Jimm's Quest III demo released and looking for artist[s]

Started by TheDecapitatedMole, Wed 28/05/2003 03:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDecapitatedMole

Yee-haa! That's right, boys and girls! The Space Quest ripoff person has finally decided to do an original game, and, golly, it's being done in the form of another Jimm's Quest[THE SQ ripoff] game! In this game we join me, Jimm, who is a Janitor aboard the Hesser College Mothership. [for those of you who don't know what hesser college is, it's a cheap New Englandish college that teaches at a High School level]. The bad guy in this game is Matthew Lesko [if you're in the USA, you probably know him, but for those who don't, he's a weird-lookin guy who wears a blue suit with big question marks all over it, and has commercials about how if you buy his book, you can get free money from the government and crap like that]. It's the first game that I've done with AGS, and it's actually my first original game ever.  It's called Lesko's Revenge and I got the title and the nify skull at the beginning from the Lesko's Revenge flash movie that was once on GeekTechnique.org. You can download the playable demo here[I was too lazy to zip it, sorry].

Now, for the asking part. I'm in dire need of some good background artists, because my drawing skills really suck,and I have only MS Paint on my crap Win95 comp, the only things I can do are characters. Once you see the demo you'll know what I mean. Email me at headbone@dorkasaur.com if you can help.

EDIT: Uh, yeah, sorry about that...

undergroundling

well, im not sure what style you're going for in this game.  a more realistic style, or a whacked-out style.  also, is the interior of the ship supposed to look organic?  if i have a little more information i might be able to put together some backgrounds for your project.  let me know.

The Decapitated Mole

Thanks for the interest and possible help. I'm kinda going for more of a realistic kind of look, at least for the beginning of the game. Eventually, though, just like me, it will become wacky. Also, the interior of the ship is supposed to be kind of high-tech, kind of organic and technological mixed. Thanks once again. [I usually never hear from anyone about stuff like this]

undergroundling

here's a sample of my work...i took the first room in your game and totally revamped the artwork...let me know what you think...

oh, and the big pink area on the TV can be filled with whatever you want me to put in there, i just didnt want to copy the two pictures you already had (too much work, lol).  and the picture on the wall was left blank because i had no idea what the hell it was supposed to be.  i can work on that later if you like it.  so let me know what you think.

- bryan

TheDecapitatedMole

That is perfect! If u dont mind, cud u just send that 2 me?[Il get u the images 4 the TV soon] Size needed is 640x480. If u cud do NE more like that, it'd be great. [I cant really promise u anything for it, unless I decide 2 sell the game, but u would get ur name in the credits of my game, be mentioned on the FreakyFace Website, and if u wanted 2 join the forums, a mod spot]

But that's beside the point. [Well, not really, but o well] So if u cud do some more of those, it would be PERFECT!

TheDecapitatedMole

Uh, I take it from your lack of response that you aren't interested. Oh well, anyway, I enlarged the screen myself and re-did the first room of the Demo, and it's available for download at FreakyFace Entertainment at the Downloads page, I think. If the hyperlink is wrong, I'll just fix it eventually. And undergroundling, if you are still interested, please let me know somehow.

deadsuperhero

I played the demo, it was really cool.
I can draw pretty good VGA sprites, I'm okay at backgrounds, and I'm great at scripting.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk