Journey to Hell

Started by Shadow1000, Wed 01/08/2012 15:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

vjeepusofthenile

Tabata,
Spoiler
I'm not even sure what river I could explore. There's the one visible from the manure pile, but that's out of reach. There's the black water by the convent. There's the dry stream bed on the way to the magic peak.
[close]
I don't understand what the game wants me to do.

Tabata

@ vjeepusofthenile

Spoiler
Yes, the black water is it - you should go there and explore the near surroundings - I suppose you don't have the item to transport it yet - but you will find/create something that can be used for to do this...
[close]

vjeepusofthenile

Finally made it through the garden puzzle - definitely the one that made the least sense to me this game. Am now struggling through some Egypt glitches:
Spoiler
It's tricky deploying the snake in the right way, otherwise he gets stuck and you can't get to him again. And once the snake has successfully killed the scorpion, it's possible he gets stuck, and then you can't walk through that room with the pictures anymore without the game crashing. I don't know if that's going to affect my attempts to translate the hieroglyphics. I've also noticed the game crashes if you try to earthquake in chapel of the convent (though why you'd want to do that, I don't know)
[close]

Tabata

Your problems in Egypt should be something for Romeo to look after. It would be nice, if you can sent him a pm to explain the problems you found in detail and if possible, the error message that appeared. Thank you.

about the hieroglyphs
Spoiler
If you took the items from the statues and can't enter the room again later for to look at the hieroglyphs, we can work around this problem, because I can do a snapshot to be able to study it. That will do to go on without entering the room again.
[close]

Edit:
for those who can't enter the room with the statues and hieroglyphs again
Spoiler
If you took the items from the statues, you can still make the game by watching at this picture when you are in need of.
[close]

vjeepusofthenile

Anyone else having trouble with the hieroglyphs?
I may be overthinking this, but so far I've determined
Spoiler
multiple letters assigned to the crane symbol (S and P) and the symbol with the sideways "9" (A and E). Also, I thought hieroglyphs were read from the opposite direction the animals are facing, and on the vase they face right so would go right to left, but the Adventurer says they read left to right. Whatever the message is, it seems to be broken down into 8 letters.
[close]

Tabata

Quote from: vjeepusofthenile on Mon 06/08/2012 05:09:38
Anyone else having trouble with the hieroglyphs?
Spoiler
... the Adventurer says they read left to right. Whatever the message is, it seems to be broken down into 8 letters.
[close]

good start!

several hints about deciphering the hieroglyphs
(still hints, without the solution - just to be able to go on with the puzzle)
please decide on your own, whenever you'd like to read the next one

first:
Spoiler
..In order to translate the hieroglyphics you need to have an egyptian vase.
[close]

second:
Spoiler
the translation of the vase will help you to decipher the hieroglyphs
[close]

third:
Spoiler
The traveller in Venice can help to translate the vase
[close]

fourth:
Spoiler
now that you know the writing on the vase, you can change the hieroglyphes with the English letters ... and will get a name of an other goddes.
[close]

axxesfun

FYI:
Spoiler
The german edition of wikipedia offers a !full list of egyptian gods!, including their assigned hieroglyphes
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_%C3%A4gyptischer_G%C3%B6tter - unfortunately there is none matching the given code.
[close]

Romeo

axxesfun:
good job, but I changed the hieroglyphes code just to avoid the player to discover the name by searching the web. Anyway,
Spoiler
the name of the goddess needed to enter the cave is in the wikipedia's list you've found. Just follow Tabata's instructions.
BRomeo.
[close]

Shadow1000

Stuck again.

I'm trying to do the
Spoiler
stone disc puzzle
[close]

I figure that the answer is the
Spoiler
star map I made from the telescope
[close]
but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to align the notches on each one.

Any hints, please?

SHADOW

vjeepusofthenile

Shadow,

first
Spoiler
play with the wheel to see what you can and cannot move, and see how you can move the things.
[close]

second
Spoiler
look at the things that cannot move, that are "locked" in place, and look where their notches are.
[close]

vjeepusofthenile

Ok I am in the bowels of a strange place, and I'm looking for a hint.

Spoiler
With the king worm, I can manipulate the smoke to make more smoke, but what sort of gift is he looking for?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: vjeepusofthenile on Tue 07/08/2012 03:18:37
Shadow,

first
Spoiler
play with the wheel to see what you can and cannot move, and see how you can move the things.
[close]

second
Spoiler
look at the things that cannot move, that are "locked" in place, and look where their notches are.
[close]

I was trying to rotate them to get some symmetry and then the door opened unexpectedly, so I must have done something right!

Thanks, I think...lol

SHADOW

Tabata

@ shadow
Spoiler
... Yes, you are right about the pic you made to use it for the solution - but since you already made it, you don't need my pic with the solution ;) - congratz
[close]

@ vjeepusofthenile
Spoiler
... the gift is something to search for after you managed to escape the underground â€" for to handle this, you need to manipulate the steam(-pressure) - and one of your powers is needed, too
[close]

Shadow1000

I'm having trouble not only with the multiple assignments but there's a letter in there that doesn't exist on the vase!

SHADOW

Tabata

Sorry, I can't look into it atm (I'm on the mobile), but ...
Spoiler
... all the letters needed for the translation are on the vase.
If you are missing just one letter you might simply try one of the remaining, unused English letters (with a similar symbol)?
[close]

axxesfun

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 07/08/2012 03:50:51
I'm having trouble not only with the multiple assignments but there's a letter in there that doesn't exist on the vase!

SHADOW

@Shadow:
All you said is true. Just check out the wikipedia link that I posted a few messages before and be a bit more creative with the characters you have identified so far. For me it worked out and the first name I took from the list was the correct one
Spoiler
to open the cave entrance.
[close]

vjeepusofthenile

Just a general tip for folks when stumped: don't ignore the beggar.

Of course, he can't help you with everything. Anyone have a hint for reaching the owl or the bird or another winged creature?

Tabata

@ vjeepusofthenile
good catch on the beggar :wink:

I am not really sure at what point you are ...
Spoiler
... are you searching the ingredience  for your first creature or the second? 

# If you have been able to get the red berries from the tree, then you should have what it needs for the first creature.

# If you already made the first one, then you are looking for a winged creature without feathers ...
   ... and you will have a big fight with it â€" to meet it  you will need to use first creature.

# If you are looking for an other reason I'll need more information to give a hint.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: axxesfun on Tue 07/08/2012 11:14:16

All you said is true. Just check out the wikipedia link that I posted a few messages before and be a bit more creative with the characters you have identified so far. For me it worked out and the first name I took from the list was the correct one
Spoiler
to open the cave entrance.
[close]

Actually, that's what I did first but didn't see any change so I went back to try to decipher again. I tried another time and it was successful. Maybe it's case sensitive OR maybe I typed something wrong because the font in the entry box is very unclear (at least on my screen).

Anyway, I succeeded this time. Thank you

SHADOW

vjeepusofthenile

Tabata,

My winged situation:
Spoiler
I have the golden wand, sword and horse, but think I need the fire power to fight the dragon. I don't know where the berries are or how to get them. I think they have something to do with the owl, but even on horseback I can't reach it.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk