King's Quest III+ (call for testers)

Started by Radiant, Wed 28/07/2004 17:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwin Xie

What do I do, smash a fish? And then use lard on it?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

fluxmaster

Hint #1:Ã,  Forget about the game.Ã,  Suppose, in your actual life, you wanted to get some fish oil.Ã,  Where would you get it?

Hint #2:Ã,  EDIT: The link that I posted doesn't work, so just go by Hint #1.
The Fluxmaster

Edwin Xie

If I wanted fish oil I would buy it.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Edwin Xie

dreammaster

Now you go, and do the same.

I know that's a quote, but can't remember from where.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kay, so I haven't read the full thread, so if someone already brought this up let me know (but break it gently!) -

Wasn't some other guy doing an enhanced version of KQ3, this one with original plot and VGA graphics and point and click? I think his name had "Hawk" in it...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

deltamatrix

Mhawk it is.

He quit ages ago and his project wasn't lookin good anyways.

Forget that one ever existed.
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Edwin Xie

Manny's brother is still there after I slept! And his food is still is on the table!

fluxmaster

Yes, I thought that was rather strange, myself.  He just sits there in a daze, and if you try to talk to him, he ignores you.  I suppose he should be sleeping in the guest bedroom, but then Radiant would have to add a guest bedroom to the house, and that would be extra work.  I think that it would be better just to have him disappear at nighttime, or put a convertible sofa in the living room and show him sleeping there.
The Fluxmaster

dreammaster

It will be interesting to see how Radiant handles his reaction when Manannan is turned into a cat. Maybe he'll simply disappear. It'd be fun to watch him storming through the house yelling for Manannan. Maybe with another minor puzzle to get him to leave (rather than killing you just for the fun of it).Ã,  8)

Edwin Xie

Also, what is strange is when mannanans brother got his own food...then I go to bed and it shows them having a conversation his brother's food is gone.

capdepenis

What's the answer to the fisherman's riddle?

Edwin Xie

And one time when I loaded the game there was a happy birthday song! Maybe I should try out the game instead of asking here for questions................

Oh yeah, an error when trying to enter the tavern ---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
---------------------------
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.61.747)

(Room 48 script line 467)
Error: MoveObject: invalid object number

OK   

fluxmaster

Quote from: capdepenis on Wed 25/08/2004 17:17:15
What's the answer to the fisherman's riddle?

This was actually the easiest puzzle for me to solve; it only took me a couple of minutes to think it over.

Hint number 1:
Spoiler
Note that the riddle doesn't say that the answer is a fish.
[close]

Hint number 2:
Spoiler
The riddle said that it was a "catch."
[close]

Hint number 3:
Spoiler
What might you find while walking along the beach?
[close]
The Fluxmaster

Radiant

That's what the save function is for. However, the time limit will be increased in the future.

Edwin Xie

dreammaster

Obviously, we'll have to wait for beta 5 for it to be fixed.  :-*

Edwin Xie

Radiant

Yea, sorry to keep you all waiting here, it took some time moving all my stuff into my new apartment (which is thrice as big as the old student's room I was in) and unpacking and sorting and throwing stuff away. I've done plenty of bugfixing since the last beta (thanks to the bugfinders, you know who you are) but I wanted a couple more features before calling it a new beta.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk