December MAGS

Started by magintz, Mon 01/12/2003 16:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

Oh, ok. I'm sorry. I didn't realize it. I hope you guys can forgive me for this.  :-[

evenwolf

Yay mags
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Mr_Frisby

I was thinking of entering but I don't have the time this month - here's what my main character would have looked like.

It was going to be an ags char. game with Rob blanc in the lead - It was also going to star Richard Longhurst wearing an elf . . up his butt.

Thanks for remebering me Matttttts. :P

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Javier

Hey everybody, I want to make a game who's main char is Guybrush from Monkey Island... so, how many other famous chars I have to include?

Javier ---> (msg me at javier_088@hotmail.com)

Mats Berglinn

Two more characters but you gotta hurry. It's just 11 days left before the competition is over.

asafii

Hey , I think im gonna try make amags game as my first ags game just for some practice.

Im thinking something along the lines of , Haddon Sandblum , the guy who created the first santa image is kidnapped by an evil villian (ill find a villian from one of an existing adventure game)  because they dont want there to be christmas spirit but indiana jones is sent on a mission to find him in time for him to create santa for chirstmas.

I know the sotryline is a bit corny and i need to move my butt cause i only got 11 days but does this seem fine to you? also what are the rules of reusing backgrounds from older adventure games & obvioussly reusing characters because it is needed for this months competition , is this possible or are there any rules against it?

Regards
Asaf

Ginny

Good luck asafii, sounds like a nice game, I never heard of Haddon Sandblum :)

I should get a move on too. I gotta get a sprite from MI and retrace it, and do more art and scripting (no music done yet either). But it's alright, I'll make it. ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

asafii

Yes Haddon was the guy who drew the first images of Santa he was hired by Coca Cola because originally Santa Claus is a coca cola figure i think it was in 1923

Mats Berglinn

I like your idea, asafii. By the way, Haddon wasn't exactly the one who made the first Santa Claus but he was the one who gave him the red suit which we all know him as.

Evil

Holy crap-o-la! Eleven days! Don't panic, don't panic! AHHH!

Mats Berglinn

Strange... no games have come up yet. I wonder if this will be like repeating last month? Now hurry up people but don't panic. Panic is the path to the dark side. Panic leads to stress, stress leads to frustration, frustration... leads to suffering. Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. Anyway, it's just one more week to go (7 days to be more exactly). If you feel stressed because time starts running out just chill out on Christmas-eve or Christmas-day (depending on when yo get the presents, for myself it's at Christmas-eve  ;D).

sergiocornaga

I'm sure they'll all come flooding in on the last day.

Evil

Yeah, I'm hoping after Christmas I'll have some time but as of now I have none.

Ginny

Yep, most likely mine will come in on the last day. One thing though: you seem to indicate that the last day is saturday, 27th, and not the 25th (thursday), which is when the competition usually ends (the later the better of course, heh). Anyway, my computer (well WinXP more like) has gone AWOL, so that may pose a problem for me, but I'm reinstalling photoshop and that should take care of any trouble, as AGS is installed on Win98 too. :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

hmm.. is there a game yet finished? Because I just started today working on my game ;D And it's going to be 5 rooms... and nothing cool... but atleast it's fun to give abit competition to the month ;D Btw.. it's a game with Puddy Penguin with a christmas hat ;D Yupz, it's a character from a game, hehe...

look :

Ginny

Nice, he looks cute :P
Anyway sorry for the confusion, I figured it out, it said 28th in the first post so ok :)
I'm pretty close to finishing it, might even be first to post my game this time ;)

Mats Berglinn

Well Minimi, at normal circumstances I wouldn't accept Puddy Penguin because he is only known to some agsers but not so well-known in Sweden, England, USA, Denmark etc. and therefore he isn't what we call "famous" in the terms of the rules... But because it is so little time left I make this an exeption.

I see forward to your post GinnyW.  ;) I hope you others can make it in time.

Mats Berglinn

It's just a few hours left before it's over. I don't know if the deadline will be at 18:00 (I don't know at which timeline but it would be London time) but you guys gotta hurry if there is going to be any voting. I know that it has been hard times because of Christmas and other things but I know that you guys can do it!

It would be sad if there are no games up before the competition is over. If the case will be like that then I will make the new rules and I make them much more simple than this month rules so more guys can be for the competition.

Good luck to you all and let's all hold our thumbs for that at least one or two games will make it in time.

Minimi

hey, I hope to finish my game in about 3 hours... im working hard on it now. But hey, it's just midday here in The Netherlands. It could be that I come a little short in time, because I have a dinner with my colleagues in 5 hours... and the evening after it, I would had been going to finish the game.... but right now im going back to AGS, to try finishing the game!

Ginny

I swear to finish my game. Ussually it's until 18:00 GMT? I can definetly make it :)
I'll just have lunch (I'm home from school) and then it's right to AGS to finish it  :)

P.S. Unless something horrible happens of course. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk