Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 17/06/2013 14:20:51
Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Mon 17/06/2013 03:15:48
I can see that there 3 4x4 grids of game covers and 3 4x4 grids of buttons below. But I'm not seeing what to do with that.

Side note: my goodness you've played a lot of adventure games. Some of those even I haven't played.

I haven't played all the games on the wall of fame, though I have played quite a few.  I tried to get as broad a selection of adventure games as I could.  And they are the clue....
Spoiler
Somewhere else in the game there are games on display - with numbers!
[close]

Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 18/06/2013 18:23:45
Manor..
Spoiler
strange, I read the newspaper several at the beginning of game and I guess I had to do other things in game before. Ok, I'm the manor, found half of amulet, three hotspots here (on clock and coat of arm and grandfather clock hallwa).
Attic room, found hidden place I put half of amulet, hotspots (door which can't be closes and on roof hole).

Other than other half of amulet, is there other thing I need doing here? If not then it back to office in which my next question isd on where to find clue toward safe
[close]
Black Dog Manor:
Spoiler
You need the other half of the dog amulet to open the box in the attic cupboard.  What you find in the box could help you open the safe.
[close]

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 19:46:24
Spoiler
[close]
Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW
Do you remember..
Spoiler
seeing some Big Game Entertainment?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 20:26:56

Do you remember..
Spoiler
[close]

Yes, I loaded a saved game and found the numbered games. I will see if I can figure out how to use that for the code...thank you

Hmmmm...still having trouble:
Spoiler
I assume that I'm to look at the 3 middle grids and they relate to the 3 grids on the bottom. What I did was click the corresponding position in the sequence matching the numbered games from the "other" place in the game to the position in the grids on the top. My problem is that there were only 4 games listed and it seems to want me to click 5 buttons. I'm also not sure that my approach is correct because there are 5 panels and I was ignoring the outer panels because the 4 games are all contained in the centre 3
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 21:29:51
Hmmmm...still having trouble:
Spoiler
I assume that I'm to look at the 3 middle grids and they relate to the 3 grids on the bottom. What I did was click the corresponding position in the sequence matching the numbered games from the "other" place in the game to the position in the grids on the top. My problem is that there were only 4 games listed and it seems to want me to click 5 buttons. I'm also not sure that my approach is correct because there are 5 panels and I was ignoring the outer panels because the 4 games are all contained in the centre 3
[close]

SHADOW
You are correct that you use only the three middle grids.
Spoiler
You need to identify 5 games.  Where you saw the first four - 1 to 4, left to right - keep moving right and you will find a clue to number 5.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 22:59:39

You are correct that you use only the three middle grids.
Spoiler
You need to identify 5 games.  Where you saw the first four - 1 to 4, left to right - keep moving right and you will find a clue to number 5.
[close]

Aha...got it. Thank you!

SHADOW

Uziel

Stuck again!

Control room:
Spoiler
I've destroyed all the totems, but the second I free the scientists, Kode comes in and kills me. Alternatively if I destroy the control centre, the same occurs. Is there a way to prevent Kode from entering, so I can free the scientists, then use the codes to save them, destroy the centre, and hightail my butt out of there?
[close]

Also... assuming a glitch. If I talk to the computer, the game seems to lock up after the second piece of dialogue from the computer. (I'm on v1.4)

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 20:26:56
Quote from: splat44 on Tue 18/06/2013 18:23:45
Manor..
Spoiler
strange, I read the newspaper several at the beginning of game and I guess I had to do other things in game before. Ok, I'm the manor, found half of amulet, three hotspots here (on clock and coat of arm and grandfather clock hallwa).
Attic room, found hidden place I put half of amulet, hotspots (door which can't be closes and on roof hole).

Other than other half of amulet, is there other thing I need doing here? If not then it back to office in which my next question isd on where to find clue toward safe
[close]
Black Dog Manor:
Spoiler
You need the other half of the dog amulet to open the box in the attic cupboard.  What you find in the box could help you open the safe.
[close]

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 19:46:24
Spoiler
[close]
Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW
Do you remember..
Spoiler
[close]

Manor...
Spoiler
where can I find this other half of dog amulet? There also an extra hotspot inside drawer (office) which I can't access yet. Other than hole from attic, I thought I came across another hotspot in attic but I can't seem locating for some reason. If there a way using hole (roof) will be great
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 19/06/2013 12:48:08

Manor...
Spoiler
where can I find this other half of dog amulet? There also an extra hotspot inside drawer (office) which I can't access yet. Other than hole from attic, I thought I came across another hotspot in attic but I can't seem locating for some reason. If there a way using hole (roof) will be great
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
I'm not sure which half you have. One half is in the drawer in the office (click the button then you can pull the drawer out further and the other half is being held by the corpse
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 19/06/2013 12:15:03
Control room:
Spoiler
I've destroyed all the totems, but the second I free the scientists, Kode comes in and kills me. Alternatively if I destroy the control centre, the same occurs. Is there a way to prevent Kode from entering, so I can free the scientists, then use the codes to save them, destroy the centre, and hightail my butt out of there?
[close]
It's all a matter of timing at the end.
Spoiler
Kode goes away for a fixed amount of time, so it is up to you to get done as much as you can in the time.  I reckon few (if any) players will be able to get an "Excellent" rating on their first try, as it takes a while to figure out some of the puzzles, but once you know what to do it should be possible to do them much quicker.  It is possible to do everything with time to spare.
[close]
Quote from: Uziel on Wed 19/06/2013 12:15:03
Also... assuming a glitch. If I talk to the computer, the game seems to lock up after the second piece of dialogue from the computer. (I'm on v1.4)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by talking to the computer.  Where exactly does this lock-up happen?  I'll try to see if I can sort it out.

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]
In the attic..
Spoiler
The hole in the roof will come in handy a little later!
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 19/06/2013 16:10:53
Gosh! You do need to be quick! I managed to solve all the puzzles... except probably the easiest one knowing me...
Spoiler
I can't work out how to escape. You can't access your inventory once you set the detonation, and the only thing I can simply access at this point is the locked door...
[close]

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 19/06/2013 16:10:53I'm not quite sure what you mean by talking to the computer.  Where exactly does this lock-up happen?  I'll try to see if I can sort it out.

I clearly wasn't paying close attention the first time, it's not the computer, it's Kode. Once he leaves, there's a hotspot still active in the control room where he was standing, that when clicked will lock up the game everytime.

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 10:53:59
Gosh! You do need to be quick! I managed to solve all the puzzles... except probably the easiest one knowing me...
Spoiler
I can't work out how to escape. You can't access your inventory once you set the detonation, and the only thing I can simply access at this point is the locked door...
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The locked door will soon be unlocked - the trick is not to be seen!
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
When Annie hears Kode approaching, she hides behind the door so that he can't see her when he enters.   When he goes into the control room to look for her, she can escape.
[close]
Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 10:53:59
I clearly wasn't paying close attention the first time, it's not the computer, it's Kode. Once he leaves, there's a hotspot still active in the control room where he was standing, that when clicked will lock up the game everytime.
Thank you for pointing that out.  All the times I tested that section and did not notice that!

BUG ALERT
In the final section of the game there is a hotspot where you talk to Chancellor Kode in the Control room, which is still visible as a Talk-to hotspot when you later re-enter the room.  DO NOT CLICK ON IT THE SECOND TIME!  It starts to replay the conversation (even though Kode is absent) and then locks up.  I will put this right in the next upgrade but in the meantime please avoid it.

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 20/06/2013 11:24:51
Spoiler
When Annie hears Kode approaching, she hides behind the door so that he can't see her when he enters.   When he goes into the control room to look for her, she can escape.
[close]

Geez... I can't seem to do this. Kode is only in the room for 1 sec. I can stand extremely close to the door, and still not seem to "escape" the room. He turns before I get out, everytime I've left the screen (seemingly through the door) and he spots me and stops me. Is there an arrow that should appear here or just click the cursor on the door? Because of the end dialogue over and over... it's sending me batty. ;)

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 11:56:10
Geez... I can't seem to do this. Kode is only in the room for 1 sec. I can stand extremely close to the door, and still not seem to "escape" the room. He turns before I get out, everytime I've left the screen (seemingly through the door) and he spots me and stops me. Is there an arrow that should appear here or just click the cursor on the door? Because of the end dialogue over and over... it's sending me batty. ;)

I should perhaps have mentioned that there is an arrow, as there is for every room exit.  It should be just to the right of the door near the bottom, where you would stand if you were leaving the room.

splat44

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 19/06/2013 15:02:41

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
I'm not sure which half you have. One half is in the drawer in the office (click the button then you can pull the drawer out further and the other half is being held by the corpse
[close]

SHADOW

Manor...
Spoiler
I finally solved amulet including sliding puzzle, what's pattern I need consider with those numbered buttons?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 19:56:45

Manor...
Spoiler
I finally solved amulet including sliding puzzle, what's pattern I need consider with those numbered buttons?
[close]

Spoiler
time of death...
[close]

SHADOW

splat44

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 20/06/2013 20:02:15
Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 19:56:45

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
time of death...
[close]

SHADOW

Thanks SHADOW!

Parrot area...
Spoiler
I know I need hand or to use some on locket inside cage but I have a feeling it has something to do with a cloth (from spell book) used in fantisia but since I already solved that area, I might have forgotten something, if not, then where can I find what I need?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 21:45:28
Parrot area...
Spoiler
I know I need hand or to use some on locket inside cage but I have a feeling it has something to do with a cloth (from spell book) used in fantisia but since I already solved that area, I might have forgotten something, if not, then where can I find what I need?
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
Because the parrot is so bad tempered you can't get the mirror from his cage, so you need to find something else to use.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 20/06/2013 23:24:13
Parrot area...
Spoiler
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
Because the parrot is so bad tempered you can't get the mirror from his cage, so you need to find something else to use.
[close]

parrot ...
Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Uziel

Elen - thanks for that last hint. Finished the game, and what a fabulous game it was! Sincere thanks for all your hard work!

Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Splat - there are two things you need to pacify our feathered friend.
The first:
Spoiler
can be purchased from the Pirate shop
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Fri 21/06/2013 11:09:49
Splat - there are two things you need to pacify our feathered friend.
The first:
Spoiler
can be purchased from the Pirate shop
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

There is also something nearer to hand that you can use as a temporary fix..
Spoiler
There is a highly polished locket on the table in the ship's cabin that can be used as a mirror for the parrot, but it is not necessary to use it to complete the game.  The reason I put it in was to help alert players to the idea of hanging something else in the cage, which you need to do later on, as Uziel says.  If you do hang the locket in the cage you can replace it when you have the correct object.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk