This pisses me off

Started by PsychicHeart, Wed 09/08/2006 09:51:18

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Quote from: Flukeblake on Wed 09/08/2006 09:51:18Needless to say, I abruptly told her that i was not, in fact, gothic, and that she was a stereotyping bitch.

So...you're just you're run-of-the-mill sociopath then. Okay. ;)

LGM

This is how the conversation would go with me:

Me: So, what kind of music do you like?>
Fluke: Um, Metallica, Megadeth, Slipknot, basically any kind of metal or rock.
Me: Oh, so you like shit, then?
You. Me. Denny's.

MarkPhantom

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Wed 09/08/2006 16:34:29
Quote from: Flukeblake on Wed 09/08/2006 09:51:18Needless to say, I abruptly told her that i was not, in fact, gothic, and that she was a stereotyping bitch.

So...you're just you're run-of-the-mill sociopath then. Okay. ;)

Lol.

Me: So, what kind of music do you like?
Fluke: I ate her liver with fava beans and a nice chianti. Fffffff.

'Hallow's End: Everyone goes there eventually'  http://www.freewebs.com/codpiecestudios

Helm

QuoteSomeone who dresses like a "goth". (Although this in itself is a rather contradictive statement, as a goth in the seventies/eighties was someone who refused to dress up like the majority, however the goth look is now commonplace thus losing it's meaning of independence.)

what are you talking about? A goth in the seventies? Gothic music is a variation of post-punk and dark-wave, which occur in and around 1980, starting with Bauhaus,Joy Division and The Sisters of Mercy. Being a goth is quite more specific than just being counter-majority in terms of fashion. The death rockers have their silly style, the german romanticists have their silly style, the ebm people their own, and so on.
WINTERKILL

Rincewind

What Helm said.
Besides, everybody knows being goth really has to do with sunglasses, suave tuxedos and fluffy mohawks.
http://www.ondarock.it/photo/bauhaus.gif

Helm

sweaters, man. Sweaters.
WINTERKILL

Nacho

Quote from: [lgm] on Wed 09/08/2006 16:39:16

Who are you, The God of the fashion stuff, who says if something is shit or not?  ;D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Nacho

Quote from: [lgm] on Wed 09/08/2006 16:39:16

Edit: Sorry, my opinion was deleted somehow when I clicked on "post"...

And I typed: "Are you the God of Fashion, who decides when something is shit or not?"Ã,  ;D

ManicMatt

Quote from: Helm on Wed 09/08/2006 19:35:00
what are you talking about? A goth in the seventies?

Yep, Bauhaus did first release a single in 1979, as did the Cure, and anyway are you telling me the whole early nineties grebo band thing started exactly in 1990?

Sheesh.. the only reason i said seventies was 'cos I knew I'd get some smartarse telling me it's not JUST the eighties, but it seems I can't win can I!

Helm

No gothicesque fashion occured until the 80s. The gothic thing is an 80s thing, what can I tell you, man!
WINTERKILL

m0ds

Forget sterotyping bitches - LGM, you're a motherfucker!!!

:P

Fluke - can only hope you didn't just jump into calling her a floyd SB, because she may just be a little misguided and know little about what metalheads are actually like. But yeah, I suppose you had some right to be annoyed!

deadsuperhero

Thing is, you can't judge people. Everybody's different.
I've met preps that are the sweetest people. I've also met goths that are the nicest people on the face of the earth.
That said, there's a lot of mean people around too, but if you're nice to them, chances are they won't judge you.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

The Inquisitive Stranger

You're wrong. All nice people are just pretending to be nice.
Actually, I HAVE worked on a couple of finished games. They just weren't made in AGS.

Erenan

You're wrong. There are definitely genuinely nice people on this planet.
The Bunker

Alynn

All of you quit being emo!

LimpingFish

Being a Goth would take too much effort.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Erenan

We're talking about Visigoths, right?
The Bunker

Gregjazz

Now this pisses me off to insane extent. If someone were to tell you that they enjoyed listening to RnB, you wouldn't instantly assume that they carry a large boombox, breakdance and wear parachute pants.
Needless to say, I abruptly told her that i was not, in fact, gothic, and that she was a stereotyping bitch.
Anyone got any comments?
Cheers,
Fluke.

RnB = Rhythm & Blues

A lot of times this term is used to describe a more contemporary form of music, much to my disgust. I've heard the term applied to what sounded like Hiphop/Rap. :P

Nacho

The Beatles consideres theirselves as a group of Rythm & Blues, actually...

Renal Shutdown

I consider Rhythm and Blues to be R&B.
I consider the newer, soft hip-hop type of thing to be R'n'B.

I also consider R'n'B to be sh*t, but that's besides the point.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk