Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Fri 21/06/2013 11:09:49
Elen - thanks for that last hint. Finished the game, and what a fabulous game it was! Sincere thanks for all your hard work!

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 21:45:28
Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Splat - there are two things you need to pacify our feathered friend.
The first:
Spoiler
can be purchased from the Pirate shop
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

Thanks shadow and elengirl, here what I did with parrot:

Spoiler
Gave seed and hung mirror as elentgirl pointed out, but if I need captain bones then where can it? (this is what I don't understand)
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 15:52:37
Spoiler
Gave seed and hung mirror as elentgirl pointed out, but if I need captain bones then where can it? (this is what I don't understand)
[close]

If you have been to Buccaneer's creek..
Spoiler
you must have gone there to buy the seed.  While you were there, did you not talk to the pirate guarding the ship?  He will tell you what you need to find and who to get it from.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 21/06/2013 17:58:35
Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 15:52:37
Spoiler
[close]

If you have been to Buccaneer's creek..
Spoiler
you must have gone there to buy the seed.  While you were there, did you not talk to the pirate guarding the ship?  He will tell you what you need to find and who to get it from.
[close]

buccaneer's creek...
Spoiler
yes, I did all this and I know I need getting captain token. I also see a pirate in bar and cannot interact with yet! Anything else?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 18:23:50
buccaneer's creek...
Spoiler
yes, I did all this and I know I need getting captain token. I also see a pirate in bar and cannot interact with yet! Anything else?
[close]
Buccaneer's Creek:
Spoiler
There should be a few more pirates to interact with in the back room of the inn!
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Fri 21/06/2013 11:09:49
Elen - thanks for that last hint. Finished the game, and what a fabulous game it was! Sincere thanks for all your hard work!

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 21:45:28
Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Splat - there are two things you need to pacify our feathered friend.
The first:
Spoiler
can be purchased from the Pirate shop
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

Thanks elenygirl for pointing out inn back room, I would have never figure out!

Revealing Captain bones ...
Spoiler
how can I reveal the captain? I even spoke with captain hook and regardless which of the three captains I'm speaking to, not sure how to proceed from here.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 22/06/2013 18:46:26
Spoiler
how can I reveal the captain? I even spoke with captain hook and regardless which of the three captains I'm speaking to, not sure how to proceed from here.
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The curtain is important
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
You need to open the curtain, which means finding two things to do it with - a hook and a "pole"
[close]

Ndougou

I have no idea how to get through the mysterium part of this great game.
I already got 7 globes but am clueless at this Part.
Spoiler
Tried to enter the geometric symbols in both showcases - the ones from the frame of the painting and from page 8 in the book but nothing happens. And I also didn' see a railing or find a hidden entrance in the mysterium itself or in the corresponding room in the tower building...
[close]
Please, if anyone could walk me through what should be done here i would be happy...

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 20:09:30
I already got 7 globes but am clueless at this Part.
Spoiler
Tried to enter the geometric symbols in both showcases - the ones from the frame of the painting and from page 8 in the book but nothing happens. And I also didn' see a railing or find a hidden entrance in the mysterium itself or in the corresponding room in the tower building...
[close]
Please, if anyone could walk me through what should be done here i would be happy...

spoiler ...
Spoiler
Did you look at line 3 on 8 page?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 20:09:30
Spoiler
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
The symbols on line 3 of page 8 of the book in the Mysterium library should be set on the lectern in the library.  You then touch the picture and a secret door opens to the rest of that section, where you will find a railing and a number of other things.  The symbols on the bottom of the picture are important later on
[close]

Ndougou

@splat44 and especially elentgirl:

:-[ I don't know how I missed that. Seems like I wrote a wrong symbol-combination on my piece oif paper. Thanks for helping me back on the right path again. :) ;-D

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 22:19:39
@splat44 and especially elentgirl:

:-[ I don't know how I missed that. Seems like I wrote a wrong symbol-combination on my piece oif paper. Thanks for helping me back on the right path again. :) ;-D

No problems Ndougou, glad to have helped!

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 22/06/2013 23:29:39
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 22/06/2013 18:46:26
Spoiler
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The curtain is important
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
You need to open the curtain, which means finding two things to do it with - a hook and a "pole"
[close]

Revealing captain bone...
Spoiler
So I need those things in opening curtains? I still in getting hook (seems I need putting something on table, not sure what) Is pole is wand and if not then where is it?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 24/06/2013 06:16:28
Spoiler
So I need those things in opening curtains? I still in getting hook (seems I need putting something on table, not sure what) Is pole is wand and if not then where is it?
[close]
Opening the curtain...
Spoiler
The barmaid might be able to help you with the hook, and you have to buy the 'pole'.
[close]

Ndougou

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks again.
And for your problem, in case elentgirls hint didn't already help you:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
Well, Captain Hook seems to be hungry - and remember that he is not a fan of peter pan and therefore hates everything that flies...
[close]
Spoiler
regarding the needed "Pole", maybe you should pay the pirate shop a visit...
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Mon 24/06/2013 22:58:46

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks again.
And for your problem, in case elentgirls hint didn't already help you:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
Well, Captain Hook seems to be hungry - and remember that he is not a fan of peter pan and therefore hates everything that flies...
[close]
Spoiler
regarding the needed "Pole", maybe you should pay the pirate shop a visit...
[close]

I know, I already solved this. Thanks for your input!

I'm stuck with web address input.
Spoiler
Several comments seems saying address is in three location in near game beginning? Where exactly are they?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 25/06/2013 00:38:07
Spoiler
Several comments seems saying address is in three location in near game beginning? Where exactly are they?
[close]
Web address..
Spoiler
There are three rather obvious objects near the start of the game, which you have passed many times.  Have another look at one of them.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 25/06/2013 14:04:03
Quote from: splat44 on Tue 25/06/2013 00:38:07
Spoiler
[close]
Web address..
Spoiler
There are three rather obvious objects near the start of the game, which you have passed many times.  Have another look at one of them.
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
The only possible web address I've found has something to do with "Lost horizon tours" even if I type address as seen there, it always wrong and unsure about extension! Anything else?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 26/06/2013 16:24:44
Web address..
Spoiler
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
The only possible web address I've found has something to do with "Lost horizon tours" even if I type address as seen there, it always wrong and unsure about extension! Anything else?
[close]
Spoiler
The three objects I referred to earlier stand beside the three main paths of the island.  Annie has walked past them many times.
[close]

inkman

Bug Puzzel and a question.

game version 1.4
3 bugs or a bug family?
Hint: globals I think.

in the room with the lemmings. The hotspot will remain after, the bridge has been blown up. Click on it again, and Annie will do a little dance and the game will freeze.

In the mysterium. The book and picture puzzel will not work, if you go and get the orb, from the room second to the last on the left side of the tower, and come back to it.

In the pirateshop. I would like to buy the seeds, I have the coins, but the hotspot on the clark has gone, and all I did was talk to him.

Question: I the maze: I have found 2 x hourglass. See a number in a crystalball. What am I missing?

By the way, nice game

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 26/06/2013 22:17:53
Quote from: splat44 on Wed 26/06/2013 16:24:44
Web address..
Spoiler
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
The three objects I referred to earlier stand beside the three main paths of the island.  Annie has walked past them many times.
[close]

Ha, I got it!
Games wall button...
Spoiler
I tried mimicking same clicks when that guy is opening panel but between second and third click, I have problems in figuring position! So what's the pattern to use here?
[close]

Edited

games wall buttons - solved ...
Spoiler
The clue is found in amusement park. However, I was force to start to new game to actually see it. Once we reach the game buttons area, it's not possible going back where we were before. If there no such way in traveling back elentgirl, it might help to enable this in the future so new game wouldn't be started!
[close]

Quote from: inkman on Thu 27/06/2013 13:16:04
Bug Puzzel and a question.

game version 1.4
3 bugs or a bug family?
Hint: globals I think.

in the room with the lemmings. The hotspot will remain after, the bridge has been blown up. Click on it again, and Annie will do a little dance and the game will freeze.

In the mysterium. The book and picture puzzel will not work, if you go and get the orb, from the room second to the last on the left side of the tower, and come back to it.

In the pirateshop. I would like to buy the seeds, I have the coins, but the hotspot on the clark has gone, and all I did was talk to him.

Question: I the maze: I have found 2 x hourglass. See a number in a crystalball. What am I missing?

By the way, nice game

Pirate shop...
Spoiler
did you tried putting coin on counter?
[close]

Maze - hours glass...
Spoiler
It's a matter of speed. What I did? Starting from starting point, I traveled to see the shortest route in getting to other hours glass! Since I knew the shortest way, I clicked on first hour glass and go the same way as I found and click on button on other one. Be sure to be quick though!
[close]

Andy

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 27/06/2013 17:51:37
Games wall button...
Spoiler
I tried mimicking same clicks when that guy is opening panel but between second and third click, I have problems in figuring position! So what's the pattern to use here?
[close]

Games wall button...

Spoiler
Games, games....there maybe somewhere you have seen some of these games before in this game?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk