Conspiracy of Songo

Started by fidodido, Sun 07/09/2003 02:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

fidodido

GG:

First of all, thank you very much for the good comments, it means a lot to me.  :)

Spoiler
1. About the first puzzle - I think if you put the flag pole in the hole and try to stand on it, it may break, and the bottle, which is thicker and made of stronger material, can hold you.
2. About the coins - you're absolutly right, but it was the only "hole" in a very complicated story, and I thought I could let it go.
3. About the Back of Hotel - me personally, in every adventure game I play, every time I see a whole building, I try to check if there's a back to it. Because back sides of buildings are approachable in a lot of adveture games. But still, a path to the back would have made it better.
[close]

P.S: The song at the credits is calles Momentum by Aimee Mann. It's taken from Magnolia OST (a heck of a movie btw). I don't know why, but it seemed to fit perfect in the credits. What do you think?

GarageGothic

For some reason I DID think about Aimee Mann when I heard the song, but I'm not all that familiar with her, so I couldn't tell if it actually was her. And although I've seen Magnolia I didn't recognize it.

I agree, it fit perfectly for the credits. I love it when games have real songs at the end, like in Tierra's KQ2VGA, Phantasmagoria and Alone in the Dark 3. It feels like an added bonus for finishing the game.
I hope I'll be able to get one at the end of my game-in-development, Shadowplay, without violating any copyrights. Maybe even something written especially for the game. Better start inquiring with acquaintances who play in bands.

Vel

Seeing your work so far, GG, it wont be hard to get someone to do a song for you at all.

Nostradamus

Great game, very interesting!

I need help:
Spoiler
I talked with Magnolia and took the binoculars and now I need to get Santos' number or get Wally to check his mailbox, whatever comes first. How do I do it?
[close]

fidodido

Nostradamus:

Spoiler
To get Wally to check his mailbox, you'd have to show him the discount to the rock concert (it's somewhere in Low Spot Hotel), and then he'll check if he got it in his mail. Then, you'll be able to use the phone, and find out Santos' number.
[close]

Crimz

I feel very idiotic,  but..

Spoiler
I've explored the back of the hotel and I've been trying item after item on the windows, but nothing is working! :/ Spoil me, please!
[close]

Nostradamus

Crimz:
Spoiler
The name is ZIPPO... that's the first hint...
[close]

Spoiler
OK you need to set something on fire in the back of the hotel so the smell will wake him up
[close]

Crimz

Worked great! Thanks for the help! :)

Rachel

OKAY, now that I have gotten to this page to ask my question, I think I know exactly how to finish the game. The only problem is, nobody asked my question, So I am still stuck.

I have the rope, pole, rock, newspaper, matches, free concert ticket, bottle, and binoculars. (hopefully I didn't miss anything) I know I need to find more bottles to get a ticket to go on the island. I am completely stuck. I have spent 2 days clicking on anything and everything. HELP.

Ps. I have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about the LAB or the CORD, etc.

Rachel

Okay, I figured out how to get the job, except I am not passing the test to what I think are the correct answers: 1/3 bottle, New York, 206, and Fitzgerald. All of these answers make sense, but they don't work. And yes, I have tried changing my answers over and over and over again. I am sick of it so I am just begging for the answer so I can get on with the game. Sorry.

Crimz

Hey, dun get fustrated! If you read the lines they mentioned someone else who also had the job. Remember the drunk? He didn't seem very "smart". If you don't get that..

Spoiler
He doesn't want a genius for the job! Answer the stupidest things you can!
[close]

Nostradamus

Rachel use the (hide) (/hide) code when you post such things, you just spoiled the game for a lot of people!

* replace ()   with []

Dave

Just wanted to say, this is a GREAT game.

I partiularly liked the job interview puzzle - I actually started double-checking my answers on the internet when the true nature of the puzzle slapped me in the face like a wet kipper!

Cheers,

Dave.

Nostradamus

help:

Spoiler
I need to get the 80 dollars. [\hide]
[close]

Timosity

Nostradamus

Spoiler
It's time you got a job
[close]

btw that is a hint, i'm not telling you

Nostradamus

Spoiler
Yeah I know, but when I try to call the collector guy she says she's not interested in the job at the moment
[close]

Snake

AWESOME.

I haven't finished it yet since I haven't had much time. But you did a fantastic job with this game. There's great scripting in it, the story is fun and the atmosphere keeps you going...I only stopped because it was like 3 in the morning and I fell asleep...lol.

GREAT JOB!

Now make a follow-up to "The NExt Curse"...
The character-style in that game rocked arse.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

fidodido

Snake:
Thank you very much!
About the TNC sequel, it will be very hard, cause TNC didn't have a developed story, and I'd have to come up with an idea for the sequel.

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
No job will pay you 80 dollars so quickly, so you'd have to think of another way to get the ticket - have you searched the bathroom in "Armor Security"?
[close]

Read the next one only if you're still stuck:

Spoiler
Show the R.G.B bottle to the ticket vendor, and then call "The Recycler".
[close]

EDIT:

To all: if you've found any bugs in the game, please notify me about them, so I could fix them as soon as possible. Thanks...

Soro

Hi, please help me with the game, I've got a rope, a pole, a stone, a matchbox, a newspaper, a binoculars, a bottle and a concert discount ticket. I made the guy WW to check his mail box already. But I can't call the "Recycler". What do I do?. Thanks for the answers

Nostradamus

Read the post just above yours

and use the (hide)(\hide)  code next time to hide spoilers

* replace () with []

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk