Ben Jordan: Case 7

Started by Mike S., Wed 13/08/2008 22:49:57

Previous topic - Next topic

olafmoriarty

Quote from: Iv4n on Sun 24/08/2008 12:20:13
I'm stuck.

Spoiler
I've entered Bianchi's apartment once. Now all the items I've got are the keys, the glove, the costume and the note with faint image on it. Unfortunately I'm unable to enter the apartment for a second time. There's no option for taking Alice with me either. I've talked to everyone. What to do? Where can I find more evidences for breaking into the apartment?
[close]

Spoiler
In Bianchi's office, use your notebook on Bianchi's notebook. You get a symbol.
[close]

If you want hints on what to do with it, read on:
Spoiler
Show the symbol to Percy.
[close]

After that,
Spoiler
You need to talk to people about the Knights of St. Anthony, specifically, you HAVE to talk with Father McNamara about them.
[close]

On another note: I asked a few pages ago, but nobody has answered me yet, so I ask again...

About the cardinal sins you're able to confess to in the confession stand, can anyone tell me how to unlock pride?

Nostradamus

Quote from: Mr. Mozzarella on Sat 23/08/2008 19:25:09
Quote from: Nostradamus on Sat 23/08/2008 19:06:59
OK I entered Bianchi's house but seems like there's nothing I can do here. What's my next move?

Please give a full direct answer, not hints

If you entered the house with Alice ...

Spoiler

talk to her and make a plan.

Put on the plumber suit.

Knock.

[close]

If you already have the keys ...

Spoiler

enter the bedroom, look at the object on the dresser.

[close]

I did all that and am stuck now. Can't do anything else. What do I do next?

olafmoriarty

Spoiler
On the item standing on the dresser, press the following buttons: The Fountain of Youth. The Ark of the Covenant. The galleon. The island in the middle of the Atlantic. No specific order.
[close]

markbilly

I am stuck - with many others it seems - with getting into the apartment for a second time. I can't find evidence although I have followed the hints here.

Spoiler
I have copied the symbol, identified it using Percy, asked the Father about it, asked the Cardinal about it, and researched it. Also, finding the notepad proves the note was written as a cover up. Surely this is enough. What am I missing??
[close]

Thanks.

Nevermind, I sorted it. You need to make sure you talk to Percy as well as show him to symbol.

Nostradamus

Quote from: olafmoriarty on Tue 26/08/2008 21:35:32
Spoiler
On the item standing on the dresser, press the following buttons: The Fountain of Youth. The Ark of the Covenant. The galleon. The island in the middle of the Atlantic. No specific order.
[close]

Olafmoriaty, I can't because

Spoiler
on the first time when I'm with Alice after I get the keys Bianchi closes the door on her  I can only look at the item but not use it. And then I can't get back to bianchi's home because Alice won't come back with me and I have to explore some more before breaking & entering to Bianchi's house. But I have no idea what I have left to explore
[close]

olafmoriarty

I see. Wasn't quite sure where you were in the game, sorry.

Spoiler
In Bianchi's office, there's a notebook with a strange symbol drawn on it. If you haven't already done so, go back there and use your own notebook on it to copy the symbol.

Go to Percy and show him the symbol. Talk to Percy about the Knights of St. Anthony. Go to Father McNamara and talk to him about the Knights of St. Anthony. If you go back to Simon now, you have an argument for breaking and entering that works a little bit better than "Bianchi eats babies".
[close]

Nostradamus

More help please:
Spoiler
I can't take the amulet with my bare hands. Already talked with Bianchi about everything. What do I do now?[\hide]
[close]

Lufia

Quote from: Nostradamus on Tue 02/09/2008 19:43:40
More help please:
Spoiler
I can't take the amulet with my bare hands. Already talked with Bianchi about everything. What do I do now?
[close]

Spoiler
Use the glove that you can find in the plumber outfit (with the hand icon in the inventory screen).
[close]

mustangsally

Spoiler
I got past the guard and I found the secret door and everything but now I'm trapped.  How do I get out?
[close]

Thanks

mustangsally

I got it and i'm done.  Good game.

TwinMoon

Quote from: olafmoriarty on Sun 24/08/2008 12:51:10About the cardinal sins you're able to confess to in the confession stand, can anyone tell me how to unlock pride?

I was wondering about that too.

I've managed to get all the points, "unlock" lust, it's just that small pride thing. It's so annoying!

Anyone?

Grundislav

Spoiler
Look at yourself 3 times or more.
[close]

TwinMoon

Ah... thanks!
I suspected it had something to do with that, must've clicked one time too few ;)

passer-by

Spoiler
I 'm in the secret room in Bianchi's office and I don't know what to do
[close]

Help?

robvalue

If I remember right:

Hint
Spoiler

Have a good look to see if anything is out of place
[close]

Solution
Spoiler

Examine the plaque under the missing relic (I think this was the top right one)
[close]

passer-by

Thanks!

Now I'll spend my time wondering
Spoiler
what Percy is really after.
[close]

Sugar 'n' Spice

I am not able to solve the puzzle  :'( ... i know which buttons to press its made pretty clear in this thread BUT i cant make out which button represents what!!! I must be dumb  :-[

passer-by

Quote from: Sugar 'n' Spice on Sat 20/09/2008 18:22:41

I am not able to solve the puzzle  :'( ... i know which buttons to press its made pretty clear in this thread BUT i cant make out which button represents what!!! I must be dumb  :-[

Hold your mouse over each button, I think it shows the description

olafmoriarty

No, just like anywhere else in the game,

Spoiler
use the "look" pointer to look at the button, and you get a description of it.
[close]

firefly

I finished the game but this is really messing me up:

Spoiler
How do I see what is behind the suicide note? I read here that this happened at the prison, but could someone be more clear?
[close]

It's driving me insane, lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk