December MAGS

Started by magintz, Mon 01/12/2003 16:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

Ok here is the idea for my game :

It's christmas 1890 and the main character, is celebrating together with some friends of him, christmas at home. He is working on a project of a machine to zap through time, and he's testing it. While he still wears is santaclaushat, he steps into his machine, and travels through time, into just a few hours before the time 0. Now he wants to find out the story of christmas, and have a view on the little baby Jesus.

Sources :

Movie : The Timemachine (from 1978)
Book : Matthew from the Bible

Ginny

Hmm, now chances are that I'm wrong, but isn't AD After Death, that is 0 is when Jesus died? not born? well, I'm not a christian so more likely I'm wrong :P

GhostGR: screw the rules! :P j/k but maybe you could make this game seperately?

Now, as for me, the game will take place on a distant planet controlled by... badgers... and koalas are also an important entitety(sp?) there. The player arrives there and crashes his spacecraft, and is stuck. And it's christmas. that's about all I can tell you without revealing too much.
I've finished the GUI:)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Mats Berglinn

Minimi: Very original if I say so myself.

GinnyW: A combo of spin-off of Planet of Apes and Christmas? Well, seems okay as long as three character are from Planet of Apes or other stuff (Who or from what does not matter, it's up to you).

I don't know what AD stood for, but I'm sure it's not After Death because Jesus lived until he was 30 or so. What I heard is that Jesus weren't actually born year 0 but year 1. I know it sounds unlogic and strange but that's what I've heard.
It seems pretty exciting so far.

Minimi

Anno Domini, is counted from the moment Jesus was born. But yesm I heard some people also say, that there might be something between, like 1 or 3 years difference. Well... back in that time, they didn't have telephone, and travelling and spreading news, took some more time. But who cares about those few years?

SSH

This is numeral pedantry, but it's all to do with cardinal and ordinal numbers. Anno Domini (AD) means " The year of the Lord", so the day Jesus was born, notionally, was the first day of the first year of the Lord. Hence 1 AD. There was no 0 AD because there is no such word as "zeroth" or "nothingth": these are ordinal numbers. However, BC dates are cardinal numbers, that is the number of years "Before Christ", hence there was a 0 BC.

Since the first year of the first millenium was 1 AD, hence the first year of the second millenium was 1001 AD and the first year of the third millenium was 2001 AD.

Just to confuse things, the latest estimates as to when Jesus was born indicate that it was the year known as 5 BC, as other records indicate that there was a census in Palestine in that year.

Myself, I follow the Chinese system...

Ginny

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Thu 04/12/2003 15:01:24GinnyW: A combo of spin-off of Planet of Apes and Christmas? Well, seems okay as long as three character are from Planet of Apes or other stuff (Who or from what does not matter, it's up to you).

Oh god no, you misunderstood me, asmuch as Plent of the apes is a nice movie, it has no connection whatsoever to my game, I just need it to be on a different planet, the main character is a famous char but is a secret, and also I will have several AG characters (nothing from movies). heh. Serious work starting tommorow. :)

edit: Gee I hope LEC won't sue me, all 3 characters turned put to be from LEC games. I'm not gonna rip them though, they'd make the art look even worse heh. I hope it's ok for the NPCs to not be extremely important to the story. There will be interaction and dialogs of course, they're just not really in the story as main roles... Hmm, then again maybe they are lol.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Mats Berglinn

QuoteGee I hope LEC won't sue me

Relax, LEC haven't discover Night of the Hermit yet and neither m0ds Indiana Jones game which is under production, so it's safe.

Jae

Well, with me there are never any guarantees... but here's a sample of what *might* be my entry:

Mats Berglinn

Heh, Elvis Presley in a Santa hat! I bet you're gonna use the song Blue Christmas for that game. He looks too simple but that's just an opinion.

Since Elvis did feature in movies when he was alive, the real person rule is an exception for this but remember to not use other real persons that are not featured in movies.

Mats Berglinn

Well? Have someone else any great ideas for this competition? Anyone finished or came far with their games? I would like to know.

Evil

I should be done with all of my background art today. Do you know how hard it is to animate a person with big red shoes? I've been working it for 2 hours and only have 8 frames... Grrr... >_<

Mats Berglinn

Woah! Take it easy! I just wanted something to happen here since no one have replied for 24 hours. Besides, knowing the process of the contestants are exciting and good to know about.

Jae

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Fri 05/12/2003 15:27:27
Heh, Elvis Presley in a Santa hat! I bet you're gonna use the song Blue Christmas for that game. He looks too simple but that's just an opinion.

Since Elvis did feature in movies when he was alive, the real person rule is an exception for this but remember to not use other real persons that are not featured in movies.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realise that Elvis doesn't really lend himself to video games very well.

In fact, there are very few characters that DO. I can't think of a single character worth taking the time and effort to animate to make a game... sad, isn't it?

n3tgraph

if anyone needs a christmas tune, pm me, I might have some time for it :)

I do mp3 stuff

btw Matts, don't be such an ass against Gilbot :P
It's almost christmas dude :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Mats Berglinn

N3TGraph: It's okay, you don't have to be in competition. And my name is MATS with one T, not MATT and not MATTS. Man, can't people outside Sweden write my name correctly even if it stands there? That's just plain dumb. No offence really, fellow-agsers, but I'm sick of people writing my name wrong.

Jae: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it won't be like last month when it was only me left at almost the end (before Mr.Collosal and the guy who made William's nigtmare) because that would be boring.

Mats Berglinn

Alright people, only 15 more days before the competition is over.

Is there someone else who would like to join the competition? How is the process for the contestants? I like to know some more.

Ghormak

QuoteAnd my name is MATS with one T, not MATT and not MATTS. Man, can't people outside Sweden write my name correctly even if it stands there? That's just plain dumb. No offence really, fellow-agsers, but I'm sick of people writing my name wrong.

Quote...before Mr.Collosal and the guy who made William's nigtmare...

I'm sorry, I don't usually nitpick but this was hilarious.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Mats Berglinn

Look, I try to not be offensive, so please stop do that, ok, Ghomark?

And I just didn't remember the name of the guy who made William's nightmare, so what's the fuss about?

AGA

His point, Mats was that you misspelled Mr Colossal's nick in exactly the post you were complaining about other people misspelling your name...

Fuzzpilz

It's about you complaining about people misspelling your name and then misspelling someone's name in the same post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk