Monkey Island blasphemy?

Started by Chicky, Mon 20/02/2006 21:08:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

"As you pour the grog on the alarm you giggle to yourself in glee..'Too easy,' you say, when suddenly a twenty foot tall Yard Gnome with Hepatitis steps on you and shouts 'THIS IS NOT A GROG ESTABLISHMENT.'  The End."

Mr Flibble

You see boxed Monkey Island. The shop owner looks at you.
>Get Monkey Island

Obvious exits are NORTH and DENNIS. The shopkeeper stops you, and throws you into a deep dark room. You are eaten by a grue.

Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Tuomas

The woman next to you wants a drink before she can help you. However, you are underaged... You spot a hobo in the corner... you give him ten pieces of eight and he goes and buys 2 drinks, one for him and one for you. You give the drink to the woman, but she claims she's not drunk enough yet. You don't have any more money, so you go to your moped, get some glue from the glovebox and pull of some buttons from your leather jacket.
Ã,  Ã,  Then using the glue on the buttons you get them all sticky. You take your knife that you have with you for detaching the game box, and use it to scratch some copper from the doorhandle and then the sink in the bathroom. You use thesticky buttons with the copperdust and voila, you have things that looks like crappy pieces of eight. Then you repeat the procedure with the hobo.
Ã,  Ã,  The woman is now drunk and she agrees to help you. there's some of that drink left in the glass, and you decide to take it with you just to save some money, and in these situations everything comes always handy. So the woman approaches the barkeeper and starts to seduce him, and you take your chance on the kitchen. You [puzzle]Insert something cunning and original here[/puzzle].
Ã,  Ã,  Then when the barkeeper is awawy you start detaching the box with your knife. It seems to be glued stuck, and knifing it would only make the back cover tear and that'd make it less worthy. You need some alcohol, but the keep is away... Suddenly you realize that you have the drink the woman left in your pocket in a glass, so you use it on the box, but you don't wish to wet the box completely. You use the knife with the alcohol and *insert a word here* it under with the knife. Trés bien, the box is loose and you get out of the bar.
Ã,  Ã, Open box -> "the box seems to be empty"

Mr Jake

does this happen to be a Bristol pub?

Tom S. Fox

Don't ask him!
If he says no, you can't steal it anymore, because you'd be the suspect.
Just distract him with the old three-headed monkey trick.

ManicMatt

If he's played the game he'll know about the three headed monkey trick!

-

You are in a pub. The year is 2006. There is a copy of monkey island here.
*switch to the shotgun* *Kill bartender* *walk over game to collect it*

ahh puzzles are so much easier in postal 2/ halo 2 / generic FPS!

Mr Flibble

If the owner postoons his shop with the game, then it obviously means something to him
Sure, you could take it.

The very fact that he hung it up shows that he appreciates it (although the fact that its glued to Rollercoaster Tycoon suggests he is somewhat flippant) and it could well be one of his treasured possessions.

But sure, you could take it.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Chicky

Quote from: Hotspot on Tue 21/02/2006 20:27:13
does this happen to be a Bristol pub?

No jake, try 20 miles north.

Squinky

You guys have no morals, maybe Rharpe was right....

Grapefruitologist

This would make a great adventure game...
(\ _ /)
(o.o )
(>< )
This is Bunny
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIO2qpSsUTA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-p7xaeYes

iamus

I've still got original boxed copies of MI1 for the ST (I remember we upgraded the ST to 1meg because we absolutely had to play it) and MI2 for the mac, both with the code wheels too. MI2's in better condition, though MI1's not what I'd call shabby.

Only problem with MI1 is that we had to get the disks replaced because of a pretty notorious bug (heap full game over, or something) that crashed the game at certain points, so instead of the MI logo printed direct on the disk I have horrible white labels with printed words.

Of course, to get them replaced we first had to use the manatee with the toaster and then give the crispy manatee skin to the shady backstreet figureskater, but that's another story...

Kinoko

I don't think it'd be all that worth having.

You can probably find another one somewhere later in life.

The guy does indeed sound like he appreciates it.

If it's been sitting in a pub for awhile, it'll probably not be all that nice to have anyway.

Mr Jake

Scummbuddy

I didn't read that this box is being hung up on the wall in the form of an art gallery exhibit. i read it as "its under a bunch of other boxes in a 'random crap on the wall' type of places." I didn't read it as the owner respected the game and is glad to have it in his collection.

I am all for you asking around to see if you can somehow have it.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk