September MAGS

Started by magintz, Sat 30/08/2003 21:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Paranoia

Quote from: sergiocornaga on Sun 07/09/2003 02:45:18
Shite, I don't stand a chance.

Oh well, maybe next month...  :'(

cause you do! i can do pretty pictures but my story lines are normally crap so you stand a BIG chance, whatever the out come its all practice, any comments be it good or bad help with the next project ;)

ravenfusion

I've got an idea what to do for mine. :)

Bluke4x4

Minimi, I think you used a wrong color because I can see through the white belly of the peinguin in the first screenshot after the walk animation.

Minimi

I know, I'm aware of that, and I fixed it already ;)

But thanks for the advice! ;D

Paranoia

for the first MAGS i've ever  done, i've got a start middle and an end! the end is normally rushed if even thought about! the only thing is its over 5meg zipped because of all the bull shit to hide my lack of scripting skills :-\ and i haven't finished yet! i lied in my earlier post tho, its only got one ending now, but one will do ;)
i'll try and get the file sizes down, hopefully it won't put ppl off, just hope its worth the wait downloading! :-[

Minimi

AAAH YOU LYER! ;) Well, i forgive you!

I do have multiple endings, infact 2. The game will be about 2,5mb compiled and zipped... well... i think about 1,5mb orsomething... maybee ts getting a little bigger, because im also about to add some sound effects and midi music.

Ginny

Ooh, sounds like a great MAGS theme.
I'll enter, that is, If I finish it on time, what with school and stuff. I'll really try though, and if I don't I'll just release it later (probably much later.. :P).

I actually have 3(!) ideas, but after some thinking I chose one. :)

A question: Does the game have to be made alone? I might (though I doubt it) recruit a friend of mine as an artist if not.

I'll probably do it in 320 X 240, letterbox mode, and alter the existing GUI. You probably didn't need to know that, but I'm just brainstorming, heh.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Hobbes

Glad to see so many people enjoy these rules!

So far we've seen some screenies from Minimi and Paranoia (I like 'em both!), and I was wondering... any more people busy with it? As we're only on the 10th day of September (hah, 20 days left!), I was wondering... who else is actively developing?

Ishmael

I am... Though this week I've been bit lazy. I'll be back on my game with full attention this weekend, at least... :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Cold As Ice

I wil try too... I whant to ask is the ice troll a mythic creature? Here are some pics:

Soon i will show you the main character.
Here I come... And the hell comes with me!

Hobbes

Trolls? Yup.

Read up on them here.

The Subliminal Messenger

I'm working on an entry, it's called the Pointless Adventures of Hercules. You've got to kill Medusa.

Screenshot:

And that's all you'll see till it's done.
No one told me there were laws AGAINST Public Nudity!

Hobbes

Oh...

...wow...

...that looks awesome!

ravenfusion

Indeed it does, the only fault I can see is that the character looks kinda out of place on the background. Mainly because its sharp and the background is a tiny bit blurry...Either way, good work!

Minimi

argh, only when I see this, I'm about sure I'm not going to win it! grr... well... I'll just continue... with my game heres the status

plot/storyscript : 100%
backgrounds : 80%
Characters : 20%
Objects : 60%
Script : 30%
Sound : 1 completed MIDI, and still some sounds to make. I was considering also speech... but I reconsidered, because I have too less time!

Paranoia

mines turning out to be more of an interative movie rather than a game! lol, i don't think it stand a chance of winning, theres not a  plot, just the  basics, the puzzles or rather easy, it does have 3D backgrounds i'm proud of, 5 animated cut scenes, looping room if i ever get it working, and hopefully its funny!

plot 99% (subject to changes!)
backgrounds 90% (all done but need tidying)
characters 90%(as above)
objects 90% (inventory item scaling tidying)
script 70% (i'm crap at it!)
sound 80% (to sound effects need voice changes)
no music midi yet for the game, end has one

games playable to the end but few script problems, looping room script to do, walk to spots, messages oh and spell check! last room misses out a lump of actions, and i can't see why

my mythical character is a gorgon too :-\ must be right nasty b*tches always causing trouble!

Evil

Does the Lock Ness Monster count? And is anybody else using the Lock Ness Monster?

Ginny

Heh, hilariously, I was choosing between 3 creatures and one was the Loch ness monster (I like to call him/her/it Nessy ;), but in the end I chose another one. I think it counts because it's technically a kelpie. :)

My creature is extremely cliche (insuring that noone will use it :P) but also with a twist. Ehem.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Evil

When I started I was like 'Wait, Spaceghost isnt a mythalogical creature...' so it totally blew that idea. Hopefully I can use it someother time. :)

I dont really mind if there is another Lock Ness monster game but I wanted to make shure they didnt care...

Paranoia

i think nessie would be cool, they say theres two of em anyway! i don;t think it matters if there is two character the same, i very much doubt someone one has the same warped mind as me so the games won't be the same anyway, the gorgon in my game is simply the goul, it could be anything, well not nessie, theres no water! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk