Sprite Jam! :: apr 12~19 :: Mars Cafe

Started by Stefano, Wed 12/04/2006 20:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

MashPotato

Quote from: Stefano on Mon 17/04/2006 17:48:57
It's the first time I see a rip-off sprite apear on a sprite jam. Maybe we should think this trophy thing over. We had less entries the way it was, but every single participant was actualy willig to enter and loosing, just to have a little fun.
I have expressed reservations about the trophies in another thread, but simply because I was worried that participation might drop if trophies were no longer offered--I didn't think they would result in copied sprites :(

Another concern I had was if some people might not enter sprites because they would not have time to make trophies for the next week.

Trophies are a nice bonus, and I personally like them, but if it takes away from the fun of sprite jams, I say we drop 'em.

BTW- making an accusation in a first post is definitely NOT bad if you've got evidence to back it up.  I get really ticked when people take credit for other people's work, not to mention, submitting copies wastes the other participants' time (what if it had won?).  So yes, Airgo, thanks ^_^

Afflict

I agree with farlander and I too will defend airgo.

Thus is still very sad  :'(

airgo

Quote from: Farlander on Mon 17/04/2006 18:06:55
Airgo, someone might feel tempted to post that making an accusation as a first post is disgusting.
That's what i thought before i posted.
Anyway, hopefully i will be able to show something myself soon, and to post something more positive.  ;)

Anghellic

what is this crap? I did draw that thing myself... You just putted my sprite on some other game!!
<<<< look at my lovely bubble ^_^[/color]
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

GarageGothic

Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 18:36:46what is this crap? I did draw that thing myself... You just putted my sprite on some other game!!

wow, it's really some conspiracy if airgo managed to manipulate screenshots on ign.com:
http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/482/482099/imgs_1.html

Chicky

A freaky alien inspired crawling thing bursts from the ground. Fairly easy to kill, just shoot the face that appears and dodge the charge attacks and falling rocks. Possible to stand on the two frount feet but watch our for when he jumps into the air.

I may enter another non B+W image soon  :D

Renal Shutdown

Trying to defend your obvious cheating is ridiculous, and worse than the cheating itself.  Just accept the fact that you've been busted.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Anghellic

this is just lame. Some stupid kid faked an image because he was jaleous and you all believe it  ::)
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

big brother

Anghellic, you need an attitude adjustment. I understand this sort of thing as a joke (albeit played out to no end), but defending your ridiculous first claim is disrespectful to everyone who spent time to create their own entry.

Don't expect anyone to accept future entries from you.

Perhaps Gilbot can do us all a favor and trim the fat from this otherwise juicy jam.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

skw

Yea, of course, Anghellic.

You did the sprite today and put it in a game which was released a few YEARS ago? YOU are lame!

GTFO!

---
Welcome to the boards, Airgo!
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Chicky

Trying to get this thread back on track here's my proper entry:

Nacho

But... which is the crap about removing the trophies? Trophies are not compulsory, you can make them, when hosting an SJ... or not!

So, what happens if you have won an SJ and that week's host doesn't Ã, want to make a trophy for you? Well... You have won... Do it yourself!

I would see silly to make compulsory to any SJ host to make trophies. But in the same level we have the decission of prohibiting them, IMO...

And now, I doubting if we should go to general, shut up, or what, but Sprite Jam IMO should be a whole "post with sprite" thread, so, being hypocrital (because this post of mine has no post ^_^) I encourage people to bring this to another place.

Edit: Here is the link to discuss about it... In General.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=26106.0
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Anghellic

Quote from: Skurwy on Mon 17/04/2006 19:15:05
Yea, of course, Anghellic.

You did the sprite today and put it in a game which was released a few YEARS ago? YOU are lame!

GTFO!

---
Welcome to the boards, Airgo!

there is no such game... those pics are fake. Look at them they are uploaded at imageshack
and that other link doesnt show anything...

Afflict

Well IMO i like the trophies the host makes them or not.

In regard to this fake entry I fell like downloading the rom....

Anyway angelic show us your work in progress... Frame by frame..

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/482/482099/img_1556047.html

heres a link for you...

FROM CONTRA THE ALIEN WARS!!!!

airgo

Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 19:21:33
there is no such game... those pics are fake. Look at them they are uploaded at imageshack
and that other link doesnt show anything...
there is no such game? google for it. i knew it under "super probotector - the alien rebels"
seems like its also known under "Contra Advance: The Alien Wars"
the pics are uploaded at imageshack because i didnt find a picture of him in the web.
so i switched on the snes emulator and quickly cheated myself up to the 6th stage of the game to take screenshots.

Afflict

Anghelic your busted stop it even the pixel are exact match you didnt even take time to change the shading or color scheme or whatever... like i said give us a work in developement.

I have been wondering why your response is taking so long .... making one now ???

Just admit it. And realise that pic belongs to the people that made it and that some serious legal trouble could be coming your way if yo ucontinue doing things like this...

Nacho

There is a thread in general to reply to Anghelic, please... ^_^
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Inkoddi

Privateer Puddin'

Damnit Inkoddi ¬¬ too cute (even though it does slightly look like its eyes are bleeding.)

Anym

Well, it's not of a Konami level of quality and even though I don't have any work in progress to prove it, I promise I made it myself using only biodegradable pixels collected by only the finest slaves in all the sprite mines of Kressel, which coincidentially is also the homeworld of the honorable Great-Glag of Zice Mi. Sudranjah Pel Fatriakantroggumonif portraited below. Despicable accusations that hix substantial wealth came to great extent from slave trading were recently silenced after the disappearance of several reporters who had claimed as much. That this lead to a reemergence of equally ridiculous rumors of hik having contacts to galactic organized crime can only be described as tragic. So without further ado, I present to you Mi. Fatrikantroggumonif.

Name: Sudranjah Pel Fatriakantroggumonif IV
Height and width: one hundred twenty-five and fifty pixels respectively
Weight: we would never tell
Colors: ninteen plus one background color
Eyeballs: two plus two replacements
Orifices: twelve
Tentacles: sixty, but hi's wearing pants, in order not to ridicule the members of members of unfortunately less-endowed species, so you obviously (and as someone who speaks from experience, also unfortunately) you can't see them
Birthplace Palleton, Kressel
Ambitions: Having many godchildren.
Turn-ons: Open-mindedness, distreetness and endless deathmarches through trackless deserts long walks along beaches.
Turn-offs: Laziness, facial hair, non-smokers and species with insufficient orifices.

I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk