AGS 2.56 Pre-final - Mittens edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 15/06/2003 22:18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Quote from: Tìmosíty on Fri 04/07/2003 13:42:25
Quote from: terranRICH on Thu 03/07/2003 04:25:27
Quote* Added "Lock objects in position" checkbox to the GUI editor, to stop you accidentally moving objects when trying to select them.

Wasn't this already implemented? I remember that option having been there for ages.

I haven't looked at this version yet but I think it means like locking buttons etc on a GUI not just normal objects in a room, I think that's what it means

Oh! Well, in this case... Chris, how about making it so that, if you have two or more items in a GUI overlapping, clicking in a place where they overlap over and over again will alternate between the objects beneath that coordinate? Is that possible? I have a label over a button (used for an image), and selecting just the label is hell unless I first move the image underneath it. :)

Scorpiorus

CJ, two things I discovered while was playing with beta2:

- using black box out transition in the 256-color game affects the screen colors.

- checking Run next loop after this for blinking view loop crashes the engine while run-time speeching.

-Cheers

Pumaman

Thanks, I'll get them fixed.

Terran: good point, I'll add that to my list.

scotch

Beta 3 is the best beta ever :'(

Thankyou so much CJ!

The scaling problem fixed, custom properties, crossfade.  Is there anything left for version 2.57?

Vel

edmundito

w00t w00t!

wow, this properties thing will be pretty handy...

hey, some of the borders around boxes in the editor have disappeared. like for example the white box that shows the sprite on the sprite manager has no border at all. I'm not sure if you meant for this to happen or something... just letting you know :P

And to quote myself:
Quote from: netmonkey on Tue 17/06/2003 23:27:38
Hmm... I just noticed something interesting... and I'll call it a glitch for now: When you're in a dialog conversation, every time there's a new line said the current cursor (before the dialog) flashes for like a frame, making it look kind of odd. It seems that it happens every time another character speasks. this has been around for a while, and I think I did a nasty workaround in my game, but I'm sure that everyone would benefit from an automatic system.

I was just wondering if you ever looked into this.

Also, I just noticed that if you test a 256-colour game and you select the "cross-fade" transition, the editor will warn you that cross-fade will not work (when it compiles), but the game crashes anyway. When I read it, I thought it meant that the game was going to run anyway, but it was not going to play the transitions since it's 256. Maybe you should be more clear on the message for n00bs (like me... wait, I ares not a n00b)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Spyros

Thanks Chris "Anyway, I had some time to work on AGS lately, so here's what we have" Jones

evilspacefart

Quoteif ((player.room == 14) || (player.room == 27) || (player.room == 33) || (player.room == 64))

now becomes:
if (GetRoomProperty("CanBeAttackedHere") == 1)

:o :o :o

thanks, Chris! This has gotta be the most awesome addition!
sssoooo awesome yeah!

Scorpiorus

Quote* Added Custom Properties to allow you to easily specify options for hotspots, characters, rooms, objects and inventory. See below for more info.
Wow, what a most coolest-est feature!! Can't wait to to test it. :o

Quote* Added ability to change sprite numbers in the Sprite Manager.
Special thanks for that one. Now we can take the full control of sprites.

Quote* Added option for characters speed to be adjusted in line with their scaling level. (Yes, now you can all shut up about it :P  )
Just one more word: Amazing! :D shu... :-X  ......

-Cheers

Pumaman

Quote from: netmonkey on Sun 06/07/2003 19:25:27
hey, some of the borders around boxes in the editor have disappeared. like for example the white box that shows the sprite on the sprite manager has no border at all. I'm not sure if you meant for this to happen or something... just letting you know :P

Hmm oops, well spotted, I'll put that back.
Have any of the annoying black borders you got in WinXP gone away now at all?

QuoteHmm... I just noticed something interesting... and I'll call it a glitch for now: When you're in a dialog conversation, every time there's a new line said the current cursor (before the dialog) flashes for like a frame, making it look kind of odd. It seems that it happens every time another character speasks. this has been around for a while, and I think I did a nasty workaround in my game, but I'm sure that everyone would benefit from an automatic system.

I'll take a look at that later.

Also, I just noticed that if you test a 256-colour game and you select the "cross-fade" transition, the editor will warn you that cross-fade will not work (when it compiles), but the game crashes anyway. When I read it, I thought it meant that the game was going to run anyway, but it was not going to play the transitions since it's 256. Maybe you should be more clear on the message for n00bs (like me... wait, I ares not a n00b)

The message tells you it won't work, and then it doesn't work. How much clearer do you want it to be  :P

edmundito

nope, the black borders are totally gone!!!! ;D So whatever you took out it seemed that it was what was causing it, and except for the sprite box that has no frame, everything else looks fine to me.

There are some glitches if you add that manifest file from wxWindows' website (the one that makes the buttons look all xpish and stuff), but I don't use it anyway...  :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Robert Eric

What?  Another one?  

* Robert Eric cuts Chris' arm and exposes wires.

I knew it.
Ã, Ã, 

deltamatrix

This Property thing looks good CJ! Your example directly links to a scripting issue in my game. This should make things easier. Thanx!
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

TerranRich

Again, Chris, you've added something that I have no clue how to use, that's how powerful it is. I'll have to mull this item properties feature over a bit to see how I can use it. Man, you blow my mind sometimes. NOW STOP IT! ;D ;D

Proskrito

Ouch! i might change the lucas templates to use the new properties thingie, that way looks neater than mine. But it seems like i'll have the same problem i have with my properties system, is there (or there will be) a way to change the properties in script?? something like SetHotspotProperty or so?

Erica McLane

Very nice.  ;)
Currently I can`t download AGS because I have some modem problems, I`ll fix them soon.

So Chris, here is the manifest file:

In the same directory as you have your executable (e.g. agsedit.exe) you put a file called agsedit.exe.manifest in which you have something like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly
  xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"
  manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
   processorArchitecture="x86"
   version="5.1.0.0"
   type="win32"
   name="agsedit.exe"/>
   <description>The AGS Editor</description>
   <dependency>
   <dependentAssembly>
   <assemblyIdentity
        type="win32"
        name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
        version="6.0.0.0"
        publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
        language="*"
        processorArchitecture="x86"/>
   </dependentAssembly>
   </dependency>
</assembly>

You can build it in the AGS editor using the following line:

1 24 "agsedit.manifest"

TerranRich

Chris, I have a suggestion. It's a really small one, but something that I could really really use and wish I didn't have to script to work around it. When interacting with hotspots, what if there was also an option beside the walk-to thing where you could have the player also face a certain direction after interacting with the hotspot and walking to it. Like a checkbox where you can toggle this per hotspot, then either give a direction, or maybe even just inputs for coordinates, or even wherever the player clicked, as a default value. Would this be possible?

If this were implemented, then mylife would be complete and all will be right with the world. ;D

ThunderStorm

*Gasp* - Wow, this is the most amazing beta update I have ever seen, perhaps apart from the windows editor. It's only some days ago that I thought something like these properties could be useful.

Now please reward yourself with a candlelight dinner or a bottle of beer or something.  ;)

Pet Terry

Oh my! Have a cookie now :) I don't usually download betas, but now I have to because of all these cool features!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Pumaman

Quote from: Proskrito on Mon 07/07/2003 10:57:36
Ouch! i might change the lucas templates to use the new properties thingie, that way looks neater than mine. But it seems like i'll have the same problem i have with my properties system, is there (or there will be) a way to change the properties in script?? something like SetHotspotProperty or so?

I am not currently planning to allow the properties to be changeable at runtime, but I'll consider it for a future development.

QuoteSo Chris, here is the manifest file:

Thanks, but I really don't recommend running AGS with the manifest file. As netmonkey says, the editor looks better without it.

QuoteWhen interacting with hotspots, what if there was also an option beside the walk-to thing where you could have the player also face a certain direction after interacting with the hotspot and walking to it

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're after, but couldn't you do it in your on_mouse_click script?

ThunderStorm/Petteri: thanks, I'll do that  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk