StarGate Adventure *

Started by Sektor 13, Wed 13/04/2005 16:28:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

**updated 29.7.2005** ::)

Here is my newes effort, Stargate adventure :D

Story is set in the middle of the (SG-1) 8  season, after /spoiler/ Anubis was stoped by Ancients. A month later stargate command gets a warning that Goul'ds have found another forgotten Ancients weapon...

You will play with General Jack O'Neall. Other SG-1 members will assist you in missions.
You would be able to walk freely in SGC (stargate command) betwen missions and interact with personel....

In some case there will be multiple solutions for the problems etc....
**updated**
- graphics 55%
- puzzles 20%
- scripting 50%
- music/sound 20%
- overall 35 %

**There will be a story background explanation for all who are not familliar with StarGate world....

PICTURES:

**new(old) pics**

**story update**
Stargate Command gets message that Thor was kidnaped, possibly by Anubis, as he has found a powerfull crystal, but little is know about it. First mission is set on some old planet, as they may be a Zero-Point Module (ZPM,great power source) there, or even more...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is old link from AGS criticts launge, you can find some pictures there too:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=18935.0

The pictures arent visible

EDIT: Hurray i can see them
Realy nice i must say

I will play it sure when it is ready i like star gate and the pictures yeah very good

DoorKnobHandle

Now they are, and they are a - a - awesome!  :o :o :o

Very, very good graphics, looks very professional! WOW!

Great work!!!

Although I am not a real SG fan, I will play this game only for the awesome visuals!

Sam.

looks awesome man, can't wait to play it. I know this isnt cl, but two things, on the close up the faces looks very fdifferent in style, also the staff weapons should have bigger tips.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Sektor 13

Quote from: Zooty on Wed 13/04/2005 17:43:27
looks awesome man, can't wait to play it. I know this isnt cl, but two things, on the close up the faces looks very fdifferent in style, also the staff weapons should have bigger tips.

Well game is made in 320*240 and close faces cannot be made very accurate, sam gose for staff, as it gets to big if I add another round of pixels...

Mr Flibble

w00t!
These graphics are truly...just wow.
Also the concept of a Stargate game fascinates me. I was toying with the idea myself, but my idea was a Starcaft hack, not an AGS game.

Well done!
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Mozesh

Wow this look really good, looking forward to playing it ;)
keep it up  ;D

Ubel

I've been waiting for this. :=

Nice graphics! I mean very nice! And I especially love the gui!

I wish you all the best luck with your project! :)

Khris

Wow! Your pixel art is amazing, especially the second screenie.
Any chance you could do a tutorial?

btw: it's Jack O'NeillÃ,  :=

PsychicHeart

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

matt

Very impressive...I'm going to keep an eye on this...

DanClarke

Looks superb, keep it up :)

Darth Mandarb

I really like the look of this.

The 'cut scene' screenshot reminds me of the first two Wing Commander games (which is a very good thing) and the 'in game' shots look great as well.

How are you handling the 'traveling' animation?

Tom S. Fox

Wow, great art!
Looks really like a classic adventure!

Sektor 13

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 14/04/2005 14:23:17
I really like the look of this.

The 'cut scene' screenshot reminds me of the first two Wing Commander games (which is a very good thing) and the 'in game' shots look great as well.

How are you handling the 'traveling' animation?

I don't have traveling animation, but now that you mentioned it, hehe, i will try to make it...

Quote from: khrismuc on Wed 13/04/2005 23:32:33
Wow! Your pixel art is amazing, especially the second screenie.
Any chance you could do a tutorial?

btw: it's Jack O'Neill  :=

Upsy, Darn does "O'Neills or O'Neals" i must correct thw whole game now  ;D ...

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Thu 14/04/2005 16:12:33
I don't have traveling animation, but now that you mentioned it, hehe, i will try to make it...
Just a bit of advice ... make the cut-scene (of the travel animation) skip-able (or shorter than it is in the movie)  It would be neat the first few times you travel, but eventually I (the player) would like to skip over it!

Reptile

Haha! I was thinking of making a Stargate game. *throws away script*

You're looks amazing man!
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

Seminus

Thats cool! I like the tv show and I like the style of your game! Reminds me of "the Dig",  artwise!I think manly the characters... (Thats a good thing :)) Can't wait to get my hand on your game...  :)

Logout...

For more info go check my homepage:

The Art of Seminus

Crowley

I too think that Bratac's face looks weird and quite different compared to Teal'c. One problem is that there isn't as much shading related to the light source, which gives it less depth. And the eyes are huge. Even with the low resolution you could shave off a pixel or two.

jb2815

Tonight - on  McGyver, McGyver, McGyver...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk