Blackwell legacy crash

Started by StillInThe90s, Thu 26/07/2012 01:43:21

Previous topic - Next topic

StillInThe90s

Ok, I'm not quite sure where to post this, but maybe snarky can move it if needed.

The Blackwell Legacy crashed while running a dialog with Adrian (at the student apartments), and showed this message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000094 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0044495F ; program pointer is +1004, ACI version 3.21.1115, gtags (1,4)
AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.
in "GlobalScript.asc", line 320
Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

I know it says to post in the technical forum, but I can't fix problems in a compiled game can I?
Anyway, the game seems to run fine after that.
Are the wadjet people interested in this dmp file?

Also, but slightly off topic: The help function in the game still says that the notepad and the combining clues -function are not yet available, even though they are. A small bug but still a bug right?

I bought my version yesterday (25 july) in the Blackwell bundle on gog.com, so it ought to be up to date.

Cheers.

EDIT: Found this after I posted: LINK
Sorry about that.
Still, it does not really explain the problem and why it has not been solved after 6 months.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Maybe you should go to the wadjeteye forums and address your issues directly to the developer.

StillInThe90s

I will do that.
Didn't realize they had forums.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk