Billy Masters Was Right (EN/SPA/GER)

Started by Postmodern Adventures, Mon 06/07/2020 19:34:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody believes Billy Masters. He's been accused of taking drugs in high school and accusing his teacher of serious crimes.
Sick of his attitude, his parents have imposed a curfew on him until he apologizes to his teacher.
Now Billy thinks a sneaky psycho is at work at his neighbors and he will do anything he can to convince the world that, indeed, Billy Masters was right.

Billy Masters Was Right  is a short adventure game  in a Maniac Mansion graphic style and a plot inspired by movies like "The Burbs" or "Disturbia".

Languages: English - Spanish - German

Danvzare

Could you please add at least one screenshot?
Your Itch.io page has five of them. So you could at least put one here.

Otherwise, looks interesting.

Khris

There's four screenshots in the original post, and they appear for me just fine.
But given that the images are on itch.io, too, maybe using those is more reliable?

I played and finished it, and it's a short but well-made game with an interesting story. Give it a try!

Khris: I'm glad you enjoyed the game and thank you for playing it.

Danvzare: Can you see the images now?

Danvzare

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Tue 07/07/2020 17:56:13
Danvzare: Can you see the images now?
Yes, I can see them now.  :-D
It's strange that I couldn't.  :-\

Tramponline

Thorougly enjoyed your game!
You really have a knack for writing witty and fitting dialog (particularly enjoyed that back and forth between grounded son and parents).
Great 70s/80s media culture setting & mood.

Hope to see more of you, keep at it!

Spoiler
Found some very minor spelling errors throughout  (e.g. "hapiness" instead of "happiness") and occasionally the syntax was a bit off. But all in all, great work!)
[close]

Elvis Tanner

Beautiful old school graphics, odd characters, good puzzles and a lot of black humour. Great game!

iamlowlikeyou

This game was really enjoyable! All the puzzles were logical and with a fair difficulty. The graphics were beautiful and consistent, and the GUI was seamless. Definitely one of the best indie games I've played in a long time!

My only objection was that some of the dialogues were a bit too long, but that's mainly a matter of taste  ;)

Shadow1000

I agree with the earlier assessments of the game: Good plot, good, logical and solvable puzzles. Overall, the game is a great experience.

I specifically like how the story flows as the game continues. Although the game is on the short side, it is PACKED with puzzles.

Good job!

Thank you all for the kind works, really glad people are enjoying Billy Masters!

Tramponline:

Spoiler
Fixed it! I will be fixing all these kinds of errors as the players kindly report me of them.
[close]

iamlowlikeyou: Initially, i wanted to write short texts for both dialogues and descriptions to better emulate the first LucasFilm games. But I also wanted to give more depth to the characters and the plot. But just like you say, that´s mainly a matter of taste. And that´s good!  ;)

javixblack

Really nice game, dude! It's short and fun, and the main image in this thread is very professional!!!!

Just a little thing about a puzzle, (I will write this in spanish to explain myself better, don't expel me, please D:)

Spoiler

Creo que el puzzle sobre el cable cortado es uno de esos "puzzles inversos" de los que habló Ron Gilbert en su artículo "por qué las aventuras gráficas apestan". En resumen, hallé la solución a un problema que no sabía que tenía. Reparé el cable porque lo vi roto, y luego en la siguiente habitación me di cuenta de que el puzzle sería la falta de electricidad allí abajo, y me dejó un sabor extraño de boca, pero nada grave
[close]

After that, I can say I recommend this game :D

Thanks, javixblack! The cover was made by an old friend of mine, Paco García from enComplot, one of the two developers of "Season of the Warlock":  https://encomplot.com/waldemar-the-warlock/. It's an amazing artist.

As for that puzzle:

Spoiler
Some people put the ring when entered in the locked room in the basement and some other does it more earlier. There is no order to resolve it. But maybe you're right. If i put sone object in the dark room for that puzzle, the whole of it would be more consistent. But more lineal. Pero vamos, buena obversación.  ;)
[close]

Updated to version 1.1.
Added German language courtesy of Elvis Tanner (thank you!)

selmiak

This game is really great, I recorded a longplay and wrote a review in the video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Vd3HArKMM

I think the longplay can be useful to find the typos in the english translation ;)

I'm a big fan of your channel, selmiak. So it's an honour to see Billy Masters on it and thank you for the review on Youtube!
I'm aware of the typos and i'm trying to find a proofreader for the next version of the game.  No one but me wants to see Billy Master polished!  :-[

heltenjon

This game was very good! I hope I find the time to play Urban Witch Story before nomination time, too.

I particularly liked the dialogue, which added to the relationships between the characters, and was well integrated in the puzzles, as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk