Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Reminds me of a Mac shooter from the 90s with aliens that looked like praying mantes. Can't remember the name though.

Volcan

Galen

Is that a GBA or DS title?

Volcan

Neither.

It's windows and you can find it at microsoft store.

milkanannan

I don't know it. I am, however, certain this game would give me motion sickness. (laugh)

CaptainD

Since this thread seems to have died, I would like to revive it with a nice and easy one to begin with. A game I really loved on the Speccy many years ago (and have probably posted before sometime).

Gilbert

Gilbert

TheFrighter

Bite me if isn't Double Dragon - the movie!

_

Gilbert

Correct!
A bit nitpicking here. AFAIK this game is indeed based on the movie but it's not really called "The Movie" (maybe a nick name to distinguish it from the original game, or was released somewhere on the globe with that name?), just called Double Dragon like the original game, to create as much confusion as possible. (They're not even the same genre!)

Surprisingly, this game isn't really bad.

TheFrighter

Yeah, better than the movie!  :-D

Sorry for the kanji:

_

Gilbert

I know what this is because I own this console.
But I'll just wait a bit so other people may have a chance to guess it.

TheFrighter

I don't see the image on my computer... Do you see it?  ???

_

Gilbert

Actually I could see it when using a very old version of the Opera browser (before they ditched their own Presto engine and moved to Chromium) at work.

But it's not showing when I use Chrome at home. I am able to view it if I copy the image URL in a new tab though.
Spoiler
BTW the image link spoiled everything as the game's name is shown in the filename.
[close]

Another nitpicking: The texts are not Kanji. They're Hirakana.

cat

Quote from: Gilbert on Wed 29/11/2023 10:26:52Another nitpicking: The texts are not Kanji. They're Hirakana.

More nitpicking: It's Hiragana and Katakana, with the Katakana replacing some words that would normally be written using Kanji (though mae is written in Hiragana again) :P

TheFrighter

Got it, I don't say kanji again!  :-[

Another pic:

_

cat

Don't be worried, this is just my pet peeve ;)

TheFrighter

Well, I continue:

_

Danvzare

That looks incredibly familiar... wait... I know that game!
And I can't find the name of the game.  :~(

Still, I can describe it for the next person (who's hopefully better at googling than me) to look up.
I'm pretty sure it's a SNES game, and in it you have to take pictures for a tabloid while moving along the level. I remember encountering it in a YouTube video about a bunch of obscure games.
I shall keep searching until I find it's name though.  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk