AGS 2.56 Pre-final - Mittens edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 15/06/2003 22:18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Goble

2) Can you have the Mouse Position Label in the Room Editor still update while the script window is showing?
It's really annoying to have to close the window and save the script just to find the position I need to move a character too. It would be nice to just move the window aside and be able to still get numbers.

You can already right-click on your room to copy those co-ordinates to the clipboard, or do you mean to get multiple sets of co-ordinates from a room?

4) Would it be possible to have an options for no transparency when importing sprites?

If you are working on a high colour game when you import a sprite use 'Index Colour 0' option for transparency - that's always worked for me in the past.

Quote from: CJ on Sun 15/06/2003 22:18:21

Changes since 2.55:

* Increased max sprite folders to 500.
* Increased max sprites to 15000.

Crikey Chris, more IS more!

Keep up the good work!

Matt

Scorpiorus

QuoteAGS 2.56 beta 1 - Sir Roger Moore edition
What a nice version with the extremely handy features. Thanks! :)

Quote* Fixed "player.inv[index]--;" also decrementing inv[index+1]
Now there is no worry about the using of different variable types! thanks again for that fix.

Quote* SetPlayerCharacter now changes the mouse cursor if an inventory item of the old character was active.
hehe, you fixed it. Yep, it should be, especially for LucasArts-style GUIs. Without it one could cheat the game by giving an active item to another character in the different room for example (provided a game has that hole of course).
But what I have noticed is that a cursor mode is changed into the next one. Even if another character has an active item it still jumps to the next one. What do you think about keeping MODE_USEINV mode and only changing active item if another char has some other active item too?

-Cheers

bspeers1000

You can already right-click on your room to copy those co-ordinates to the clipboard

Wow! I did not know that! That would save me a lot of work.  Guess I'm ignorant too.

On Topic:  This new version is excellent!  No complaints here.

Pumaman

Quote from: Scorpiorus on Sat 21/06/2003 13:32:51
But what I have noticed is that a cursor mode is changed into the next one. Even if another character has an active item it still jumps to the next one. What do you think about keeping MODE_USEINV mode and only changing active item if another char has some other active item too?

Seems sensible, I'll do that.

DinghyDog

This is late (I've been at school, people, no time.) but I'd like to congratulate you one one thing that wasn't there when I left:

When typing the code, and coming to a set function like DisplaySpeech, it gives you the syntax right there instead of you having to look it up. Congratulations. Brilliant.

I'm done.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

TerranRich

Quote from: DinghyDog on Sun 29/06/2003 19:21:05
This is late (I've been at school, people, no time.) but I'd like to congratulate you one one thing that wasn't there when I left:

When typing the code, and coming to a set function like DisplaySpeech, it gives you the syntax right there instead of you having to look it up. Congratulations. Brilliant.

I'm done.

-DD

Yup, I love it too. It's reminiscent of Visual Basic, a feature of which I absolutely love. :D

Dave Gilbert

Hi, is it just me or does the music sound a bit funny with this beta?  It's hard to explain, but all my MIDI music sounds extremely echo-y.  It didn't sound like this with the previous version.

Adamski

* Added MIDI controller event support, so that MIDI commands such as sustain will now work.

I guess if your midi file has reverb enabled, AGS will now not-ignore it.

Pumaman

MIDI music in AGS *should* now sound like it does in winamp.

It's possible there's a bug though, so Dave could you test out one of those MIDI's in another player such as winamp and see how they sound.

Gregjazz

Keep the amazing work up, CJ. One of these days we'll buy you a new car or something.

It would be cool if there was an option to automatically outline any font with black.

Gilbert

BUMP

Just want people to see that beta 2 was released. :)

TerranRich

Quote* Added SetCharacterBlinkView and SetGUISize text script functions.

Awesome, SetGUISize could be very useful.

Quote* Added "Lock objects in position" checkbox to the GUI editor, to stop you accidentally moving objects when trying to select them.

Wasn't this already implemented? I remember that option having been there for ages.

Quote* Added extra "Blinking" view to draw an extra animation on top of the character's speech animation intermittently while they are talking. Currently Sierra-style speech only.
* Added 'goto-previous' dialog script command to return to previous topic.
* Added new "Box out" screen transition, which uses an expanding black box from the centre of the screen.

Ooh, neat! :D

Quote* Script editor is no longer a modal window (but only if it's not opened from the interaction editor).

Ah, I was just about to ask for this feature, too. :) Awesome.

Quote* Sierra-style speech now shrinks the width of the text window if the text is narrower than the screen width.

Awesome! ;D

Quote* Changing a hotspot name now correctly marks the room as modified.
* You are now always prompted to save changes to a room when loading another one - the Preferences setting only affects the prompt when you choose the "Save Room" option on the menu.
* SetPlayerCharacter now leaves the cursor mode as Use Inv if the new character has an active inventory item.
* Fixed Sierra-style speech box overrunning the face if it had wide borders.
* Fixed SetPlayerCharacter crashing if called from game_start.
* Fixed RunAGSGame not working if mode was passed as 1.
* Fixed dialog options moving across the screen in non-GUI mode.
* Fixed editor crash typing >200 characters into a label.
* Fixed dividing by zero in the script causing a fatal exception.

Very cool.

Awesome work, it just gets better and better with age. ;)

evilspacefart

Awesome! I'm still using 255 and CJ's got 256beta2 already. He should be knighted too.
CJ, can I buy you a drink?

Vel

Awesome! This blinking view is very useful! Thanks, Chris!

Dave Gilbert

Chris, do you have a team of coder slaves locked in a computer lab somewhere?  The fact that you manage to do this all by yourself continues to astound and amaze me.

Three cheers!  :-)

-Dave

Mennuz

Damn chris, your faster than a nymfomaniac's orgasm!

Vel

ThunderStorm

Wow, cool updates! I have to try the box-out transition, and thanks for implementing that 'lock gui elements' checkbox that fast!

By the way - Is there a way to check the GUI's current x and y location? I was sure there was a GetGUIPosition cammand, but I can't seem to find anything like that.

Timosity

Quote from: terranRICH on Thu 03/07/2003 04:25:27
Quote* Added "Lock objects in position" checkbox to the GUI editor, to stop you accidentally moving objects when trying to select them.

Wasn't this already implemented? I remember that option having been there for ages.

I haven't looked at this version yet but I think it means like locking buttons etc on a GUI not just normal objects in a room, I think that's what it means

Pet Terry

Darn neat!

Box-out transition will be just what I need for my "Sekrit projekt!1" ;)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk