually.
On me.

sedriss

By the time you read this you've already read it.

Renal Shutdown

"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

LGM

I adore how I don't fit into any of those categories. Guess there should be a "Most Worthless Member" category. I'd be all over that.
You. Me. Denny's.

Andail

Oh come on, LGM, there are plenty of members here more worthless than you! Cheer up, dude!

Dart

Just to warn everyone that you have less than 5 days in order to get your FOREGO nominations in.

So, if you're going to send in the nominations (which you will), send them in ASAP.

Right-o, thanks for listening, and have an awesome Easter. :D

magintz unplugged

LGM

Quote from: Andail on Sun 27/03/2005 10:51:40
Oh come on, LGM, there are plenty of members here more worthless than you! Cheer up, dude!

Aww, thanks Andail. That makes me feel better. :-D
You. Me. Denny's.

Andail

So, Darty, when do you reckon we'll see the nominees?

Haddas

She said "in a few days" a few days ago. Darty, come on!

Al_Ninio

Just wait a bit, lads.
We have some stuff to consider, mainly categories that are hard to select qualifiers for, due to everyone nominating different stuff. :P
That's what you get for not nominating, people!  :=

But really, we will announce them soon.

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/KnightStar05/po-ta-toes.gif << It's the potatoes, go on watch it you know you wanna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk