Trilby's Notes - help thread

Started by Sam., Mon 26/06/2006 11:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BunnyMilk

Quote from: Smigler on Wed 05/07/2006 00:30:11
!!!Sorry i dont know how to hide messages!!!

Iv made it to the part where Tribly has a vision of when ppls bought a hazicord (piano)...
I dont know what to do about the demond playing the piano later in the evening... ???

I answered this Two posts above...It might be a good idea to read the post before asking a question.

Spoiler
There is a gun on the table upstairs. Shoot the demon with it.
[close]
Love x

Fragbasket

Downloaded and completed in one 2 hour sitting - thanks you lot for the hints, saved me ages wandering around looking for porcelain limbs.

I didn't get either the 7 Days nightmare or the Trilby-as-the-welder nightmare :( Gutted really.

Were they specific to having the date set to 28/07 or were they just random events?

JoJoBoy04

As i know,i suppose it's random,but me,it's happen most of the time when i start a new game,go to toilet,take the pills,and the first place i go is the bar.It's happen often that i do the 7 day nitghtmare there...and the trilby-as-welder,the only time he's appear,for me,is when i go to the lobby,passing in the corridor where it have the bar's door....it's the only time it's appear!(for me,i don't know if it's just luck that appear for me just there)

Merlin

Finished it in a two- (sleepless afterwards) night sitting. Awesome game, best of the trilby series so far despite the annoying parser interface  ;D

Really needed to consult the hints several times though, got stuck desperately a bunch of times.

Please keep em coming yahtzee, we need another one ;)

Spare-Flair

Okay, don't need help but I'm wondering what exactly is the point of the doll (even trilby says it's stupid, a kind of in-joke?) Did it relate to the story in any way or was it just there as a puzzle?

Also -> what the heck is the thing with yellow and black stripes that the tall man is holding in his left hand (while holding the man in the other hand) during the first final cutscene with the ritualists?

HarmonyGrace

Hi all, sorry if i missed this, I have read entire topic.
In walkthrough it says
Spoiler
The fire escape doors on the right are now open.
Walk to the fire escape door and OPEN DOOR.
Walk to the table.
GET CROWBAR.
Walk to the ladder and CLIMB.
Go to the dining room.
Walk to the boarded up door while in the shadow realm.
USE CROWBAR WITH BOARDS.
While in the shadow realm TAKE PILL and then OPEN DOOR.
You re now in the exhibition room.
Walk to the table and TOUCH CHISEL.
[close]
How do I get back into the shadow realm?

jetxl

Enter and exit rooms untill you are in the bloody version (shadow realm) of the hotel.

BunnyMilk

Love x

Fragbasket

Quote from: Spare-Flair on Fri 07/07/2006 09:52:20
what the heck is the thing with yellow and black stripes that the tall man is holding in his left hand (while holding the man in the other hand) during the first final cutscene with the ritualists?

I think it's Trilby's waistcoat - it's missing from the stump room at the end, and he asks Siobhan where it is. Cabadath says at the end that they have the blood of the guide.

The fact that Siobhan doesn't answer Trilby when he asks for his waistcoat is a little suspicious...anyone think she might be in on it too? That would explain why she didn't get killed like everyone else - they only left Trilby alive because they needed him and killed Abed Cahal at the first possible opportunity. The flashbacks show that it's not possible to run from Cabadath...

Also, she never answers how she got past the doll/door to get out onto the roof. Admittedly this is probably only so Yahtzee could take the pills away from the player to make sure they were in the shadow world basement where the hole was dug.

I might be reading to much into it :P

Any thoughts?

Insignia

Correction about the final puzzle.

Spoiler
When Trilby is lying on the stump, move once. Just type "move". It makes his wound worse. Then all you have to do is wait, pressing Enter when messages pop up. The "keeping me alive" message is purely based on time since the wound got worse, and is not affected by any other commands.
[close]

z00ze

I talked to girl in bar and she told me to come to her room 2A but when I go there it won't open... the dude from next room said she went for a walk but I cant find her + cant open 2A door

z00ze

So how I can open that door? :)

paolo

Quote from: Fragbasket on Sat 08/07/2006 15:21:00
The fact that Siobhan doesn't answer Trilby when he asks for his waistcoat is a little suspicious...anyone think she might be in on it too?

Not only that, but...
Spoiler

how does Siobhan get free? She's struggling with the ropes the whole time, and then, after Chzo comes and goes, suddenly she's there resuscitating Trilby.
[close]

You could put it all down to artistic licence or plot devices, of course, but it is a bit suspicious, isn't it? Maybe Yahtzee is leaving the way open for Trilby 4...

gangsta92

Its too bad :'( i have been ihave been playing trilby's notes for more than 2 weeks but i just got that we had to open the curtain then simone is dead i dont know what next if any anybody gets it please just post me what to do next i am tired of solving the whole game myself it has become boring :(and i am very shock that from 2 day i get the nightmare of 7days a skeptic welder walking around with the machhete and comin to me i am confused ??? at this but do help me

jetxl

Quote from: z00ze on Wed 12/07/2006 08:53:56
I talked to girl in bar and she told me to come to her room 2A but when I go there it won't open... the dude from next room said she went for a walk but I cant find her + cant open 2A door
She should be in her room. Maybe it's a bug?

Quote from: gangsta92 on Sat 15/07/2006 11:11:53
Its too bad :'( i have been ihave been playing trilby's notes for more than 2 weeks but i just got that we had to open the curtain then simone is dead i dont know what next if any anybody gets it please just post me what to do next i am tired of solving the whole game myself it has become boring :(and i am very shock that from 2 day i get the nightmare of 7days a skeptic welder walking around with the machhete and comin to me i am confused ??? at this but do help me
Spoiler
get the pliers from the bar, and use them on the nails that are hammered in the skeleton hands. Then pick up the brown envelope that have pills inside.
There is a complete walkthrough here http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27118.msg344927#msg344927.
[close]

Dan_N

Hello.
This might sound silly now, but I've looked at the topic and I haven't found a solution for my problem, which is:
I have seen the painting cutscene and I have the crowbar, but Tribly won't use it on the doors in the dining room that are next to the toilet in the "hack'n'slash" hotel. He says they're just not tough enough.

Please help and would someone please tell me how to hide messages so I don't ruin it for everybody?

jetxl

Use it on the "boards" infront of the door, not the door itself.

Code: ags
[spoiler]blablabla[/spoiler]
You can click on "How do I post images, smileys and formatting?" when you compose a message for more bbs code.

piperhcombs

Quote from: Gord10 on Mon 26/06/2006 23:35:43
I have finished, too :)
Spoiler
PPS: How did the girl untie herself and how can Trilby come to life again after he lost too much blood to keep his brain working?
[close]

I think it is because
Spoiler
She was tied in the other world; so when the ritual got unsuccessful, the hotel turned back into reality again. And she was not tied in real world. Guess the same is also valid for Trilby's wounds.
[close]

AND

Quote from: BovineBeast on Tue 27/06/2006 00:02:41
Spoiler
Well, the implication was definitely some kind of divine intervention.  For Trilby, at any rate
[close]

Don't know how Siobhann got free- maybe she wriggled around enough for the ropes to loosen. I do have a comment about Trilby though.

Spoiler
I think it's possible for Trilby to have come back to life without divine intervention or reality shifts.

You see, you are technically dead when your heart isn't beating (aka no pulse, breathing, or heartbeat). If someone performs CPR within a certain amount of time (quickly), the person can be brought back to life (chest compressions force blood through the system and restart the heart, rescue breaths circulate oxygen and force the lungs to work). In the game, Siobhan said 'she didn't know if she was doing it right and that she apparently did' when Trilby came back to life. She was probably referring to CPR. It's no guarantee that someone can be saved with CPR, especially by an untrained "civilian", so Siobhan and Trilby must have had a stroke of luck.
[close]
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Ambrosia

I am trying to use the crowbar to pry off the boards in the alternate dining room, and am told the crowbar is too old and weak to do this. do i have to do something else first?  ???help!

Ambrosia

*oops* nevermind didn't read above post  :-X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk