Laura Bow in Colonel's Bequest: Resurrection

Started by Jodo Kast, Sun 28/12/2003 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackthorne

Yeah,

People want to be supportive and give advice on this project, but it's hard when he says "The demo IS on Kazaa..." then someone politely says "I'm sorry, I can't find it..." and Jodo Kast immediately says "Quit whining, you unintelligent being!  It's not my fault you are a moron!".. How is one NOT supposed to respond to such brusque behavior?  

He is rude, and hostile towards pretty much everyone - even those that would give him real advice on his game.  Which I have.... I thought I made some decent points about moving the games setting to the present day and the conflicts to the games plot it presents.   Now he can take it or leave it (I have the suspicion he doesn't care what anyone says, and he'll do what HE wants) but he's alienating the community at large that could help him, and being just cold to people.  

Another point, yes, flaming him isn't going to help anyone in the long run, and continuing to post such things won't solve anything.  He's a stubborn, inflexible person who talks a great game, and I believe gets off on the reactions he drags out of people.  Who else around here gets 60 posts a day, and half of them deleted by the end of the day?  He has no inherent creedance to his words, but in some bastardly strange way, we give him credit by the sheer amount of good words and posts we send this way.  We ALL need to let this lie, and let his game either appear, or fade into obscurity.

Most of us around here are civil, especially to each other, and we work hard to form a supportive and constructive community.  No one is perfect, that's for sure, but I know there are quite a few smart and talented fellows out there.  We need not waste our time worrying about Jodo Kast's project.  Most of us have our own..... and as sickeningly entertaining as Jodo's threads CAN be at times, we need to stop the madness.  I mean, seriously, now I sound like and infomercial.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Pumaman

*sigh* not again. Look, these forums aren't here for your personal flame wars to transfer over from the Tierra forums. If you've got some sort of problem with each other, discuss it over there or by e-mail. We're not here to facilitate all this childish bickering.

I don't understand why you people keep posting replies. Either Jodo is having a laugh and trying to wind you up (and succeeding spectacularly), or he's serious about making the game but doesn't have clear direction on where he wants it to go.

Rather than arguing about whether this 'demo' does or does not exist, how about we all just leave this thread alone and come back in 6 months time. By that time, Jodo will have had some time to let all the details and screenshots settle down.

The previous thread was deleted with an explanation, but it seems that you guys just can't let it go for some reason, so please stop posting here if you've got nothing but snide remarks.

Jodo Kast

Pumaman I appreciate it.  

I *did* have to start over here in your forums, and the first thread did mention the demos I made for the folks over at AGDIforums.  With this new thread, I removed the references to the problems I encountered at AGDIforums, and removed references to the demo, but Erpy is still bringing it up again.

If I was banished from this forum, I would not return or acknowledge any of the work I had done here as well.  That's how it is when you are banished.  Both parties say 'Fthis' and go their separate ways.

So please Erpy, Vel, Blackthorne, MuzlakOofmay, go your own way and please ignore my project.  Or use fake names so when I see your message I don't automatically ignore it as Spam/Flame.

Thanks!

Jodo Kast

Erpy

QuoteI *did* have to start over here in your forums, and the first thread did mention the demos I made for the folks over at AGDIforums. With this new thread, I removed the references to the problems I encountered at AGDIforums, and removed references to the demo, but Erpy is still bringing it up again.

Okay, but we didn't know whether you had a demo or not. Everybody was under the impression that you had one and nobody understood why you didn't want to let people have it. Nobody would have brought it up if we would have had clarity regarding this matter.

QuoteIf I was banished from this forum, I would not return or acknowledge any of the work I had done here as well. That's how it is when you are banished. Both parties say 'Fthis' and go their separate ways.

You don't do work on a forum. That's just where you communicate with people about your project in order to keep them informed and answer their questions and comments. So as I removed the thread on the AGDI-forums, no work was lost because you just posted there. You didn't use the forum itself to program or draw anything.

QuoteSo please Erpy, Vel, Blackthorne, MuzlakOofmay, go your own way and please ignore my project. Or use fake names so when I see your message I don't automatically ignore it as Spam/Flame.

Blackthorne's and Vel's comments could be argued about, but I'm curious where in this thread I flamed. If you can quote me on a post where I insulted you, I'll apologize. As for Muzlak, of all the people, he was probably one of the most supportive towards you and you can't accuse him of flaming and keep a straight face at the same time.

About fake names, I can't believe you're suggesting us to lie to you about our identities in order to be taken seriously. Does this also mean you've been judging each post on the poster, rather than the contents?

Ah well, it's a pity we couldn't communicate on the same wavelength.

Bryce

I tried emailing this guy, and look what it said:

Quotedelivery error: dd This user doesn't have a geocities.com account (lbcbr2004@geocities.com)
It seems that email is not a viable option. I'm going to respect CJ's wishes, but I'd prefer not to be called a flamer/spammer. I've supported his project until this last post.

If all you can do is attack your community, your project will fail. And after this, I'm gonna laugh. It's not surprising that you'll probably be banned from two forums. Then you'll have to infect some other community,

Matt Brown

* panda! boards up his adverture game forums, and hangs up sign, "no jodo allowed!"
word up

Jodo Kast

Erpy,

After you banished me from your AGDI forums, I am ignoring your 'wavelength'.

Bryce,

Why does it happen, whenever I feel like I am PERFECT, I go and screw up?!  You are right the e-mail address is actually lbcbr2004@yahoo.com  .  Feel free to keelhaul me for that one.  I am the biggest S.O.B. this planet has ever had to endure.  Most likely my future mistakes will make this one seem trivial.  I just want to warn you now.

Panda,

PumaMan already posted that these types of posts are inappropriate.  That is why you see poltergeists deleting messages... cuz posts of your nature fan the flame of others.

BTW, Panda,  I'll add Look Out Productions to my personal blacklist of companies/groups who are so competitive in nature, they leave nasty posts on message boards.

Thanks for your input/feedback/support!  Remember even if you post nasty things on my thread, I still appreciate the fact you care so much about the new Colonel's Bequest.  Even tho you may not agree with my public relations strategy (inspired by Karl Rove), the game itself will not embarrass the AGS community.

Jodo Kast

BerserkerTails

Here's some crit:

I played the demo. the one LucasFan uploaded... And I want to know... Whta happened to the 3d characters and backgrounds??

It only shows for a quick second, a remade screen in beautiful VGA, and a nice VGA Laura Bow sprite. I like this style, and think it's better for the game than the 3d, but I'm just wondering WHAT HAPPENED? All this time you've been talking about 3d, and I finally get the demo, and it's NOT 3D!

Plus, that wasn't much of a demo. After ALL THAT WAITING, all the new stuff could've been shown in a screenshot.
I make music.

Nixxon

Jodo Kast

That's a fake demo made by professional Flamers.

Lucasfan and Vel are professionally flaming me.  It's great!

Keep up the marketing blitz pawnz!

Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast

Nixxon

Quote from: Jodo Kast on Wed 31/12/2003 18:36:40
Quote from: Nixxon (IbeX) on Wed 31/12/2003 18:34:31
penish

I agree.

Jodo Kast

yeh i dunno, i'm shit faced, somewhat hard to create structured sentences... good luck with your project though... if it's real... and what not... sachmo

Angelus3K

BerserkerTails,

That demo was made by LucasFan thats why the backgrounds were so beautifull!!!

Jodo Kast

Why would I care about the characters and how they look if it wasn't real?

Most of what I know about creating backgrounds I have learned in the C&C forums, so hopefully you'll like what you see.

Jodo Kast

Nixxon

lol is it just me that finds irony in the fact that 'lucusfan' makes astoundingly good sierra type bg's?

Jodo Kast

Quote from: Angelus3K on Wed 31/12/2003 18:47:03
BerserkerTails,

That demo was made by LucasFan thats why the backgrounds were so beautifull!!!

Then why the he11 was it posted in my thread?  Because LucasFan, Angelus3K and Vel are professional Flamers.

Is there anybody I'm forgetting?  Erpy is forgiven cuz it's his job to represent Tierra forums.  I can't even read the Tierra forums so I'm not sure why he thinks I can, or even care to.

Jodo Kast

FakeName

hey jodo

get bent, you flaming pile of stinky cow manure

sincerely

fakename

Nixxon

lol everytime i refresh, there's atleast 2 more posts... this is insane :P

Jodo Kast

I think Fifi is sexy enough.

What do you guys think.  I'll make her look like Lara Croft.... lol.

Jodo Kast

Nixxon

Quote from: Jodo Kast on Wed 31/12/2003 18:52:10
I think Fifi is sexy enough.

What do you guys think.  I'll make her look like Lara Croft.... lol.

Jodo Kast

lol, implement some 'dead or alive'  physics and your on your way :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk