[CANCELLED] By the Sword: Conspiracy

Started by TerranRich, Wed 23/10/2002 19:29:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

*Downloading*

You should know that ags doesnt compress files very much :P

remixor

Excellent, Rich!  Downloading as I type...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Vel

Im stuck
Spoiler
I just got all the piecesof paper, but I cant use this code anywhere.
[close]

Timosity

Excellent stuff, I've been waiting for this for a long time, good to see you've been productive, I'll tell you more when I've played it.

TerranRich

Vel: It's used, believe me. Maybe I should make this more obvious, since it really itsn't apparent at all. In the very first room, the CryoStasis room, did you try using all the panels? It's the rightmost panel where the medkit lies.

Timosity: Yup, I've been working hard on this from Day 1, and work will progress very smoothly now that this is out of the way.

:)

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Timosity

Looking good Terranrich, I just noticed one thing, if you look at an inventory item, after you click off it, the menu gui at the top of screen remains off. (this is the case when you click outside the inventory large image and you don't go back to the normal inventory screen) you can get it back by pressing tab & closing inventory. Also when you restore a game, the top menu gui is off.

I'll get back and play some more, very interesting

Spoiler

a couple more things:  in the inventory window, if you use the hand on the blue cup, you smudge the finger prints, but then you have two cups, the smudged prints one and the original.

in the hanger if you press the 'release shuttlepod' button, a message behind the gui comes up and the game is frozen, you can only press alt-x to quit. - this is before you are probably supposed to press this button as I haven't finished the demo.
[close]

TerranRich

Goddammit! A month of beta-testing and I still can't get rid of all the bugs!

>:(

This might affect gameplay with this demo. And I swear I thought I got rid of all the bugs. Fuck.

If anyone finds any more bugs, let me know and I will re-release the demo after I find most of them. :)

BOYD1981

i tried to play the game, and this happened...

is there any way you could make the actual exe file smaller and just have several not as large data files for any future, if any, demo releases?
i think this machine is just having problems loading the exe into memory...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Pet Terry

Great game :) Takes some time to load on my computer, but it doesn't effect to actual gameplay.

Although,
Spoiler

I can't find any use any for that mystical code you find when you collect all the pieces of paper and don't know how to solve that password puzzle in lounge room. I guess it has something to do with that ice cream list you find from the body...?
[close]

Oh, and that tune I made, in the start, it's the older version without atmospherical strings I added to the newer version.

But keep up the good work :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

milquetoast

Looking forward to playing the demo Rich! I've had your intro on my HD for quite some time. :)

TerranRich

Everybody who doesn't know what to do with the code on the papers in the captain's quarters: did you even try the panel in the first playable room? Try all three panels on that console, including the rightmost one right near where the medkit was.

As for the memory problem, I will make the data chunks larger I suppose. Or just get with the century and upgrade ;D

As for the Officers' Lounge puzzle, yes it has something to do with the ice cream menu. See how they're numbered?

:)

Timosity

It's great so far but after a few days of trying I need a bit of help

Spoiler
I've found 5 pieces of paper so I can't get that code, are all the pieces of paper in the same room cause I've exhausted that room, and I did get the one in the random book, how many pieces are there.

Also with the frequency in the cell, is there a number somewhere or is it just trial and error, cause if it is trial and error, i've tried many between 100 & 10,000 and always get the same message, no message saying I'm closer or anything, there must be a number hiding somewhere.
[close]

TerranRich

Meh. As for the security cell frequency, it's supposed to be trial and error.

Spoiler

To get the frequency (a cheat!) simply shoot the upper-right corner of the room, beyond the visible part of the room itself. This will give you the frequency directly.
[close]

And as for the piece of paper, you do know there's a second room in the captain's quarters, right? ;)

Timosity

thanks for the cheat thing, no offence, but I hate those sort of puzzles, maybe not such a huge range anyway.

Quote from: terranRICH on Wed 15/10/2003 19:57:04
And as for the piece of paper, you do know there's a second room in the captain's quarters, right? ;)

I know there's a second room, if you mean the bedroom, but he just walks in and out, I guess I need to have something to go in the room, but I've tried everything I've found and accessed all the other rooms.

Spoiler
A couple more little things, in the captains room, the walkbehind on the chair on the left bottom of screens walkbehind needs fixing, you can stand way below it and you're still behind it, also you pick up a helmet in the guest vip room but it doesn't appear in your inventory.
[close]

It's a tough game, that seems easy at some points, I guess I'm just missing something, or not using something I have right?

TerranRich

What do you mean he just walks in and out of the bedroom? There's supposed to be a very narrow room with the captain lying on the bed, dead.

It seems I might have to re-think the force field frequency puzzle thing. You're right, it is a very large range. Maybe a smaller range? Because the closer you get to the right frequency, it's supposed to disrupt the forcefield more and more. I'll reduce the range by a large amount and re-release it.

I never noticed anything about the walk-behind. Or the helmet. I'll fix both of these for the re-release of the demo. Thanks :)

Minimi

I have the same darn problem as Boyd... I get the memory problem. Please o please make a version of the demo where the exe is in seperated parts, because I'm dying to see, and play the game, and learn about the style you are using the graphics with and such... for making that city in bryce... you know... Could you do that? split the 65mb file into some smaller files?

Timosity

Quote from: terranRICH on Thu 16/10/2003 14:55:18
What do you mean he just walks in and out of the bedroom? There's supposed to be a very narrow room with the captain lying on the bed, dead.

It says something like, there is too much debris in the way, I'll just assume the captain is dead like all the others.

It seems I might have to re-think the force field frequency puzzle thing. You're right, it is a very large range. Maybe a smaller range? Because the closer you get to the right frequency, it's supposed to disrupt the forcefield more and more. I'll reduce the range by a large amount and re-release it.

When I cheated, I tested some numbers closer just to see what happens, and I think it's a good puzzle, but yeah, reducing the range will stop people getting pissed off.

I never noticed anything about the walk-behind. Or the helmet. I'll fix both of these for the re-release of the demo. Thanks :)

No worries, glad to be of help.

TerranRich

Crap! I forgot that the skill level affected whether or not you could visit that room! Dammit. I'll definitely fix that as well. Try it with a skill level of, say, 90.

What happened was, originally I forgot to put a 6th paper location in the main room, so I thought I was clever in deciding to hide one in the bedroom as well. Guess I forgot about that. Sorry! :)

Timosity

I totally didn't even think of skill level, and what is harder 1% or 100%?

maybe it should be clearer, is it your skill, or the games skill against you.

Thanks for the help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk