Jimmy Jam ? *UPDATE* mock your socks

Started by Nixxon, Sun 28/12/2003 10:32:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixxon

IbeX brings you on a silver platter

(platter may indeed contain traces of urine)

Jimmy Jam ? Mischievous Days, Menacing Nights
Chapter 1 ? Weapons of mass defecation

You play as nine year old Jimmy (image above), the epitome of evil? well not quite but an arrogant little shit for sure. Notorious for wreaking havoc amongst his home town of Firmwood, Jimmy hosts a mass array of elaborate pranks, mischievous demeanors and inhumane violations upon citizens far and abroad.
However, the sheer audacity of his immoral activities is up to you.
A unique non-linear puzzle structure allows the player to solve countless situations in many dissimilar ways, all the while immersed in an enveloping, highly entertaining story. Will you be wicked or just plain evil?
The choice is yours? or is it?
Yes, yes it is?

Features
-Ã, Ã, Ã, 800x600 32bit backgrounds
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Onslaught of wacky cartoon characters
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Completely animated AVI cut scenes
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Studio recorded voices
-Ã, Ã, Ã, MP3 soundtrack
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Non-linear puzzle structure
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Sinful humor
-Ã, Ã, Ã, Evil connotations? mwoohaha? err

Warning: 18+
Contains -
High-Intense levels of violence
Apocalyptic profanity
3rd rate drug use
pixelicious nudity

(Here?s a 'work in progress' shot taken from the entirely animated title/intro movie)

Already bordering the legitimate medical classification of mental instability I plan to hoist my work load up a notch to bring you what I hope to be one of the funniest, best looking and sensually endearing AGS games to date. I?ll keep this thread updated regularly with progress reports and profane gestures, so keep yours eyes closed, your mouths open, all limbs inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride. Ã, ;D

UPDATE - New Screenie.

Another incomplete one to gander at, I've been having a horde of consistancy problems lately. A lot is in need of revamping, hence delays are imminent. Stay tooned though as I promise to have this baby out asap.

Vel

:o :o :o
I'd say that we have an almost-runaway quality graphics here.
Looking forward to it!

Nixxon

Chicky

is that it? one reply ??? this art is absoultly amazing , he has claimed to make a full animated intro movie in this style and there's only one reply!!!

Mann this stuff is good , really good u seriously have to go into disney animation or summit cus this is absoulutly amazing.  Great work

- a chicken

jaz

Holly shit, man!
You said my BG was brilliant... in that case I don't know what to say about yours. Amazing.

jaz

Pet Terry

I probably have to get a new PC just because of this game... Looks very very very very very very very nice!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Nixxon

Thanks guys,
Very much appreciate the kinds words... feuls my longing to fight off insomnia and continue drawing.

quote "I probably have to get a new PC just because of this game..."
That's a good point petteri, I havn't really thought much about compatibility/speed issues with low-end systems, especially high object orientated rooms (and there will be :P) etc. The AVI's are 800x600 DivX's, I remember lagging watching a 640x480 divx on my old AMDk62 350mhz.
Everything is silky smooth on my current 1.8ghz athlon so anyone at those speeds or higher wont have a prob. I guess it's something to take into consideration during the beta testing phase.... unfortunately I can't see much that can be done about it  :-\

Eero

I'm wordless... This picture is just too nice.

Rincewind

I've got one word: Incredible!
My guess is that you've got the pressure of the AGS-community on you to finish this one now... :)
Good luck with it!

Blackthorne

Dude, this game looks like it sucks.  The artwork OBVIOUSLY needs more LENS FLAERS!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, looks totally awesome, and VERY promising!

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Bob The Hun

The artwork looks amazing. I love the amount of detail.
The mountain in the background looks very 'Nightmare before Christmas'-esque, by the way.

Duzz

That artwork really is very beautiful, I can't wait to see more!
The 800x600x32 res is definately worth using for this game (besides I have a nice fast computer =P )
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Nixxon

Cheers guys,
Glad you all love the art!
I'm presently working on jimmy's room and shall have it posted real soon, along with some other dandy character images.
I'm torn between not spoiling too much of the games visuals and keeping my progress exciting and fresh. meh, few more won't hurt I suppose.
Thanks again for your delightful comments; they make me feel all fuzzy inside... though that may in fact just be bowel retention. :P
Toodles :)

evilspacefart

Tomus

It's really amazing. It's one of the greatest looking amateur games in production. Maybe Shadowplay will be comparable with its pencil backgrounds, but this is really breathtaking.

Hueij

The background image is amazing. What program did you use to make it? My guess would be Illustrator or maybe Flash.

I think a tutorial is in order  :)

Nixxon

Quote from: Tomus on Mon 29/12/2003 19:43:26
It's really amazing. It's one of the greatest looking amateur games in production. Maybe Shadowplay will be comparable with its pencil backgrounds, but this is really breathtaking.

Im also really looking forward to shadowplay, i think it's safe to say that both games are on oposite sides of the gameplay spectrum though. shadowplay looks to be a really cultured, film nior in-depth style game. JJ is more or less a wacky, insipid, grotesque, comedic journey into the realms of all things bastardized. :P

Flash all the way ;) :D

jannar85

Truly stunning! It sounds great!
Freeware or commercial? Why I ask, is because voicepacks for such big games are heavy, and difficult to host.

Looking farward to it anyway :D

P.S - I would've paid for this :P
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Nixxon

Quote from: jannar85 on Wed 31/12/2003 17:55:05
Truly stunning! It sounds great!
Freeware or commercial? Why I ask, is because voicepacks for such big games are heavy, and difficult to host.

Looking farward to it anyway :D

P.S - I would've paid for this :P

Oh god dude, you've made my day :P (after a somewhat docile new years experience)

Shall be freeware of coarse :P :), the game will be distributed in 4 chapters, 'guessing' each chapter will be around 50 - 70 meg in size, myself being on dial up understand that this is a tad excesive. I couldn't bring myself to charge you wonderfull people, something will be sorted in the near future.
Thanks again :)

jannar85

Quote from: Nixxon (IbeX) on Wed 31/12/2003 18:22:43
Oh god dude, you've made my day :P (after a somewhat docile new years experience)

Shall be freeware of coarse :P :), the game will be distributed in 4 chapters, 'guessing' each chapter will be around 50 - 70 meg in size, myself being on dial up understand that this is a tad excesive. I couldn't bring myself to charge you wonderfull people, something will be sorted in the near future.
Thanks again :)
Cool! Btw, have you got a releasedate or something? You can make people go hosting it on bittorrent :P
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk