Broken Windows - Chapter IV

Started by ddavey1983, Tue 25/04/2023 22:15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

ddavey1983

Broken Windows - Chapter IV
By GOC Games
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2669-broken-windows-chapter-4/

You are Jack Burton, an inexperienced police constable and now even more inexperienced fugitive.

Finding yourself on the run, only you and your motley set of associates can find the truth, prevent further murders and clear your names.

This is the final episode of a humorous four-part point and click adventure game inspired by the Police Quest series (albeit with no dead ends). You CAN die in this one though, so saving is advisable.

Broken Windows Chapter 1 was chosen as a Pick of the Month on the AGS website for March 2020 and nominated for Best Game and Best Puzzles at the 2020 AGS Awards.
Broken Windows Chapter 2 was nominated for Best Freeware Game in the 2020 AGS Awards.
Broken Windows Chapter 3 was nominated for Best Freeware Game in the 2022 AGS Awards.

Hope you enjoy it and thank you for sticking with them!

lanchong

Great news! I love the series and Chapter IV is definitely next on my to-play list.

Creamy

Congrats on the game!

I've got to catch up on the last episode but it's on my to-play list too.

QuoteYou CAN die in this one though, so saving is advisable.
It's getting serious  :grin:
Never understood why they removed the death scenes in the 1st Broken Sword - Director's Cut. They brought tension.
Of course I'm not talking about totally unpredictable deaths that provide more frustration than tension IMO.

ddavey1983

Don't worry, they're limited and pretty predictable. None of that failing to walk three times round your car nonsense.

Shadow1000

I played this game last night and I really enjoyed it. My thoughts are similar to what I said about the first three games in the series.

- It seems to me that the puzzles in the first half of the game are much more intricate and have far more steps than they did in the second half of the game. I think that what I enjoyed most was the multi-step puzzles.
- I spent most of my playing time laughing. The humour is AMAZING
- As far as the story, despite having played the first three, I didn't really recognize most of the names or characters and only vaguely recall specifics of the events. There were a lot of acronyms that I wasn't familiar with so while I did understand the overall story, I did find myself not following the details.

I think that I probably spent about 1/4 of the playing time on the
Spoiler
beach puzzle, specifically getting the vinegar
[close]

Anyway, congrats on another great release!

Wiggy

Why does the donkey's surname change from Peterson to Williams?

SarahLiz

Ok, this is awesome news.  I've played the other 3 games in the series and loved them all...I have no doubt this one will be amazing as well.  In fact, since it's been a minute since I've played the other ones, I might just go back and replay them all again to refresh my memory because I'm sitting here trying to recall why he's a fugitive now...? [edit: I remember now]

--And that means tons of hours of good gameplay a'coming...yay!!  If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited & I'll update later with my thoughts on Chapter 4.  Cheers!   :grin:

edit: of course, I'm already stuck and there's no walkthroughs to be found yet.  I'll post something on the hints & tips page...

ddavey1983

Quote from: Wiggy on Mon 01/05/2023 06:08:25Why does the donkey's surname change from Peterson to Williams?

Its largely (exclusively) because I didn't pay sufficient attention whilst play-testing.

sthomannch

Played this game today, I enjoyed it a lot. Fits well into the series. The puzzles were not too hard but interesting and with a twist, just right. The only thing that made me wonder
Spoiler
After going to the ice cream parlor a second time, the disguise was not in the inventory anymore and the main character did not don it until it was back at the group of youngsters, below the mosquito device, then suddenly the sprites changed.

But this is a minor thing
[close]
Well done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk