AFRO JONES- IN COLOR (UPDATE: Screenshot Updated (1/08)

Started by TheQisSilent, Tue 23/12/2003 14:17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

TheQisSilent

You've heard it here first, folks- the long anticipated game by none finally has a demo finished.  This demo, which is the first cutscene of the game, gives you an idea of what the atmosphere of the game will be like and introduces you to the main character, the main villian, foreshadows what our goal will be, and yes, it even has ninjas.  The demo will be available as soon as I figure out where to put it online (it's 4.9 megs, any ideas?) but in the meantime, here are some screenshots to satiate your Afro Jones hunger.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/alley.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/rooftop.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/title.gif

UPDATE: 12/24 1:15 PM Pacific time:

Demo is now available online!

Like was said before, this is the first cutscene in the game.   Read previous entry for details.

Click here to get the demo (3.8 MB)

Since this is my first time working with AGS, I'd appreciate some feedback of it.  What's good, what's bad, what would you change?

(Edit: Realized you have to go to my main site to download the demo.  Tried making it as simple as possible.  Sorry!)

UPDATE: 1/02 5:20 PM Pacific time:

New screenshot available (the chief's office.)

Sorry about the slow pace, but I barely have any free time thanks to work.  Once school starts again, work will subside and I'll have more time.

UPDATE: 1/08 10:08 AM Pacific time

After a round in the Critics Lounge, the above screenshot has been updated into a much better screenshot.
Vote Afro Jones!

Follow the updates and download the demo of AFRO JONES- IN COLOR!

Damien

You could put the demo on www.illicitdev.net

It has 10 megs of free space + 10 slots for your pictures (gif, jpg) in your image gallery.

And the best part: you don't have to use any ftp upload tools to upload your files, there is a file and image uploader, you just browse your disk and look for the file you wish to upload and click OK.

TheQisSilent

Thanks for their link, but their file uploading seems to be down at the moment.  Anyone else know a good place to post it?  Thanks to some creative compression, it's now only 3.8 megs.

TheQisSilent

Got the demo online.  God bless the UK lycos :)

Bluke4x4

I liked that. It was funny. I'd add some disco music when he says "music", and some dastardly sinister music before that. I'm looking forward to this game.

BerserkerTails

WOW!!! I was not prepared for how funky that was. That was SOOOOOOO AWESOME.

If the rest of the game keeps that funkiness and humour, I think we have a SURE FIRE WINNER here. Congrats SilentQ, on making such a sweet opening.
I make music.

Damien

:oMan, the demo is so sweet, i can't wait for the full game!!! ;)

Suggestion:
Maybe you could use midi music instead of mp3 so that the game is smaller in size?

Evil

That animation was amazing! It was so smooth at some points and choppy at others. It is like the god of the worst, kicking good in the ass. It is by far the best intro, hell the best demo I have ever played, erm, watched. Great work. Most anticipated game for me.
* Evil plays that funky music

Matt Brown

aaarrgh! daggon it! you took my idea for the game I was writing!
* panda! deletes funkmaster brown and his assitant blake from his computer

or not...:)
anyways, I love the idea of this game, and it drips of the funk.
Really looking forward to it
word up

Elianto

only to say: GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

go on with this style!

TheQisSilent

Wow, thanks for your great feedback guys :)

I'm having original songs made for the game by my friends (not musically talented myself.)  They're going to keep the funk alive ;)

I have a lot planned for this game.  It's going to take me quite a while to finish- It's my first time making graphics from the computer and the animations are taking a ridiculously long time to finish.  I'm definitely going to finish this game though, no worries there.  Again, thanks for the great feedback, I just wanted to know I was on the right track ;)

MillsJROSS

What a wonderful demo. Looks like you put a lot of work into this. Lining up the animation, making all the animation, in time with the beat. What a stupedous job! I laughed my arse off. Very well done. Now finish it already!

-MillsJROSS

earlwood

LOL! that was awesome dude, I see you were generous with the really cool colors and animations! That was one of the best intros I have ever seen.

Makes you take a step back, look at your intro, and say 'Shit, My game is so lame  :-\'

BTW:Is the funk natural, or do you have to sit back and think about this stuff?

MrColossal

that was totally awesome, great use of AGS and scene change and such

real nice i'm looking forward to the rest

* MrColossal gets hooked up with the mothership connection and hates it when his funk is stepped on
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

DGMacphee

It's not often I play demos but this one came highly recommended.

Now, I am so looking forward to this game.

Hehehehehehe -- ninjas!!!

I loved that bit especially!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

TheQisSilent

Earl:  You can't learn funk.  You know, unless someone teaches it to you.

DG:  Yeah, that's my favorite part too.  Glad you liked it :)

Everyone else:  Thanks for your kind words.  I'm working on it whenever I get a chance- that is to say, I haven't been working on it much these past few days becfause of work.  But I'll keep you posted on my progress.  And does anyone know a site I can upload it to so I can direct link it?  I want to post it on the AGS main page, and for some reason www.illicitdev.net won't accept the zip.

TheQisSilent

Update, read top for details.  This will be the only time I'll post an update just for one picture, I just wanted you all to know that yes, I'm still working on it ;)  Don't forget to vote for Afro Jones for best demo!

sergiocornaga

TheQisSilent

Just wanted you to know that the previous screenshot had been updated.  Yeah, I know, great reason to top a post, but who knows?  There could be someone out there who's interested, and damn it, I'll find them!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk