JP and Cosmo :: Soon to be released ...

Started by Darth Mandarb, Tue 09/12/2003 23:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorcan

You have lot of applicants now, too bad I came home so late tonight. If there's still a place for me, I would love to beta-test your game too.

Darth Mandarb

Dorcan - I sent you the link even though you hadn't yet asked!  And now you ask!  Convenient ;D

I sent out the links (via PM) to those chosen to BETA test!

As soon as I get feed back (and effect any changes requested/required) I'll post up in the Completed Games board.

If you didn't get a PM for beta-testing I'm sorry, I only wanted so many and didn't expect to get so many requests!

I'm putting together a website for the game (including a walk-through).  As soon as it's ready I'll post the link in here!

Thanks so much for the interest!

~ d

Dorcan

There really should be a sound playing when you get a new PM
In fact it took me about 30 min to post the previous message as I was chatting on MSN at the same time.
Yup, convenient as you say ! Now I'm excited like a little girl  ;D

Edit :

Hehe I really enjoyed what I've seen so far, and as I'm stuck now, I think I will go to sleep... it's getting late.

Some bugs & remarks:
Spoiler

We can't skip the generic & the mouse cursor should be hidden

Save & Load buttons doesn't work

You can take the roll of paper by clicking on it with the interact mode, when it should be with the take cursor. Same thing for the whisky and other minor objects.

When the GUI containing the hotspot description pops up, we can't right-click to cycle cursor mode, as the cursor is OVER the GUI.

There are some region problems when walking toward the bathroom at the upper level, which make walls not dissapearing sometimes.

You can take as many empty jar you want from the shelve at the basement

Instead of interacting with the mop bucket when clicking on it, the cursor interact with the shelves

The "Golf Club" description GUI stays until we look at something else. I think you should change the way the description GUI works, making it dissapearing when the mouse cursor moves for exemple
[close]

Darth Mandarb

Dorcan - Thanks!  I have added all items to my to-do list!  Oddly enough I realized some of them awhile ago, but had forgotten because there's so much else involved!

I have created a small, silly little webpage for the game (with 1 new screen shot!)

The Adventures of JP & Cosmo - A Friend Indeed ...

Feel free to check it out!

~ d

Squinky

Rock on Darth! I have played and sent you a pm. It's looking really great...

piraatlife4me

Exactly what I expected it be.
Absolutely fabulous!
I sent you a pm.
Daniel
Winebarger

Darth Mandarb

Thanks to all who have BETA tested so far!  I've made LOTS of fixes/changes/etc.

With your help, we're making this game even better!

To those who have DLed the game, there are two MIDI files in the zip file.  Those are needed in the game, so make sure you get them unzipped into the right spot (I'm not exactly sure where that is?  In the compiled folder I would guess.)

~ d

Inkoddi

Geh... I played it just an hour ago... you got a PM

edit-> oops... i forgot to mention: you spelt refrigerator wrong (in the game it's refridgerator) :P

Darth Mandarb

The Adventures of JP & Cosmo - A Friend Indeed ...

I have added (to the main page) a list of all the changes/fixes/bugs that have been reported so far (as a result of the beta-testing) and most have been dealt with!

I've also added a little development page which is the background story on the development of the project.  Just in case anybody was interested.

Thanks for all the help so far!

~ d

Nine Toes

I'm really looking forward to this one, Darth.  Hurry it up!... those eyecandy screenshots are so sweet it's giving me a cavity on my retina! ;)
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Nacho

I just post this to make JP and Cosmo come back to the top of the threads, cos I've played it and I really loved it!

And to apologize to Jeremy (Darth...) because I am an awful beta tester! I've been playing and I haven't seen all that bugs! I just played and played, sorry Jeremy ^_^

Congratulations Dorcan... It seems you're a great beta tester, thing we must add to the fact that you're a great artist! :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Darth Mandarb

THE GAME IS RELEASED!!

See the thread in the Completed Games section!!

Thanks to all those who helped me out!

**sniff**

I couldn't have done it without ya!

~ d

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk