The Uncertainty Machine

Started by ratracer, Mon 10/03/2003 10:12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcik

Argh, I always have the same problem with detective games - I don't know what to do next.

Spoiler
I got the 'edited' and original report, what now? Just tell me where to go, or what to concentrate on, don't tell me how to do it, please.
[close]
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

ratracer

Barcik,
Spoiler

you're in the most non-linear part of the game, so it's a bit difficult to know what are your next tasks... did you manage to get a way to go to the 11th floor?  
[close]
Joacim
Spoiler

you probably don't have put "something" in the machine...
[close]
lspace
If you must restore, there's indeed a bug. However, I knew that one from previous versions of the game, and it's supposedly corrected. Which version (which executable) are you playing? TUMv1 or TUMv11? If TUMv11  the problem remains: exit hotspot disappears - I reviewed the script, it looked fine (it works - ie the exit hotspot is there - MOST of the times) and rescripted for version TUMv11 to make it more reliable, but it seems it may not work 100% of the time, I have no idea why...
anyway
Spoiler

if you put the three pieces in the right order and right places, it should leave the close-up fine...
[close]
rookworm3
Spoiler

as Dorcan says: after you do all your tasks for day 1, day2 will eventually come
[close]

Barcik

I am still stuck....  :(

Spoiler
Where do I find the code? Is it 1307?
[close]

Igor

I'm just playing it and so far i love it :) Really nice graphics & ambient sounds, interesting story and great puzzles! The atmosphere somehow reminds me on Broken Sword.
Great work!

Spyros

>:( I started downloading version 1.1, I had downloaded 9MB and now the file is gone  ???
I really want to play it

rookworm3

okay, thanks.
Spoiler
Alright, now I apparently have to get some leads as to who is the kidnapper. The ashtray leads me to suspect Peter, although I am not sure how to get that info into the game.
[close]

lspace

lspace
If you must restore, there's indeed a bug. However, I knew that one from previous versions of the game, and it's supposedly corrected. Which version (which executable) are you playing? TUMv1 or TUMv11? If TUMv11  the problem remains: exit hotspot disappears - I reviewed the script, it looked fine (it works - ie the exit hotspot is there - MOST of the times) and rescripted for version TUMv11 to make it more reliable, but it seems it may not work 100% of the time, I have no idea why...
anyway

I managed to solve the puzzle, thanks to your hint as to order etc.

I am playing the TUMv11 version and previously when I was in close-up of the key the exit icon was there but when I clicked on it, it would just fade away and not let me back out to the game.

ratracer

lspace, it seems that part is still a bit wobly, I'll recheck it once again and if I get the problem solved I'll reload an updated code.

Barcik
Spoiler

You cannot know the code! All you can do is find a way to know which keys are pressed when the right code is input. When you get to day 2, you'll be able to know (if you do the right thing) which those keys are, and then it will be simple trial and error.
[close]

rookworm3
Spoiler

you're close to going to day1, you still have to find something more. Did you get everything you can from the police? Did you check everything in the newsroom?
[close]

Igor, thanks a lot - Broken Sword is one of my favorite games, so being able to make you recall BS means a lot!!!

Spyros, I don't know what's wrong. When you download does it says it will only download 9mb? Anyway, check directly:
http://www.fbc-bettendorf.com/ratracer/

rookworm3

Spoiler

I have the cigarette; I quizzed Madji on Obero, and I have tried clicking on practically every spot I could find at every location. I am totally at a loss as to what I should do. Anyway, sorry for being a pest.
[close]

Dorcan

Spoiler
There is one more cigarette to find, somewhere in the 11th floor
[close]

Spyros

No, I use flash get to download the game , so I had downloaded 9MB the last few days. Now the download can't continue because it seems that the file has disappeared.

Barcik

Spoiler
I'm stuck in the dark room in the warehouse...
[close]

ratracer

Barcik,
Spoiler

turn on the light! - check all "?" (there are 3 of them); the switch somewhat in the center of the screen, a bit to the left.
[close]

Spyros,
I assume you started downloading  some days ago. That may be it, since I upload a new (with minor touches, and geting rid of the dead end Goldmund mentioned) TUMv11.zip overwriting the old TUMv11.zip. If that's the case you might have to start again... sorry!  

rookworm3
Spoiler

in total you'll find 2 cigarettes and have to check (LOOK) the smoking ashtray at the newsroom.
[close]

Barcik

Spoiler
In what form do I need to put in the final coordinates (in the end of the game)?

Bug: When trying to load the computer screen while on the console screen. Might be with all zoom items.
[close]

ratracer

Barcik
Spoiler

the coordinates are all numbers (without spaces or characters - ie. "X" is substituted by any number -  in between)
[close]

I don't understand the bug: do you mean it crashes? or reaching for the laptop when in the console zoom view?

Barcik

It means that I see the computer and this little white thingy which implies where the text is going to be written. I can't do anything with the computer, and when I press enter I get an error about background frames.

Barcik

I finished it and it's great! Expect a review in the AGDZine soon.

ratracer

Thanks Barcik,
Also I'll check that bug out coz that's totally unexpected!!!

sela

???Dear Ratracer,  I am in day2.  I can get to the warehouse 65-A but not inside.  At the museum I have the brochure and can get the strange key.  I figure I need to make a copy of the key.  I tried the resin with the key--no good.  Is there a place to get wax for a form?  I have been stuck for a couple of days at this spot.  I do have version 11.  Help Please!!

Barcik

Spoiler

Indeed there is. Go to the artists' garden, and look at the board by the statue.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk