December MAGS

Started by magintz, Mon 01/12/2003 16:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelman

question,
Is it cool if the main char is a normal person? and is it cool if that person has no santa hat, provided the guest star is wearing a santa hat? thanks!
Are clones people two?

Totoro

As Mats stated before:

The main-character must wear it all the time. About the existing characters, not everyone but most of them, it's okay to make up characters but at least three must be extisted like I said. Also, the main-character must be an existing character like Bernard, Guybrush, Elwood Blues, Goofy etc.

Alexis Vale

This sounds like fun. I can't wait to see the games! Maybe someone can do a The Nightmare Before Christmas one. Dang, I have so many ideas, but zero time (exams and church activities).

Evil

Count me in. I will finish this time, I will not back out.

I have a question though. Can the snow be falling outside the window or does there have to be a seperate room?

Ps: I call dibs on Ronald McDonald and friends... Are they famous enough?

BerserkerTails

I'll *TRY* to enter this month... But I'm not doing a single sprite or line of code for my MAGS game until I finish the demo for The Tablet of Altheria, which I hope to release Christmas Eve.
I make music.

Nixxon

As for using pre-made sprites, bg's etc.
Would a contestant be more likely to win if he/she made their own graphics? Just seems a bit unfair since most of the effort is indeed making the backgrounds and animations.

Evil

Thats right biotches. This is what to expect.

A very merry McChristmas to all...

BerserkerTails

Awwwwwww man...  ;D
I make music.

Nixxon

Mats Berglinn

Evil: Cool idea! Those sprites looks sweet. The sno falling about of a window? Sure, it's allowed but can the snow-rain-plugin do that?

QuoteMaybe someone can do a The Nightmare Before Christmas one.

Yeah, no one have ever done a game from that movie. I would like to see The Grinch as an AGS game.

Oh, and a special note: About the santa-hat rule: If you're basing your game after a christmas movie, you don't have to use santa-hat for the main-character all the time (if you look at The Nightmare Before Christmas or the Grinch, the main character only wear those in special scenes), but if you bases on non-christmas movies, games, comics etc., the character must wear the Santa hat all the time. It's just to make it logic in terms of the original christmas movies.

Nixxion: Who is that character? I don't recognize him/her. About the graphic thing: It's up to you which kind of graphic you use, its up to the voters for who is going to win.

Gilbert

;D

No, as usual, I'm not making an MAGS game, that pic is nothing new either...

BerserkerTails

Of course that pic is nothing new Gilbot, there's nothing there! ;)

Checked the source, got the link to the "pic", and STILL couldn't see it. What are you hiding from us Gilbot! I NEED TO KNOW!!
I make music.

Gilbert

heh if you cant see it, it's probably some problem with your ISP and villagephotos.

Mats Berglinn

Please, stop making those dumb things if you're not in the competition, ok? I hate when people does that.

Nixxon

Speaking of icelandic monkeys...

Hinders

My mags game will rock(if i get it finished)
----

BerserkerTails

<Switched browesers and saw pic>

Nice Gilbot. You *SURE* you don't wanna make a MAGS game??  ;)
I make music.

Joelman

ok, heres my deal, i'm an elf, santa is in a caffiene induced coma, and I have to save christmas. his hat doesnt fit me, because he has a large head, and my hair gel would make the inside of the hat sticky...
is this legit?
btw, i'm partly basing it on the grinch, in that you CAN steal christmas and be evil rather than save christmas... is that close enough?
Are clones people two?

Mats Berglinn

No, that won't count. Like I said before...
1: If you NOT basing your MAGS game of movies like the Grinch or The Nightmare before Christmas, the main-character must wear a santa-hat ALL the time. Hair-gell is no excuse for it.
2: Santa's lil' helper is too close to Santa so no, you can't use him for this. I'm sorry but it has to be a variation.

PureGhostGR

I'll pass this time :( :( :(

I've actually come up with a solid idea for a game.. but my main problem is the santa hat.. I can't fit it in without the game loosing its moody atmosphere.. not constantly wearing it at least.. (there would be an after-costume part)..

Oh,well..

Good luck to everyone else. :)

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk