Laura Bow in Colonel's Bequest: Resurrection

Started by Jodo Kast, Sun 28/12/2003 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelus3K

Jodo Kast when have I flamed you??

And some feedback, your characters look really good! I've never heard of 'Poser' before but it sounds like a powerful program!

Erpy

QuoteI can't even read the Tierra forums so I'm not sure why he thinks I can, or even care to.

Actually, I was referring only to posts you typed before your ban, so I assumed you still remembered them.

About you ignoring my wavelength, that's a shame, but if you would have been willing to respect our decision without attempting to post new threads, it wouldn't even have been considered. A pity you took it so personal.

Also, if this whole thing is actually what you call a public relations strategy, you're taking it waaay too far. Yes, bad publicity is also publicity, but every developer sooner or later needs help to get ahead and you may someday have to depend on someone whose respect you've wasted with this whole spectacle. There's a saying that says: "The toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow."

Matt Brown

omfg! I'm been blacklisted Im sooooo scared!
Lighten up man. we do stuff like this all the time here, dont get your panties tied up in a knot. If you have to be so defensive about everything, people arent going to play your stuff, and your games, no matter how good/bad they are, will rot on in the underbelly on the internet.

Trust me man. I've been down that road.

haha, I wouldnt call vel a professional anything :)

only kidding vel.

I downloaded the demo, and I too am confused. (I am of course, speaking of the lusucfan demo)

if what you said is true, that it isnt yours, then can we lock this thread or something, until you can show us something that you can certify is yours?

not meaning to be an ass actually, just confused
word up

Jodo Kast

Panda,

The only demos that were discussed were carried over from my ban at Tierra Forums.  For this reason I can no longer support my earlier released demos.  There's lots of new content and more stuff coming at the website (which you should visit if you say I haven't done anything).  Plus I'm sure replying to your post qualifies as doing something related to my project.

If you want to ban me, that's fine (as you stated earlier - I am banned).

So I get to ignore you.  It's fair, right?

I'll try not to ignore your posts if they are written intelligently (as Erpy has shown), but for now there's nothing new for me to say.

Jodo Kast

Blackthorne

Jesus Christmas!

Stop the madness people!  Erpy, arguing with Jodo isn't going to do one bit of good.  Just forget about it.  ALL OF US..... let this LIE..... let's come back at a later date and see if he comes up with anything....... let's forget the past, start a new year over, and give him time to show he's working on something.  This thread isn't doing ANYONE a bit of good!  We can critique when he posts something new, or adds to his site.  Until then, let's just stop!

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Angelus3K

Quote from: Blackthorne519 on Wed 31/12/2003 19:18:15
Jesus Christmas!

Stop the madness people!  Erpy, arguing with Jodo isn't going to do one bit of good.  Just forget about it.  ALL OF US..... let this LIE..... let's come back at a later date and see if he comes up with anything....... let's forget the past, start a new year over, and give him time to show he's working on something.  This thread isn't doing ANYONE a bit of good!  We can critique when he posts something new, or adds to his site.  Until then, let's just stop!

Bt

Hear, Hear

Although Erpy was just trying to communicate Jodo turned it into an arguement, but lets just let sleeping dogs lie, accept Jodo lied about a demo and give him time to come up with some great backgrounds and characters!!

The Subliminal Messenger

No one told me there were laws AGAINST Public Nudity!

Jodo Kast

People have played my demos, so just because you didn't, so what?

Are you going to continue to post about it and cry about it and say, maybe next year?

I think you will!  Cuz you are doing exactly that... flaming flaming flaming.

Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast

Quote from: Blackthorne519 on Wed 31/12/2003 19:18:15
Jesus Christmas!

Bt

Yer a pawn in my marketing blitz campaign.  You are increasing awareness of my project.  Thank you for your support!

This goes for Vel too.  Nothing you will say now will diminish the enjoyment people will get from the game.

Jodo Kast

deltamatrix

You have to get the last word don't you :-\

One big mistake I believe you've make Jodo is announcing the project too early in development. Really you should think up ur idea and give a big long try first and decide whether it can go the whole nine yards before advertising it.

There I said it.
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Jodo Kast

Deltamatrix,

Thanks for your input.  We're ready to go.  It's like an unstoppable train now... who knows who it's going to plow into. Maybe another train?  I told Vamp3D that once I post Laura standing in a background or two, the flamers won't have much to talk about.  What fun is that?

Check out this awesome article: http://www.adventuregamers.com/display.php?id=329  "Commercial Adventures Are Dying? Hooray!" by Dave Gilbert

Also Ken Williams Q&A is great: http://www.adventuregamers.com/display.php?id=325

Aaron Loeb, Planet Moon Studios mentioned this about today's adventure games on the same Q&A page:
"[Designers] talk about them for very good reasonsâ€"we played them when we were kids and they convinced us that computers could be used to make incredible stories and game experiences. The question is, how do you take the best parts of adventure games (the fact that they seem to plug right into your imagination, make you part of a story and a world, make you actually feel something about characters) and bring them to modern games for a mass audience? It’s a very interesting and difficult to answer question."

I believe the answer lies in marketing campaigns that sell eagerly-anticipated games (like Colonel's Bequest).  On top of that our responsibility is to make YOU the Laura character, so you can enjoy a classic adventure game experience without being distracted by the form of the game (like text parser and blocky graphics).

Have a Happy New Year!!!!!

Jodo Kast

P.S. Some of you may get annoyed but I can tell when this page is updated.  I check the index and see if anyone has posted.  If they haven't, I close it (takes 2 seconds to check).  Also you can surf anonymously if you wish to ask a forum why they banned you, just go to: http://www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

I recommend ProxyWeb, but it's your choice.  I know lots of tricks...

P.S.S. My apologies to Text Parsers and Blocky Graphics... you guys have your place!  Retro is cool.

Jodo Kast

Sorry, I forgot to mention:

If you visit my website and you can't see the menu, the color is set to the Default Font color.  So if your Default Font color is black, you won't see nothin!

Instead, go to Tools -> Options and click on Colors and click on use Windows Colors.  If this doesn't fix it, manually change your Link colors so you can see them.

Jodo Kast

Blackthorne

Quote from: Jodo Kast on Wed 31/12/2003 19:27:53

Yer a pawn in my marketing blitz campaign.  You are increasing awareness of my project.  Thank you for your support!

This goes for Vel too.  Nothing you will say now will diminish the enjoyment people will get from the game.

Jodo Kast

Uh, you're welcome?

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Darth Mandarb

Jodo - good luck with your game.

Here's a healthy tip from good ol' DM ...

cheers,
])]v[

Jodo Kast

Bryce

Jodo,

If I recall correctly, you said that you had to do this because "programming is what you do."

With every passing post, you prove yourself more and more an idiot. I am officially a flamer now, but you know what? I don't care. Because you started it against me. You act like you have the power seat all the time, pushing people around, and saying that it's their responsibiiity if we can't download the game of KazAA.

Every freaking day you make yourself sound more and more like a freaking baby and idiot. I've offered so much help, and you take it as spam/flame. Do you even know what spam is? I'd really like it if you could look back through your posts. Every time I post some long post, and say a bunch of stuff, you post some crap like, "Thanks!" or "STop flaming, Muzlak!" Well, why don't you find one example of a flame before you said quit whining. I DARE you to look through this thread for any spam/flame.

Of course, asking you to do this little effort is too much to ask for. You will reply with nothing more than "shut up. Because your name is muzlak, I won't listen to you." That freaking crap is getting so old!

It's freaking KIDS like you that make projects as serious as mine look bad. You are an embarrassment to humanity. Please, get a life. I don't even want to see this game anymore. All my support for this project is completely gone because you point yourself as the victim, and everyone else as the enemy.

I remember the early days at TIerra when you posted a KQ3 background and we helped you with it.  Back when we thought you were civilized. But I remember at the end of this, you said something like, I'm not gonna pursue it because I'm working on this gameboy game. BULL CRAP. You never did any of this!

I'm tired of hearing your bull crap stories about how every else is the enemy. Please, for the good of the universe, shut up.

(You can start saying your Amens now)

AGA

Alright guys, well done. That's another locked thread. Jodo, lemme know when you've got an update to make, and I'll temporarily unlock the thread. Until then, this, and any other threads you might start regarding this game, will stay locked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk