Conspiracy of Songo

Started by , Wed 10/09/2003 06:58:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

I am playing Conspiracy of Songo and I can't get very far. I am usually good at games using my common sense, but obviously I am missing something here or there is no use of common sense.

I am the girlfriend trying to get over the stupid cliff. I have the rock, the flag pole, the rope, a drunken man, and I have made the useless hole in the cliff. I have mixed objects on each other to try to use together. I have used every object on every other object on the screen. I have spoke to the man and tried to give him every object (Too bad I couldn't through the rock at his head). I am stumped as to what the HECK I am supposed to do. Logic would tell me the rock, rope, and pole somehow work together. I know what I would do with them in this situation, but obviously that doesn't work in the game. So please somebody, help me.

Thanx. Amy

Timosity

Try giving the rope to the man a few times.

Amy

Okay, that was VERY helpful. Who knew you had to keep trying?

So now I am stuck again. (This time I kept trying!)

I have the pole, rock, rope, matches, newspaper, and bottle. I know I need to use the "employee" phone, possible get into the office through the bathroom, and get to the lawyer's room in the hotel. I have been unsuccessful at all three. Do you have anymore advice?
Thanx again!

Timosity

you can access something through the crack in the door in the bathroom,

have you been behind the hotel, somehow you have to wake up the lawyer, and you already have what you need.

minataure

Can someone tell me how to find the 2nd guard and how to cpmplete the form I got to get rid of the employee?

GloomyCat

can anyone tell me how to get the matches??

minataure

The matches are on the bar in Jeff's bar. Just pick them up!

Amy

How do you get the form filled out? I have seen the guard at post and I have binoculars....I don't know where a pen is! If you can help, thankyou.

fidodido

Amy, just view the form close-up, and click on the empty line! (It's useless to make a pen inventory item, cause everybody's got pens).

Amy

You don't know how stupid you just made me feel.... :)

fidodido

I'm very sorry, Amy.

By the way, I think you are requesting hints too much times (it's the third time, and you're not even in the midway point). Personally, I think an adventure game is a lot more satisfying if you finish it ALL BY YOURSELF. Ask for a hint only if you think you tried EVERYTHING, and only if you think that if you don't take a hint now, you're abandoning the game.

But that's me...  ;)

Rachel

I need help, but I swear I have tried everything so hopefully I won't get any crap from anyone.
I'm going to hide my question so i don't give anything away.
Spoiler
I need a ticket to get to the island. I have one bottle, do I need another one?
[close]

And just to let you know, I have spent at least 2 days and 4-5 hours clicking on everything trying to figure this one out....Hopefully thats enough time spent to ask for a hint.

Crimz

Hey! Nice to see someone online!! :)  I'll help you out.. but you're on the wrong board sorta.

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=8369

Go there. It's the original announcement board with all kinds of hints and clues!

Rachel

I posted a message where you told me to and still haven't got a reply. Also, none of the previous messages helped with my problem. Thanx anyway. I'm still stuck if anyone else wants to help.

Crimz

Rachel, I replied. Just answer as stupidly as you can. Like "3","Washington","12" and "Jeeves"

Amy

Just in response to you.....at this time there are 7 (I repeat 7) seperate Threads going on before mine on the same topics for this particular game in the first 2 pages. I am not the only one who had problems. If I know I am stuck, I am stuck. It isn't any of your business on whether I want a hint or not and whether I use one or not. YOU don't have to give them. People come to this site for help. If you want to put me down, you are really putting everyone down. So please, keep your snide comments to yourself and the next time you want to give a hint....don't.
Quote from: fidodido on Thu 11/09/2003 14:16:46
I'm very sorry, Amy.

By the way, I think you are requesting hints too much times (it's the third time, and you're not even in the midway point). Personally, I think an adventure game is a lot more satisfying if you finish it ALL BY YOURSELF. Ask for a hint only if you think you tried EVERYTHING, and only if you think that if you don't take a hint now, you're abandoning the game.

But that's me...  ;)

ratracer

Amy,
you got fido wrong : he wasn't putting you down, he was giving his opinion on how to enjoy a game...

fidodido

Amy, you really got me wrong - I didn't mean to offend you at all. I was just saying that IN GENERAL, a game is more fun if you solve it without help. I didn't even thought about attacking you when I wrote that. It was all in a good spirit - I even added the blinking smiley in the end.

I think that because a message is only text, you can decide whether to think that the writer is angry or happy. You chose the angry, and therfore thought I'm trying to put you down. Try reading my previous message again, and this time in a good mood.  :) :) :)

Totoro

Waaah I still don't know how to wake this Mr Zippo up... I read through all those 'implied" hints in those threads, but I jsut don't get it, total blackout on my side  :( Help me...

Kediri

Have you tried calling up to him?
Spoiler
14th room on the right, the window's open
[close]
If he doesn't reply - you need to have another way of waking him up. So have you looked at the garbage bin? Can't do an awful lot with it by itself. Can you use anything in your inventory?
Spoiler
did you pick up the matches in Jeff's bar?
Spoiler

What can you do to combine the 2 to encourage him to get up?!
Kediri  ;D
[close]
[close]

Kediri

I know that this shouldn't really be posted here but; Regarding Amy's misinterpretation of text writing - as a newcomer to the site, I read up all the texts before posting a help. Fidodido's comments never struck me as offensive - and the number of times that I posted only to work it out myself :-[ (I just thought "WOW"  :o the creator's speaking to me!!)
I've been on other forums where the hints are so oblique that they're almost no help at all.
If you follow a walkthrough to the completion of the game - where was the fun in doing it for yourself! ;D
No offense! Kediri!

Peachy

PLease give me the answers to the questions so I can get a job. I"ve tried them all.

Kediri

Have you met the drunk guy? Is he intelligent? Would he be able to answer the questions or not?
Spoiler
answer them all wrongly
[close]
:D Kediri

shannon

how do you get the employee firing form or whatever? im stuck :(

Gilbert

Spoiler
Go to teh toilet behind the canteen. you should be able to half-open the door on the left, look in and open the top drawer and look.
[close]

ladyjenkx

OK I've put the firing notice in the employee's mailbox but he says he'll check his mail at end of the day.  But what do I do in the meantime?

I've already revisited the other locations and nothing new has come up.

Gilbert

Spoiler
When you talked with the employee earlier, what DID he said he's interested in ?
[close]

Spoiler
He's probably interested in listening to a rock concert.
[close]

Spoiler
Show him the concert coupon you found from the hotel (on the left of the door to the lawyer's room), he'll check the mailbox.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk