Purgatorio

Started by TassieDevil, Wed 27/06/2007 00:35:06

Previous topic - Next topic

TassieDevil

Has anyone solved the 12 masks riddle? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Thanks.

Johanas

I'm not having much luck with people deciphering that riddle.

Have you tried examining each verse for clues and talking to the girl in the bar for more info?
If so and your still stuck give me a shout at Johanas.Faust@gmail.com and I'll give you the code.

I have a strange feeling I'm going to have to put the code up on the forums though because of
the sheer amount of people getting stuck on that bit.

Ah well.

Shellz

You need to examine the verses and the keys with the magnify icon.

Johanas, nice game though it was pretty short.

Johanas

Thanks, I wasn't sure wether to strick it in short or medium length games, but I havn't seen anyone complete it in less than half an hour so I went with medium.

mr.me

Could you post the code? Emailing seems unnecessary, and cumbersome.

ManicMatt

God forbid you have to send an email! What with having to go down to the post office and buying a stamp, and licking it, applying it to an envelope, and writing out a letter. And then it takes a day or two to get to it's destination!

Nikolas

You know what Matt? Your avatar simply makes ALL your posts worthwhile!

TassieDevil

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 27/06/2007 21:27:43
God forbid you have to send an email! What with having to go down to the post office and buying a stamp, and licking it, applying it to an envelope, and writing out a letter. And then it takes a day or two to get to it's destination!
Sarcastic hey? Don't like the tone.

Maybe some people do not like to get non-work related mail at work? I certainly don't.
Yes I have talked to that girl and still stuck with that riddle. Nice game, too bad I will delete it on Friday if I cant get further :(

mr.me

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 27/06/2007 21:27:43

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing. This is the "Hints and Tips" board, not the "Email Somebody for Hints" board. People don't look here or post here just to get "email me and I'll tell you".

Shellz

Tassie and Mr Me

Spoiler
If you click on the pad keys with the look icon you will be given information that relates directly to some of the language/clues in each verse, which will help you figure out a verse. The 2nd through 6th verses each point you to a number. If you use your look icon on the these 5 verses you will get a lot of help, especially with the first two. In fact, you will essentially be told one number with one verse. Remember to use your look icon on every key and on verses 2-6.
[close]

Shellz

Just played it again so I want to add

Spoiler
You should play again and save when you put the verses up next to the keypad. You want to do this because you can click a verse more than once to get more information, but after a bit when you click it again you will only get the last things said and you may want to hear the earlier things again. After replaying, clicking the verses tell you an awful lot, especially when you know information about keys on the key pad.
[close]

peter

Where did you get or see that verses ?
I can get only in de bar and talk with the bar woman.
I did see a keypad ?

Shellz

Verses

Spoiler
You need to give her something and she will give you them. Have you been to the cells? If not go through the alley next to the hair salon. If that's not open you need to go back to where the game began and read the poster on the wall next to the door.
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

This whole situation is very silly. People have had enough hints and deserve to know the code. What are you talking about, "e-mail"?

CODE:
Spoiler
[close]
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Sciere

It's unfortunate how easily agitated one can get. The game has been out for one day, and some people apparently want all the cards on the table right away. There have been some very supportive hints and *eventually* the code would be posted. I hadn't thought about examining the keys themselves, and I'll try to solve it now. I'm very impressed with the game so far.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, it's also unfortunate how easily some people can forget that others don't like this sort of puzzle, and it's a matter of opinion whether the game is being fun enough to actually make people want to solve them.

If the puzzle is a hindrance for anyone (it was for me), then people *should* come here and ask. And did you notice no one actually gave any hint, apart from re-directing people to the in-game help? Granted, it's useful, but then what's the point of a hints and tips board? Not one single gentle nudge.

I got angry with all this, so as soon as I figured the code I posted it so no one else would be infuriated either. End of story.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

TassieDevil

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Thu 28/06/2007 20:59:07
This whole situation is very silly. People have had enough hints and deserve to know the code. What are you talking about, "e-mail"?

CODE:
Spoiler
[close]
Thank you. I tried to work it out, but with even now knowing the code I didn't understand the riddle; maybe because English is my second language. Great game and strange ending - going to  give a good vote now!

mr.me

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Thu 28/06/2007 20:59:07

CODE:
Spoiler
[close]

Thank you. Working through it knowing the code it makes sense. I was completely off though, and never would have figured it out.
Spoiler
Some codes I came up with were: 15*49 and 15*#6. I wasn't even close.
[close]

Johanas

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll keep it in mind for future games. Also a friend asked me what the hell the records in the box said. I know it should be in the game but if you want you can get the records here (500kb).

sholson

Thank-you for the game.  Am so stuck in his bedroom looking for journal.  Need some help here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk